We Meet Again

We Meet Again

The base was loud and the lights were flashing as the girls entered the club. It was late at night but the three girls were ready to drink and forget their worries from work this weekend. It was a small club with a small dance stage but it was packed with people who probably had similar thoughts of forgetting about stress from their workweek. Eventually the girls found a spot at the bar so they could order drinks.

As they were about to order a male came up with his credit card, “You girls are beautiful, the drinks are on me tonight!”

It wasn’t long before the beers appeared in front of them and the girls started drinking with the guys they just met. Drinks started light and small talk started between the group of guys and girls.

“Where are you girls from?”

The more talkative of the three girls spoke up, “All of us are from the local university.”

“I see. We own a firm in town. What are your names?”

“I am Yoona, the tall one is Sooyoung and the blonde is Jessica.”

“Jessica? Is she a foreigner?”

“Born in the states but her parents are Korean.”

The male was eyeing up the blonde but more with protective eyes. Like he was afraid some other male might want to take advantage of the younger women. “You play dice?”

Yoona looked at the other two girls, “Sica! Soo! Dice?”

Sooyoung waved ‘no’ because she was busy talking to another male but Jessica got up and went to join Yoona and the two guys in playing dice. After a few rounds, the males were ready to quit playing. They didn’t expect the girls to be so good at playing dice causing the males to take one too many drinks.

The men were happy to see Sooyoung come up and ask them if they wanted to take a break and go to the dance floor. The girls were finally feeling the effects of the alcohol so they followed one of the males up to the dance floor.

It wasn’t long before all three girls found a male dance partner and were grinding to the beat. It was hot and sweaty but that never mattered. With the music blasting and the contact with the male made the girls get lost in their own worlds. Jessica however got a male who didn’t know how to dance exactly so she left the dance stage faster than her other two friends to go back to the bar and maybe drink some more.

She saw the males were still in the same place so she sat next to them again but her eyes were glued to the girl that was now with the guys. Was she a friend of theirs? I guess that didn’t matter but Jessica knew for sure that the girl was very pretty. Jessica quickly found an empty glass and filled it again with beer. Suddenly she felt someone touch her arm so she looked and saw the beautiful girl motioning to take a drink with her. Jessica flashed a stunning smile before emptying her glass with the other girl.

Curiosity got the best of Jessica and she went to ask the girl’s name, “What is your name?” Jessica said as she leaned closer to the girl’s ear.

The two remained in close proximity while the other girl answered, “Taeyeon, yours?”

“Jessica.”

Jessica leaned back to see the girl holding up dice motioning for them to play some together. Being confident in her dice skills, Jessica happily picked up her set of dice to play. The guys were clapping in amazement after Jessica won again causing the other girl to have to drink another. By this time, Jessica was looking at the girl apologetically because she couldn’t help that she was very good at this game.

“Did you girls want to go to the dance floor?”

Jessica and Taeyeon looked at each other with a smile before following the guys up to the dance floor to join Yoona and Sooyoung. However, disappointment filled Jessica’s face when she saw Taeyeon dancing with the guys while she got swept away to dance with another male. She tried to forget her thoughts about Taeyeon on the dance floor by focusing on her own dancing but she couldn’t help but take glances at the girl here and there.

Yoona and Sooyoung finally were tired and decided to take Jessica with them off the dance floor. Jessica was in deed tipsy because she didn’t notice that the other girl had already returned to the bar with the other guys. It was like time didn’t make sense anymore but she knew it was the alcohol that made time go faster than normal.

There weren’t enough seats at the bar so Jessica sat on Sooyoung’s lap while the girls and guys conversed. Jessica was entranced by Taeyeon as she watched Sooyoung and Taeyeon play rock-paper-scissors with the loser drinking. Taeyeon clearly had too much to drink so one of the guys vouched to drink for her while Sooyoung was a very good drinker so she just drank when she lost but now and then Jessica would drink for her.

The alcohol at this point was getting Jessica to the point of being very drunk. She was becoming very comfortable with Sooyoung and was venturing to be very close to Taeyeon. Touching and feeling playfully like friends was easy with the alcohol in effect. Jessica loved it. She was able to touch the Taeyeon’s hands, thighs, and feel her soft skin. She felt like the girl might have feelings for her when she felt the girl playing with her fingers as she played with hers. The small touches were making Jessica giddy.

Finally Yoona approached the girl asking her was her job was, “Oh you can find me here most days because I work here.”

“You work here?”

“Yes. It is my job to go around and make people feel comfortable and happy at the club; a form of customer service in a way.”
Upon hearing this Jessica’s heart dropped. The drinking, friendliness, and touches must have been for her job. There was no way the girl had feelings for her. She was just doing her job. After this realization, Jessica sobered up fast and retreated to be with Yoona. With crashing disappointment, the girls decided to leave the club and bid the guys and the girl goodbye.

Outside the club the girls trudged their way to a cab. The three girls were sitting in the cab, “Ah it was nice to get out!” Yoona exclaimed.

“We should have stopped for food before going back. All that dancing made me hungry...”

Jessica squeezed Sooyoung’s cheeks, “Oh we can’t have your precious tummy empty. We can stop at a food stall when we get back.”

“Sica did you get any numbers?” Jessica’s heart dropped once again hearing that she couldn’t get the number of a certain girl.

“They asked but I didn’t want...”

“Oh you were sober enough to refuse this time?”

“Ya! I don’t just get them when I am drunk…they have to be cute too.” Jessica mumbled.

“Oh you are still a player that breaks hearts.” Yoona and Sooyoung were laughing at Jessica because of her drunk tendencies.

Jessica looked out the window and thought to herself, ‘maybe I just haven’t found the right one…’

-----------------------------

A week passed and Jessica’s thoughts darted back to the certain girl at the club. Would it sound desperate if she asked to go back to the same club 2 weekends in a row? Yoona probably would go with her. After thinking carefully, Jessica decided to not go to the club that weekend. She knew she had to forget about that girl because there was no way something could happen between the two.

 

Another week passed with the weekend approaching. Jessica wanted to use the weekend to study but Yoona had some other plans, “Sica! Come on!!! I need to go!”

“Ask Soo. She will go with you. I have to study this weekend.”

“You can study during the day and party at night! Bam problem solved!”

Jessica chuckled at her friend who was beaming a bright smile, “Your logic does make some sense but half of tomorrow would be wasted because I want to sleep in.”

Yoona finally slammed Jessica’s book shut, “I am going to drag you there! Will you come quietly or do I have to gag you?”

Jessica sighed because she knew Yoona would bug her all day to go but if she agrees now, she could cram some stuff in before going. “Fine but I want to go to the same club as last time.”

“Oh? But I thought you didn’t like that club??”

“Umm I want to give it a second chance? I mean it wasn’t all that bad.”

Yoona gave Jessica’s book back, “Okay meet downstairs in the dorms at 11. I will bring the dancing queen too!”

Jessica face palmed herself when she saw Yoona leave. Now she knows they won’t be coming back till very late if Hyoyeon (aka the dancing queen) was joining them tonight.

 

It wasn’t long before night befell on the girls and they were taking a taxi to the club they went to two weeks ago. With the addition of Hyoyeon, the car ride was much livelier making Jessica completely forget her studies. Maybe going to the club wasn’t such a bad idea Jessica thought.

Again the music was blasting with the lights flashing but this time they planned ahead and got a booth reserved. Having a booth was a bit more expensive but the girls had no intentions of leaving early tonight so it was better to reserve a comfortable place for their drinking.

It wasn’t long before Hyoyeon ordered several round of shots and the girls were already feeling the alcohol. Naturally all the girls went to the dance floor but Jessica chose to stay behind and watch them dance the first time round.

“Mind if I join you? You look lonely...” Jessica recognized that voice so she quickly turned to see the girl that made her heart skip a beat standing before her again. “Why aren’t up dancing with your friends?”

Jessica’s eyes never left the girl as she took a seat comfortably next to Jessica, “I ah didn’t feel like dancing right now...”

“What do you want to do then? Games? Oh wait...that is dangerous. You were good last time.”

Jessica chuckled at the goofy yet y girl, “How about we play truth or chicken? If you call chicken you drink.”

Taeyeon filled an empty glass before looking Jessica’s eyes, “Okay! I won’t lose this one!”

Jessica smiled, “Alright. If you are that confident then I will go first!”

Taeyeon smiled, “Oh you look determined to make me drink. Please go easy on me,” Taeyeon begged playfully.

“Alright. Do you have a boyfriend?”

“Oh you are starting off easy. No boyfriend. I am single.” Jessica just nodded in approval, “Alright! My turn. Umm age?”

“21. Your age?”

“Hehe 22. Why are you in university?”

“Wait! It is my turn for a question!”

“No no you asked my age,” Taeyeon gave out a loud victorious laugh.

“Fine...I study microeconomics.”

“Oh sounds fascinating.”

“Alright umm is this your only job? I mean working here at the club?”

“Sadly this doesn’t pay all the bills. I have a job in the day time too.”

“Oh what is that?”

“Sorry Miss but it is still my turn.” Taeyeon scratched her head, “How about we make these questions more daring since neither of us took a drink yet.”

“Give me your best!”

Taeyeon gave a cheeky smile, “Are you interested in anybody that is currently at this club?”

“Wouldn’t you be more interested in knowing if I am single or not?”

“Nope. Doesn’t matter. I am just asking if anyone catches your fancy here. That is very innocent.” Taeyeon then leaned in to whisper in Jessica’s ears, “It is the action that makes the difference between innocence and transgression.”

Jessica was blushing madly from the close contact that she just shared with the girl. Without thinking Jessica just downed her drink.

“Ah you are caught! Drinking just gave it away! So someone here does suit your taste. I bet I can find him.” Taeyeon started scanning the club thinking who might interest Jessica.

“You should have asked if it was a boy I was interested in or a girl.”

Taeyeon turned back to Jessica’s eyes, “Ah...my mistake.” The two girls sat sipping their drinks in silence before the other girls finally returned to the table.

Yoona recognized the girl, “You again! Umm what was your name again?”

Taeyeon smiled at the girls she recognized, “Taeyeon. It is good seeing you girls again too.”

“I am sorry we left you alone with Sica. She didn’t make you drink a lot like before?”

“Oh no! We didn’t play games yet. Just a friendly talk.” Taeyeon then turned to find the dice and filled some glasses for drinking, “But games sound like more fun!”

Jessica felt uncomfortable around Taeyeon suddenly so she got up and dragged Hyoyeon with her to the dance floor, “Ya! Sica drinks!!”

Jessica whispered in Hyoyeon’s ear, “later. I need a dancing partner now.”
Hyoyeon got the hint in Jessica’s voice that she wanted to leave the table for now so the two made their way up to the dance stage and started dancing with each other. The other girls shrugged it off knowing Jessica’s bipolar personality but one other girl couldn’t help feel worried...no concerned...or maybe jealous? Well whatever the feeling, she didn’t like that Jessica left.

After an exhausting session of dancing, Jessica and Hyoyeon came back to a booth full of very drunk girls. However panic struck Jessica when she saw one girl missing. Her eyes darted around the club to find the girl with another group of patrons. Of course it was that girl’s job to make others happy not just her group. With a defeated sigh, Jessica sat down next to Yoona and Sooyoung to quickly down the drink in front of her.

Jessica was drunk. Yes the girl was clearly drunk but her friends couldn’t care less because they were also pretty wasted. Silly things didn’t matter like that in this establishment because forgetting your inhibitions is part of the fun. Jessica in her drunken state spent time between the dance floor and the booth. Right now she was at the booth with Sooyoung taking about random things before they were interrupted by another familiar female, “How about one more round of games before this place shuts down?”

“Taeyeon unnie!!!!” Jessica yelled out in excitement.

Taeyeon was taken aback by the now boisterous girl but what did she care? She was also wasted so she shared in the excitement, “Get ready to finally lose Jessica!”

“Not on my life Taeyeon!”

Sooyoung watched in amusement at the two girls taking the dice game very serious. However, the game was getting more intimate with the familiar touches with every burst of laughter. Jessica couldn’t control herself. She had this need to always make contact with Taeyeon and Taeyeon did nothing to stop her.

Suddenly the music stopped and the lights were slowly turning on, “Oh...we shut the place down!”

The girls slowly got up from the booth and were ready to make their way out but Jessica was stopped, “Taeyeon...?”

“Are you willing to fall into your transgressions?”

“Huh?”

“Can you wait for me? 5 minutes?”

Jessica finally got the meaning behind the girl’s words but was she hallucinating? I mean she was clearly drunk and she knew that but she usually doesn’t imagine things like this. “Sica are you coming?? We are going to McDonalds first. Sooyoung is too hungry to get into a cab as she claims.”

Jessica looked at her friends before looking back at Taeyeon, “5 minutes in the front.”

 

“Sica are you sure? I don’t feel comfortable with sending you off with a stranger.” Yoona was acting like a protective mother.

“It will be fine. You know where she works if something were to happen to me.”

Yoona wasn’t really convinced about letting Jessica go off with Taeyeon but she didn’t have time to retaliate with the girl came and took Jessica away.

 

Taeyeon and Jessica were walking next to the river enjoying the cool night breeze. “Taeyeon...”

“Humm?”

“This isn’t part of your job is it?”

Taeyeon stopped and looked at Jessica, “Part of my job?”

“I mean your job is to make people happy right? I am pretty happy...”

Taeyeon chuckled, “you said that you were interested in someone at the club. I wanted to take you out to see if I could guess it correctly.”

“Oh you think you know who it is?”

“I am pretty confidant.”

“Alright. I will give you one chance to guess it right.”

“I would rather do this in a charades format.”

Jessica was confused, “How are you going to act it ou...” with that Taeyeon quickly closed the distance with a lingering and rough kiss.

Jessica was about to close her eyes and melt into her hidden desires but Taeyeon backed away, “I am not that great at charades but do you think I got it right?”

Jessica leaned in and put her arms around Taeyeon’s neck while Taeyeon responded with her arms securely around Jessica’s waist, “I hope you don’t do this with all your patrons...”

“I am off the clock. The time now is to make me happy.” Jessica smiled at Taeyeon’s words and wasted no time in leaning into kiss those lips that called for her. Both were smiling into the kiss because nothing could capture the happiness that consumed their hearts other than having each other for their own.

 

~END~