Cool and Cold

Camera, Photograph, You

The sun was almost right above the head. The park was already deserted since it was a very hot day.


Jimin was still sitting on a park bench, under the oak tree. He pulled off his sweater and hanged it on the armrest. His T-shirt was already drenched because of his sweat but he still didn't think to get something cool.

A camera was put down next to him as Jimin crossed his leg reluctantly. His arm was on the support of the bench as he stared straight, looked at nothing but daydreaming. The photographic contest will be held next week but he had nothing. No preparation, no inspiration, no idea at all. A sign escaped from his mouth.

Jimin grabbed his camera. He looked at the preview images for a while before he managed to snapped a picture of the view in front of him. Once again, he looked at the result and got disappointed for it.

Moment later, he stood up, collecting all of his stuffs. His camera was clinged on his neck and his sweater was wrapped around his waist. He walked away, going back home by walking along a longer route than usual. Maybe sightseeing could give him something good.

Jimin kicked a can on his track, just a bit more desperate because of the photographic contest. He lifted his head, accidentally spotted that there will be photoshoot at another park near his house. Jimin squinted. He saw his close friend so he approached the crowd then.

"Hey," Jimin patted a boy's shoulder from behind. The boy was a bit surprise for his presence but smiled, anyway.

"Jimin! Long time no see,"

"We've just met three days ago, Hyung," Jimin giggled.

"But I already miss you."

"Yah! Don't pinch my cheek," Jimin jerked. "You must be missing Taehyung," Jimin mocked. He giggled as Hoseok, his friend's name, smiled meaningfully.

"So, how about the photographic contest? Are you ready?" Jimin asked to the point as they were going away from the troop.

"I don't join it,"

"What?" Jimin's eyes was widened in shock. "Why?"

"I'm a bit busy," the boy shrugged casually. His eyes glanced to the photoshoot area, hinting his business there. He smiled. "How about you? What's your theme?" He asked back with enthusiasm.

"I'm not ready. I could think nothing," Jimin bowed his head and smiled wryly. He pursed his lips. Right and left slightly.

"Ah~ what's up?"

Jimin could just shrugged and rubbed his nape.

"Come, maybe you can do me favor and get some idea later. Come on!" Hoseok pulled Jimin's hand and took him to the models.

Jimin was just smiling politely as he was introduced by Hoseok to all models. He had no mood to talk a lot and he had said it to Hoseok but Hoseok didn't response his refusal to meet the models at all. Hoseok tightened his grip on Jimin's wrist and took him to meet his colleagues.

Jimin tapped on the camera while he was sitting on a park bench, watching everyone getting ready. He wanted to go home since some of the models were trying to catch his attention. He didn't like their way doing it so he decided to escape step by step.

Jimin stood up. He stepped back slowly, pretending to check all of the equipment but also walked away and away. He was almost going out through the exit. He looked back, checking if Hoseok was noticing him. He was still walking, didn't pay attention to someone that walked across him. Jimin got bumped against that person.

"Yah! Walk carefully!"

"I-I'm sorry!" Jimin said. He bowed ninety degrees spontaneously before offering his hand to help the person in front of him.

The boy took Jimin's hand. He pulled it to help him standing up but unfortunately, Jimin lost his balance once he did it. He fell and then landed on top of the boy at a second later.

"Excuse me..."

The space between their face was so narrow. Jimin widened his eyes as he could see the detail of his face clearly.

"Can you get up?"

Jimin just blinked once he saw the thin lips of the boy underneath him moved, saying something. He almost drop his saliva since he was gaping, didn't pay any attention of the words that spoken out. He was just mesmerized... This boy was just so...

"You're really heavy! Get the off of me!" The boy groaned.

"A-aah! Why do you pinch my cheek?" Jimin squealed, rubbing his reddening cheek.

"I said get the off!"

Jimin stood up in rush. "I'm sorry. I didn't see you," he said as he offered his hand again. Only got smacked by the person.

"I can stand up by myself."

"I'm really sorry. I don't mean to...," Jimin his lower lip guiltily. He didn't finish his sentence as he just saw the boy patted his thighs, cleaning his black trousers. "I'm really sorry...," Jimin muffled soundlessly, mostly to himself as his eyes was still following where the boy went.

"He's one of my favorite model,"

Jimin gasped in shock. "Yah! Since when have you been standing there?" He punched Hoseok's shoulder. He was surprised as Hoseok suddenly whispered on his ear.

"But he's a bit cold. Or just cold. Or very cold," Hoseok shrugged. "Come on. The photoshoot will start soon," he said.

'But his hands' warm,' Jimin thought.

"By the way, his name is Yoongi. Min Yoongi. 3 years older than you. The coldest and coolest model I've ever met," Hoseok said while dragging Jimin back to the location.

'Yoongi...'

Hour by hour passed. Jimin found himself never stop having an eye for Yoongi. Hoseok pulled him back to the photoshoot location and Jimin was only following his steps. His attention was still stolen by Yoongi.

Hoseok was totally right. Yoongi was such a great model. He was so different in front of the camera than behind the camera. Jimin forgot his desire to go home. He grabbed his camera and then took pictures of Yoongi, when it was his turn to be photographed by the real photographer - Hoseok - nor when his turn was over. Jimin's camera was never turning from Yoongi.

The way he smiles, showing off his white teeth. His slanted eyes that was curved like crescent everytime he grinned. How he touched the beanie on his head, readjusting it or just caressing it. He was a perfection in Jimin's eyes somehow.

Jimin saw the results on the screen of his camera. Yoongi never looked at him as well as his camera. There was a little disappointment clung on Jimin. Despite Yoongi was all natural, maybe Jimin hoped Yoongi was like another models, wanting him, too. He was perfect. And Jimin found himself attracted by the coldest person. Alone.

Jimin ventured to approach him when it was break time, hoping for some miracles.

"Hi...," Jimin greeted hesitantly.

"Hi," Yoongi replied while tying his shoelace.

"May I sit next to you?"

"I don't own the bench but no, you may not,"

Jimin opened his mouth but he didn't know what to say. He was still there, standing still clumsily until Yoongi lifted his head to check who he was talking to. He looked at Jimin for a while, frowning. "What are you doing?" he said as he tied another sholace.

"You said I may not sit there,"

"Oh. I'm kidding. Just sit," Yoongi beckoned to the spot next to him casually. "Don't fall on me again."

Jimin could just whined miserably. He was silent while watching Yoongi fixing his outfit. "You are such a fascinating model."

No answer. Jimin turned toward the one beside him. Yoongi was just nodding reluctantly, busy with his hair. Jimin grabbed his camera once again. He aimed Yoongi's face and captured a picture.

Jimin saw the preview. He didn't notice the change of Yoongi's face expression. Yoongi coughed. "I don't like to be photographed like that," he said.

"Then why are you a model?" Jimin asked innocently, but Yoongi caught it another way.

"Is it necessary?" Yoongi scowled.

"Wait!" Jimin grabbed Yoongi's wrist once he stood up. "I'm sorry I don't mean to..."

Yoongi was just looking at the clutch silently. Jimin realized it and then loosened his grip slowly. "Umm..." Jimin rubbed his nape clumsily. "Sorry. I-I..."

"What?" Yoongi asked curtly. He looked at Jimin still in silent until a while. He turned back and was going to abandon the younger.

"Wait! I-i... I need a model for a photographic contest next week. Would you like to help me?"

"No," Yoongi was still walking on his track.

"Why?" Jimin asked a bit louder, running after Yoongi.

Yoongi stopped. And then Jimin hit him once again.

"Sorry..."

"You should stop bumping against me." Yoongi said. He watch Jimin bent his head slowly. "There are a lot of models then why do you want a help from me?"

"Because I..."

"What?"

"Stop asking me 'what?'! I'm getting more nervous!" Jimin burst. He cursed himself a second later. "I mean..."

"Listen, Kid. You asked me why I don't like to be photographed. Because you didn't pay for it. Who am I? Your brother?"

Jimin stood there cluelessly.

"Still need my help?" Yoongi stepped away once again.

"How much do I have to pay?" Jimin asked as if he had money while he counted how much his savings silently.

Yoongi smiled. He turned back and approached Jimin, closer than ever. "Call me and then we could talk about it later. A date would be nice," Yoongi whispered as he handed a little notes into Jimin's hand. "I like you, too," Yoongi pecked Jimin's cheek very fast.

"See you, Mr. Park," Yoongi waved as he left.