2.

A Game Called S.O.U.L

Byeoul's pov

The limo had parked somewhere in front of a large building and Byeoul's eyes nearly bulged out of her sockets when she saw the size and height of it. It was like a realistic Minecraft building for Heaven's sake!!

It was like something out of a freaking virtual fairy tale! The building was huge and it was like a giant night light that lit up (what now can be seen), was a giant underground cavern decorated with blue gems. Byeoul took some time to admire the scenery around her but her awe was interrupted when she felt the old geezer push her. She stumbled and hissed at the man as she trudged towards the building's entrance. The doors opened automatically and she looked around the bright white hallway. It was pearly white hallway like futuristic place or something, fluorescent white lights were lighting up the already blank place. The furniture was not as bland though, chairs, couches, and tables were a deep shade of blue. Byeoul had to admit, the place had deadly good style for furniture and building's architecture wasn't bad either but she knew this was a horrible time to act like a child in a candy store. She looked at the old geezer and spoke in a soft tone.

"Where..are we?"

"S.O.U.L's underground headquarters. Now follow me if you wish to see your weird friend, Toots."

Like Byeoul was snapped back into her senses, she trailed quickly behind the old geezer and followed him. Both stopped when they appeared before a circular door. Byeoul gasped when she saw it open and lead to a cozy-looking elevator. On the sides were comfy seats with couch pillows and other nice things a normal person would want at their house if they wanted to be the envy of the neighborhood. Byeoul plompted down onto the right side and enjoyed the soft cushions.

"I see you're liking our furniture taste Toots."

"Stop calling me that Old man."

"Hmft, well don't feel attached to it for long beause Hell is waiting for you in a few seconds."

Byeoul arched a brow and opened to speak to the snickering man but she stopped when the doors opened. Her eyes were as wide as saucers again plus was agape. The new place was a complete opposite to what she saw before! Now she was in some weird gray room with matching doors on the sides and don't forget the heavy atmosphere. There was a table with some chairs at its sides, it was like some creepy interrogation room for the psychotic criminals.

Byeoul heard a creak and she saw Zico walking in with a bigger man holding his arms behind his back.

" I swear Block B will come back and we will beat the out of all of you-"

"ZICO!"

Zico's eyes landed on Byeoul and he immediately grinned ear-to-ear.

"How ya been Tuna?"

Byeoul didn't notice that the rope was still tied around her wrists and took the chance to run to Zico and the bigger man had let go of the said man's arms. Zico immediately hugged Byeoul and she shook in his arms as she weakly looked up to meet his face.

"Thank the Heavens you're in one piece. I thought you died or something!"

"Pmft, Tuna please. It takes a lot more than a stupid old chip in my neck to kill me."

"A WHAT NOW?!"

"You heard your friend right Toots."

Byeoul shifted her head while still in Zico's protective arms to the old geezer and glared at him. Zico had ripped the rope right off her wrists and she immediately broke out of Zico's hug and balled her fists as she gritted her teeth towards the snickering man.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ZICO BASTARD?!"

"Woah there Toots, we just planted a chip in the back of his neck that will release an electric shock that could potentially fry up his nerves is all~ Nothing too dangerous."

Byeoul's eyes lit up dangerously as she stomped towards the man and landed a direct slap across his flabby face. The man was surprised at her strength and held his stinging red cheeek while snickering again. Meanwhile the man who previously held Zico's arms took out a gun and pointed it at Byeoul. Byeoul paled at the sight of the metal weapon and Zico body slammed his body onto the man's arms, dropping the weapon entirely and pushing the bigger man against the metal wall. The man fell and rolled around on the cold concrete floor while Zico continuously jumped around and made faces at him.

"HA! HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DISARMED BY AN ELECTRO-CHIPPED LITTLE DUDE FATASS!"

Byeoul would have laughed but her anger was overpowering almost every emotion currently storming inside her.

"How dare you do that to him! If I had known that you were planning this from the very beginning I would have thrown your ugly face right out the window and show you no mercy at all Old man!"

BANG

Everyone in the room froze when they heard a gunshot went off right beside the room and the old geezer quickly directed his attention towards something and bowed his head. Byeoul shakily looked over at the direction the old geezer was looking at and her face lost all of its color when she saw a masked man cocking his revolver in his hand.

"Ted, you were barely here for 15 minutes and this is the ruckus you cause?"

"Ha! Sorry Boss, but these kids these days are crazy."

"Shut up, get her onto one of the chairs and tie HIM up and put him next to her."

The old geezer did as he was told and expertly grabbed Byeoul and pushed her onto one of the chairs while two men dressed in black clothing came in, one carried the man that Zico had body slammed on out and the other tied Zico up then placed him on the chair next to Byeoul's. Byeoul's head was down while Zico scoffed and laid back comfortably on his chair. A third man had appeared with a piece of paper and the masked man gestured him to begin to read.

"Kim Byeoul, age 18. Currently a senior at her high school and passed at the top of her class. Hobbies include playing PC and console games, sports, and watching anime. Dislikes are insects, arachnids, and burnt food."

Byeoul arched a brow at what the mysterious third man said and felt shivers went down her spine when he read out a summary of her info., even Zico found it unusual and uncomfortable.

"Why the hell are you guys stalking Tuna? She's just your average girl with different interests-"

"We are getting to that Jiho, now shut up and listen."

Zico fell silent and the man who was reading the continued to read their profiles.

"Woo Jiho, age 19. Leader of an infamous gang, name unknown. Hobbies include gaming, sports specifically soccer, and rapping. Dislikes vegetables, rules, and orders."

"Yep that's me-"

"Would you shut up!"

Byeoul flicked the side of Zico's head and he winced at the impact. The old geezer laughed and even the third man let out a chuckle while the masked man...well there's a mask on his face so how the heck is a person supposed to know what is he feeling.

"Byeoul, would you consider yourself as a courageous and daring person?"

"And why?"

"Just answer the question."

"And I won't answer if you are going to beat around the bush. Now tell me what I have to know."

"Hmft, getting a little ahead of yourself since you are in such a situation. Fine then, have you two ever heard of a game called S.O.U.L?"

Both raised a brow and Byeoul shook her head.

"Exactly, this game is no longer known nor popular. It is no longer sold in any old stores too. But we, S.O.U.L headquarters, are here to recreate it but in our OWN way."

Byeoul took in his words and bit down on her lower lip.

"What does any of that have to do with me and Zico being chipped?"

"Every year we choose a player, who we deem are eligible, to part take in S.O.U.L. With our technology, we re-animate your real body into a virtual body in the game, making you become a part of that world to fight as if you only have one life there."

"Fight?"

"Well I did say survival game didn't I? Once you set foot in this game, there will be nothing but dead trees that make up an entire forest infested with werewolves that will automatically attack you until you die. And if you die in this game, you are forever trapped in S.O.U.L, turning into a 'Fallen', until there is a new player to possibly complete the game and free every 'Fallen'."

"Wait if you keep on doing this, people are going to be suspicious about our whereabouts won't they? Authories will know something is up!"

"Please, this just seems like any old kidnapping case. There are dozens of this BS all the time, people won't know a thing about S.O.U.L headquarters."

Byeoul hissed under her breath again and looked down.

"And what makes you think that I will participate in your madness?"

"You're pretty dumb for being at the top of your class. Why do you think your weird friend there is chipped?"

Byeoul's eyes widened and she abruptly stood up, knocking the chair behind her down as she glared daggers at the masked man.

"DON'T YOU DARE HURT ZICO YOU BASTARD-!!"

The masked man pointed a gun at Byeoul and she immediately froze on the spot while he scoffed. Zico's anger was written all over his face as he struggled to free himself from the ropes.

"So I think you are getting the picture: if you beat the game, you and ever 'Fallen' will be free from S.O.U.L and your weird friend will be safe."

Byeoul's frace scrunched together and Zico quickly shook his head back and forth. The masked man had reached his arm out to her waiting for her to shake his hand. Byeoul stared blankly at his hand while Zico continued to struggle.

"NO BYEOUL DON'T BE STUPID! LET ME DO IT IN HER PLACE! FRICKIN BYEOUL DON'T YOU DARE ACCEPT THIS-"

Byeoul nodded and took the man's hand, shaking it firmly. Byeoul didn't know how but she could felt the man grin behind his eerie mask. She ignored Zico's cries and looked down.

"Sorry balloon-face, I guess I won't be buying you ice cream for a while..."

It was not long until Byeoul felt a sudden pain in the back of her head and she felt the cold sensation of concrete on her face.

"BYEOUL!!"


A/N

Woot woot double update^^ I was worried that the concept of Trapped in S.O.U.L was going to be hard to understand so I broke it down into 2 chapters. I can guarantee you drama and action will be the things you will see from chapter 3 and on :) But hey, I want to hear your thoughts too. Will Byeoul see what the creepy masked-man said she will see once she becomes the Player in S.O.U.L? What will happen to Zico and what is he going to do about the fact that his friend may potentially be trapped in some Hell for eternity? Comment or PM your thoughts and don't be afraid to ask me questions about things you do not get so far^^ Thank you :)

- ♦exopearlz♦