¤[Chapter 3]¤

The Hacker, The Nerd, And Their Story

It’s half past noon. Most of the students is free since it’s lunch time.

A particular shy student was standing beside the cafetaria door, glancing at the clock that was nailed at the wall behind her as many as she can. She tapped her foot repeatedly, not because she’s angry or something, it just… she felt nervous.

It’s her first time since forever she would have lunch with another people. Indeed, she was extremly nervous yet happy at the same time.

“Seohyun!” someone shouted, making the shy student diverted her gaze and smiled widely. There she saw, the person that she’s been wating for the past minutes, Im Yoona, half running towards her direction. “Am I late?” Yoona panted as she took a quick glance at the clock.

“Nope. No worries,” Seohyun smiled. Yoona smiled back.

“Well then let’s go!” Yoona exclaimed happily. She took Seohyun’s hand in hers and led them away from the cafetaria. Seohyun was slightly confused, she thought that they’re going to eat lunch at the cafétaria.

“Uhm..” Seohyun mumbled. Yoona noticed it and looked at Seohyun quizically, and by then she reliesed that she’s holding Seohyun’s hand. Yoona released the grip instantly and scratched her nape.

“Sorry…”

Seohyun looked up confusely. Why Yoona say sorry to her, she didn’t do anything wrong. After a sec dozing, she finally get it. “Ehh, it’s not that…” Seohyun said, ducking her head slightly and mimicked Yoona. “I thought we’re going to eat at the cafétaria,” Seohyun reasoned.

Yoona gave a small chuckle. Thank god, she can’t imagine how awkward it will be if the reason behind Seohyun’s mumbled it’s because of her holding her hand. “Nah, cafétaria is no fun. I know a good burger place arround here, should we get a grab there?”

Seohyun nodded and smiled, usually she would refuse if someone asked her to eat junk food, but today it’s exceptional. “Sounds great. And by the way, I really don’t mind with your action earlier.. really,” Seohyun ended with a smile but regreted it immediately. A faint tint of pink flashed on Seohyun’s cheek, she’s not lying. She really don’t mind in fact, she’s quite like it. But that word can be heard wrongly, that’s why Seohyun was embrased with it.

Another chuckle by Yoona was heard, “Fine then,” she said as she smiled widely and took back Seohyun’s hand happily.

The two walked together until they reached their destination or we should called it Yoona’s since Seohyun had no idea where she was now. Being a gentlewoman, Yoona opened the door for Seohyun and lead the way, while Seohyun just followed the older one from behind.

After they ordered and took their seat, the awkward show has began. They sat facing eachother, no one wants to start a conversation nor eat the food, just a silent staring contest. Second after seconds tick by a silence until one got frustated.

“Uhm, you may eat,” Yoona said, but reliezed that her sentence was slightly wrong, so she faked a chough once more, “I mean… let’s eat!” she said before gropping her burger and shove it to awkwardly. Seohyun watched in amusment, how Yoona can bit off a big chunk of her burger. She let out a small gigle before do what Yoona do, but in more proper maner.

Yoona painted a small smile at her lips when she heard Seohyun’s gigle. “What?”

“Nothing… you just looked funny when you take that bite. Seriously how can you take that big?” Seohyun answered, smilling widely.

“I always eat a lot,” Yoona reasoned. She took another big bite again and nomed it gleefuly. She’s so happy to eat lunch with Seohyun right now, gosh she even don’t rememember the last time she had lunch with others depesite Yuri and Jessica. Same goes to Seohyun.

“By the way… where are you just now?” Seohyun asked. For the first time, she tried to open up a conversation. Yoona looked up and found Seohyun was ducking her head. She chuckled a bit before answering.

“I was at home… why?”

“Home? That time?” Seohyun asked, raising her eyebrows. Yoona nodded and gave a hum, the later nodded to as the reply. “Where are your home anyway?”

“Down the street, the appartement near the west side of our college,” Yoona answered again. She took another big bite which appereantly the last bite of her burger, she wiped her hand and with the napkind. While Seohyun just stare at Yoona’s action in ammusment.

“You do eat a lot huh?” Seohyun said as she chuckled and took a bite of her own meal. Yoona nodded her head with a childish smile on her lips. “By the way, I’m sure your appartement is lovely,” Seohyun finished of with a warm charming smile. And by then, Yoona’s heart skipped a beat.

‘Whoa, never thought that this girl have such as a charming smile,’ Yoona thought to herself. She smiled at the compliment and stay mum for awhile, she took that chance to study Seohyun’s fashion more.

One word that suitable the most is… beautiful. Although she’s slightly looked like a nerd, but at least she don’t wear braces depesite her slightly wide forehead and spectacles when studying. But in a single look, no one will suspect her as a college studdent that always studying.

And for Seohyun herself, she’s not completely a nerd, she’s just shy. Not mention she got a smart brain and a determinate personality, making her a top student. With out Yoona reliesed it, Seohyun already finished her burger and looked at her blankly. Quickly, Yoona snaped from her ponder and faked another cough.

“Ermm… so?” She said awkwardly, to awkward even Seohyun laughed a bit for it, making Yoona ducked her head in embarasment. Yoona looked the clock near them and noticed that her class would start in 45 minutes. A walk from here to her class would take up 15-20 minutes, so maybe it will be best if they walk now. “Shall we go?”

“To your appartement?” Seohyun misunderstood it. She thought Yoona will bring her to her appaertement when what really Yoona saying was go back to the college. That’s why she’s a little bit confused.

“What?? No… We’ll… ehm I’m going back to the college. I have another class,” Yoona answered quickly, obviouslt confused too.

“Ehm, so we’re going after your class?” Seohyun asked again. Somehow, she really liked the idea that she will go to Yoona’s appartement. Yoona chuckled a bit by Seohyun’s passionate to go to her house, she went out from the burger place first than followed by Seohyun that still waiting for an answer.

As they walked together to college, Yoona finally answered. “I’m afraid you can’t. You have a late class don’t you?” Seohyun nodded automaticly, not noticing a weird thing, even Yoona not noticed it too even though she said ot her own.

“Wait what?” Seohyun asked surprised.

“What?” Yoona asked back, raising her eyebrows. It not take long enough to Yoona to finally understand it, she placed her palm against to muffled her gasp. She must be looked super creepy right now. But soon, the gasp turned into a smirk. Yep, Im Yoona planned to teased the little innocent Seohyun.

“Seo Joohyun, one of the top student we have in our college. Had no record of being bad nor popular. Born at 28th of June, having three class today. Math with Dr.Kim, English with Dr. Yang, which is the class that I almost follow you in, and another Math with Mrs.Choi.” Yoona said it as she know it perfectly. She can saw that Seohyun had his mouth hung open. As far as Seohyun remembered, she never told those thing.

Another smirk planted on Yoona’s face. Mission Accomplished. She managed to made the younger girl shocked.

“H-how could you?” Seohyun asked in a complete shock.

“Hmm.. let’s just say I checked you on the web..” Yoona said, a little ebarased actualy. “And got a litlle bit overboard,” she ended with a ducked head. Seohyun let out a small giggle.

“So.. what else do you know?”

“Uhm.. not much. Only your schedule for a week,” Yoona said, she flashed a smile and started to lifted her face up again. Seohyun let out an understanding oo.

“Wait… Who are you exactly?.. I mean your major, and stuff,” Seohyun said, which bring a wider smile to Yoona’s face.

“Im Yoona, regular student in computer major. A hacker include cracking, accept offer from many students to crack a game. Almost up to 70% information I can get from hacking. Born at 30th of May, and yeah, I’m older by one year than you,” Yoona ended with a small playful bow.

“Sunbae-nim!” Seohyun playfuly stated.

“Yah!”

“Khe khe.. I’m just kidding. So… what should I call you?” Seohyun asked rather innocently.

“Uhmm… Yoona is fine. But considering your personality, maybe you’re more confortable with Unnie.” Both Yoona and Seohyun nodded in a rhytm, making them laugh. Without them noticing it, they’re already arrived at the college building. Weird for Seohyun, she didn’t want their walk together to end, and somehow, Yoona noticed it.

“Hey, tomorrow our first two classes are the same and we have the same free time… why don’t we hang out again?” Yoona suggested, which bringing a happy mixed with a little shy smile for Seohyun and the younger nodded her head.

“Good then! See you tommorow!” Yoona said and ran off. But she stopped after a few step and turned back while scratching her nape. “Uhm… can I have your number?... I mean… it would be more easier right?” Seohyun giggled at Yoona’s action, somehow she find it cute.

“Sure. Give me your phone,” Seohyun asked while stretched her arm toward Yoona’s while Yoona handed her phone. Seohyun tapped on the keypad sometimes before returned it back to the owner. “Done!” she exclaimed. “Text or call me okay? So I know you number as well.”

Yoona gave her a smile, “Okay.” She turned again but stopped... again. “By the way… you’re much more talkative than I thought,” Yoona teased before ran off. But she can hear the last thing Seohyun said, or shall we said shouted at her.

“Yah! It just- aish you left already!” Seohyun shouted half frustated, but never once the smile left her face.

Yoona giggled at her new friend. She repeated the sentence friend in her mind continuously, every time she repeated, wider smile appear. Then she fished out her phone and typed.

 

Just what?? [[ From: Unknown number | To: Seohyun ]]

 

Seohyun starlted a bit when she felt her phone vibrates, it turns out a text from an unknown number. A second after she read it, she knew immediately it’s Yoona, another smile crept on her face, she typed the reply as fast as she can before sent it back.

 

It just I try to be more… uhm you know. Less boring and less shy. And by the way, please inform me this is you, Unnie. I’m confused a bit back then. [[ From: Seohyun | To: Yoona Unnie ]]

 

But you know is me ;) Haha, it’s okay, be yourself. You’re not boring actually, just hard to talk to.… KIDDING! [[ From: Yoona Unnie | To: Seohyun ]]

 

What’s with the wink? Yah! I am not [[ From: Seohyun | To: Yoona Unnie ]]

 

Nothing, haha. By the way, my class is starting. Bye~ text you later. ;) [[ From: Yoona Unnie | To: Seohyun ]]

 

Okay. Waiting for your next text :). [[ From: Seohyun | To: Yoona Unnie ]]

 

Seohyun waited for a few minutes before assuming that Yoona already stuck inside her class. A little disappointed she was, but a new shine of life just appear. She will not be alone again, there’s Yoona now.

With a brighter step than usual, she skipped her way to her usual place, the library.

 

 


 

After Yoona finished her class, she didn’t text Seohyun back immediately... why? Because she knew Seohyun was on her class during that period. And she didn’t want to disturb her, so she went straight to home after that and sat down in front of her favourite thing. Yep, you guess it right, lovely laptop.

Mesmerized by the bright screen in front of her, she lost count of how many hour she had spent just for playing. When the reality struck her, it’s already 9 pm. And that fact quite shocking for the doe eyes.

“…” She muttered quietly under her breath, she made a quick sprint to the bathroom and took a quick bath. Done showering, she half-sprinted again to her room.

“Oh.. what’s with the rush?” Yuri asked from nowhere. Apparently, she’s been standing near the bathroom all the time for no reason and caught Yoona sprinted back and forth, which was quite amusing to look at.

Yoona shocked for awhile, where the hell that Yuri had popped out? Is she magic? Okay, Yoona’s mind started to wonder, but she quickly woke up. “Uhm.. nothing. Why ask?” Yoona said confusely.

Yuri let out a soft chuckle before walking past Yoona and ruffled her hair. “Nothing also. Just asking. By the way, I’ll be in my room if you need me.”

“I will not need you,” Yoona teased playfully, stucking her tongue out. Yoona’s action was replied by a smack in the head by Yuri.

“Fine,” Yuri said while chuckling. Soon, Yuri’s figure disappear from the sight. Yoona smiled and got back to her room. She was also wondering, why she’s in rush? Did she forgetting something? She kept thinking about it until she reached her room and looked at her phone.

Seohyun

Right! Text Seohyun!

Yoona immediately jumped from her current position and grabbed her phone. Her thumbs were hovering around the keypad, in a minute her text was sent to Seohyun.

 

Hey! Sorry for the late reply! [[ From: Yoona Unnie | To: Seohyun ]]

 

 

Meanwhile, the younger girl was rolling on her bed with unknown reason when actually her textbook was opened wide in her table, but the girl just not in the mood to move and study. Perhaps just waiting for one particular text from someone. Suddenly her phone beeped, it jolted Seohyun a little, but with a fast movement, Seohyun captured her phone and checked.

-One text message-

Could it be? Could it be Yoona who sent the text message. Happily, Seohyun tapped on the icon and read the message. But for her shame, it wasn’t Yoona, intead it’s just the operator. Seohyun huffed a sigh half upset maybe. She set the phone down and at that exact moment, her phone beeped again. Annoyed, Seohyun checked her inbox again, now she’s expecting for the operator again. But her face turned bright instantly, it’s Yoona. Instantly, she texted back in a second.

 

Nah, it’s okay. By the way, it’s nine already. Aren’t you supposed to be sleepy? [[ From: Seohyun | To: Yoona Unnie ]]

 

Hahaha, I am going to sleep in another minute. I just have to finish one more paper. And you? Aren’t you supose to be sleepy to? [[ From: Yoona Unnie | To: Seohyun ]]

 

 

Oh, good luck with your paper. I am in bed right now hahaha. [[ From: Seohyun | To: Yoona Unnie ]]

 

Oh, okay. Sleep well, see you tomorrow. [[ From: Yoona Unnie | To: Seohyun ]]

 

 

Thank you Unnie :). You too, sleep well later. [[ From: Seohyun | To: Yoona Unnie ]]

 

After her text was delivered, she locked her phone and put it on the small table beside her. Not even bothering to wait a reply from Yoona, cause she knew, she can end up staying up late texting the older girl. So, she went to her dream land with a smile plastered in her face.

 

 


 

[A/N]: Hello, I'm sorry for the late update. I want to say thank you for all of you that subscribes, upvotes,and comments. I want to inform you that this story have a slow progresion plot and many filler, I'm sorry if that doesn't sattisfy you. Anyway I'm sorry for all of my typos and gramatical errors. Thank You again.-huskylover