Final

Date-Master

Jiyong is the date-master of the group.  It is an undisputed fact that despite how how quiet he is in real life, he knows exactly what to do when it comes to girls and how to treat them right.  Whenever his friends have any sort of issue in their relationships, he is the one they automatically go to, among other things; Jiyong is pretty good at schoolwork too, and his fashion sense is also much better than theirs.  They approach him to ask for advice in their relationships, or to ask how to apologize to their beloved, or to ask how to breakup, or even to ask how to woo a certain girl.  The funny thing is that Jiyong is the only one who’s never gone out with a girl before, though that’s virtually unknown and he plans to keep it that way.  He’d rather be known as the omniscient god of dating rather than that awkwardly shy kid who blushes at the prospect of holding hands, which is what Taeyang was joked as being.  Now, though, even the latter is in a steady relationship, though everyone else in their group used to , and still occasionally does, for how clueless he was with anyone from the opposite gender.  Daesung and Seunghyun are the same as him, both honestly in love with their partners and planning to keep it that way.  The last two reasons as to why he is called upon are honestly reserved almost solely for Seungri.  Seungri happens to be someone who cannot keep a girlfriend for long and he happens to be someone who enjoys flirting, dating, and eventually breaking the heart of every hot girl he sees.  Seungri also happens to be the one that Jiyong loves.

 

“Hey!  G-Dragon!” Jiyong perks up at the sound of his nickname being called.  His friends had decided that for him to truly embrace the title of date-master, he must have a codename to be called by, hence G-Dragon.  Seungri is jogging towards him, a bright light twinkling in his eyes.  Jiyong stays silent as the other nears him, merely tilting his head questioningly as he waits for the other to speak.  He isn’t kept waiting for long as Seungri’s mouth opens and exclaims, “Have you seen that new girl?  The one in English?  Kwon-Kwon Yuna?  Kwon Uni?”

 

“You mean Kwon Yuri?” Jiyong interrupts calmly, raising an eyebrow.  The other lights up, nodding his head vigorously.

 

“Yeah, her!  Man, she’s hot!  You wouldn’t happen to know how I can hook up with her, would you?” Seungri grins wickedly, telling the other the exact opposite.  Jiyong’s heart twists painfully, but he carefully keeps his expression as detached as it was before.  As detached as it always is.

 

“I thought you were just dating Kang Ji-young?” he questions emotionlessly.  Rolling his eyes, Seungri makes a waving motion with his hand.

 

“Broke up with her- she started to throw around accusations that I was cheating on her, even though I wasn’t!” The teen smirks suddenly.  “Good riddance though- she was starting to get boring.”  Fighting the urge to exhale deeply, Jiyong shakes his head in a disapproving manner.

 

“There’s a reason why she would suspect that- your reputation as a player precedes you, Seungri.  You should just stick with one girl like the others.  Would do you good if you were just to settle down,” he muses, making the other pout.

 

“I didn’t come here to be lectured,” Seungri whines.  “Are you going to help me get with Kwon Yuri or not?  If you aren’t, I’ll just go do it on my own then.”  

 

“Fine, I’ll help you.  Watching you try to win a girl by yourself would be too pitiful.”  Seungri’s big smile is blinding.

 

“Thank you, date-master G-Dragon!” he shouts as he bows deeply.  Jiyong ignores the ache in his chest and nods nonchalantly.

 


 

Jiyong isn’t exactly sure when the others started calling him date-master and asking him for help in anything dating-related.  He thinks it all began when Daesung had cried his heart out to Jiyong when he and his girlfriend had just gone through a big fight.  Jiyong had patiently listened as the other bawled and ranted and cursed his stupidity, piecing together his own picture of the scene.  He had always been a very observant and sensitive boy, and he particularly loved a good puzzle.  

 

When Daesung had finished, Jiyong had simply given him his advice and suggestions based on what he had gathered from what Daesung said as well as what he had noticed of the girl at school.  Following his instructions, the young couple not only managed to get past their rift, but they also became much closer and more understanding of each other, their relationship made stronger and brighter.  Daesung, awed at how effective Jiyong’s words were, couldn’t stop talking about it, and suddenly, the latter had become revered in their little group of friends.  When Seungri had joked about him being a date-master, the name had stuck, and so here he is, date-master G-Dragon.  An elaborate name really; he’d prefer to be called Jiyong.  Nice and short.

 

Chopin’s Fantasie Impromptu begins playing and Jiyong absentmindedly reaches into his pocket and pulls out his ringing phone.  Glancing at the caller, a large smile instantly lightens up his face as he picks up.  

 

“Hello, Noona,” he greets softly.  

 

Jiyong, did school just end?  I’m not interrupting you if you’re studying, right?”  His sister sounds a bit panicked at the thought and Jiyong only chuckles at her worry.  

 

“I wouldn’t be answering the phone if I were in class, Noona,” he replies, bemused.  

 

Oh, right!  Ah,  I should stop opening my mouth before I think.

 

“It’s okay.  So, what are you calling for, Noona?”

 

Just wanted to let you know that Dongwook’s going to be coming over for dinner.  That’s fine with you, right?

 

“Of course.  You know, Noona, Dongwook visits so often he might as well just live with us,” Jiyong teases, unable to help himself.  

 

J-Jiyong!  Don’t say such a thing!  It’s his choice…” She trails off and Jiyong stifles a laugh, knowing how much she wants him to do just that.  Jiyong also knows that Dongwook is planning to propose to her soon; he had asked the teen for his permission a week back, which he had easily given.  Dongwook has been such a big help to the siblings that he can’t imagine denying him.  “Anyways, you’re going to go work now, right?  You’ll be done by 7 today?

 

“Yes, to both the questions.”

 

I’ll be home early today to prepare dinner and Dongwook will come around 8, okay?

 

“Okay.”

 

Good.”  Jiyong can imagine the affectionate smile creeping along his sister’s face and her eyes softening.  “I love you, Jiyong.  Be good.

 

“Love you too, Noona.  Bye.”  He hangs up, mood much happier.

 

Kwon Dami is 26, and has been taking care of Jiyong throughout the multiple foster homes they’ve gone through ever since their parents died when he was a baby.  When she had become old enough, Dami had become his legal guardian, working in order to support both of them, and Jiyong had gotten his own job as soon as he had entered middle school to help with the finances.  She had met Dongwook by chance in a coffee shop, when she had accidentally taken Dongwook’s coffee instead of hers (Jiyong isn’t exactly sure how that happened, but then again it was his sister) and the man had stopped her outside of the shop with her order, kindly explaining the situation.  Afterwards, they had become friends, and eventually lovers, all in a very cliche manner.  

 

Dami is the one who had taught Jiyong to be who he is now, and she had, from an early age, told him that girls did not have cooties and were as good friends as boys.  Therefore, Jiyong understood females more than other males because he had interacted with them regularly ever since he started going to school, though his analytical personality also contributed greatly.

 

Jiyong checks the time on his phone and realizes that he needs to get moving, or else he’d be late for work.  Out of the corner of his eye, he spots Seungri walking arm-in-arm with Kwon Yuri.  He genuinely likes her, based on what he had told Jiyong.  The latter can see why.  Beautiful and kind, Kwon Yuri is smart and funny, her personality a bit on the strange side- just the type Seungri likes.  Jiyong tries to hope that Seungri will actually stay with her once and for all.  He fails miserably.

 


 

Sometimes, Jiyong hates his status as date-master.  He knows everyone Seungri has dated and continues to help him hook up with even more people, because they are good friends and he doesn’t want to lose that.  Still, the truth hurts.  Seungri is a player.  Jiyong hates it.

 

The group of friends are lounging around on the rooftop.  Seungri is busy boasting about how he broke up with his past girlfriends, and the others are laughing because the way he ends the relationship is just so dramatic and so un-Seungri like.  The guy’s ridiculous acting is also part of the reason.  When at last he finishes, he settles down proudly and Youngbae calms down instantly.

 

“Are you in a real relationship with Kwon Yuri?” he asks.  “It’s been a few weeks, and you guys are still together.”  Seungri smiles faintly, and Jiyong’s aching heart jumps a bit despite how inexplicably hurt he feels at the fact that the former is actually getting serious about a relationship.  Jiyong should be happy for the other, really, but he can’t, instead thinking the opposite.  It disgusts him.

 

“Maybe.” Youngbae nods approvingly.  It’s as if a stake is being driven into Jiyong’s heart.

 

“That’s good.  You had to settle down some time or another- sticking with one girl would do you some good.  You seem happier.” Another painful stab.

 

“Sorta like when you finally confessed to Dara, eh?” Seungri teases, making the other roll his eyes.

 

“When will you stop bringing that up?  It’s been months.  

 

“Still funny to think how long it took you to finally man-up though.  When did you start liking her?  Middle school?” Frowning, Youngbae grumbles unintelligible words and turns away from Seungri grumpily, making the latter laugh boisterously.  “Sorry, sorry- sore spot, eh?” He doesn’t sound apologetic at all though and the other continues to ignore him.  

 

“So, are you going to stop bothering me then?” Jiyong murmurs as Seungri’s attention shifts to him.  The former needs confirmation before he goes homes, curls up onto the bed, and bawls his eyes out.

 

“Yeah, most likely.  I’ll stop bothering you unless Yuri and I break up.”  Jiyong notices how Seungri says the word, “unless”, not the “until” he usually uses.  It’s the last finishing blow to his heart.

 


 

Jiyong has learned a lot from his position as date-master, and yet nothing at all.  To be honest, watching his friends go through so many problems in their relationships and get all emotional at each one is rather frightening for him; he doesn’t want to go through all the trouble himself, especially because if he does, he isn’t sure if anyone would give him advice and help guide him along the way.  Jiyong is calm and rational, not easily affected, but he’s afraid that if he allows his emotions to cloud his mind, he won’t be able to think clearly and will end up heartbroken.  

 

Despite this, he can’t help but feel envious of the love his friends receive from their respective girlfriends.  Even though they cry and rage at times, they seem so happy, as if their beloved fulfills their life in a way nothing else can.  Even when they curse and scream, they don’t ever have any regret, and Jiyong can hear the underlying affection and despair blending together into a beautiful, soulful melody so raw and pure and humane that it’s stunning.  

 

Love seems like a totally different realm from the one he’s in.  He’s able to help his friends because he merely looks the problem from an emotionless standpoint.  To actually immerse himself in a new world is an intimidating concept; order and logic is what Jiyong thrives on.  Order and logic is exactly what dating isn’t.

 

Dongwook proposed last night, in a very haphazard manner, so Jiyong isn’t sure what all the waiting and meticulous planning and preparing was for then.  The man had come over for dinner yet again.  Offering to help set up the table, Dongwook had left the little black box sitting on Dami’s chair.  When Jiyong’s sister had finished cooking, she hadn’t taken a second look and had taken her seat, before jumping up in shock.  The ring had been seconds away from being squashed.  Dongwook then smoothly asked for her hand in marriage as Jiyong cracked up, doubling over in nonstop laughter.  It was hilarious and barely romantic, but the teen had awkwardly left when the couple had begun kissing, the mood suddenly emotional and sweet and foreign to Jiyong, who was again a third wheel.

 

It only reminded him of how he always felt uncomfortable watching his friends go through love.  It also reminded him of how he wished he would experience the same one day, despite his fears.

 

Jiyong’s coworker nudges him, bringing him abruptly out of his mulling.  “Love problems?” Chaerin asks, grinning cattishly.  Faintly annoyed, the boy frowns.

 

“No,” he lies, scared that he would be teased.  The girl only rolls his eyes and crosses her arms.

 

“Don’t lie to me, Jiyong,” she huffs.  “If you need someone to talk to, I’m right here though.”  Instantly, Jiyong feels guilty as Chaerin has never been anything but a good, thoughtful friend.

 

“I’m sorry.”  His voice is so soft, he isn’t sure if she can hear him, but she listens intently as he talks.  “I’m just confused, since I love someone and I’m not sure what to do because he doesn’t love me back,” he confesses quietly.  Tensing slightly, Jiyong braces himself for what she might say to him being gay or clueless and inexperienced.  

 

“How are you so sure he doesn’t love you?” Chaerin asks simply.  Before Jiyong can reply, she dusts herself off and gives a mysterious smile before stalking off.  He can only stare at her retreating back.

 


 

Jiyong’s position as date-master can be useful.  He always know what’s going on before everyone else.  After school ends, Jiyong is preparing to go home when Seungri strolls towards him leisurely.  The former is confused; the two don’t actually interact much outside of talking about relationships during breaks, Seungri being a social butterfly while Jiyong is not much of a conversationalist.  

 

“Hey, G-Dragon,” Seungri greets nonchalantly.

 

“Hi,” Jiyong says back uncertainly.  

 

“Yuri and I broke up.” Jiyong takes back his earlier words; the other had only come up to him to ask how to woo a new girl.  It hurts.  Seungri still looks as relaxed as ever and the other furrows his eyebrows at Seungri’s disregard.  “So I was thinking…You have a sister, right?” Jiyong snaps his heads towards the other boy, eyes widening dramatically, not believing what he is hearing.

 

“W-what?!” he squeaks finally, ignoring the embarrassing crack in his voice and Seungri’s follow smirk.  “Y-you can’t be seriously considering asking Dami out?  She’s my sister for god’s sake!  And she’s taken!” He desperately prays that this is all a joke, but it’s all shattered when Seungri merely shrugs as if he doesn’t care.

 

“Pity.”  Seungri slowly shakes his head, as if he’s actually disappointed by the information.  “There’s no more hot girls at school anymore,” he laments.

 

“Well, you dated them all!” Jiyong almost shouts, outraged.

 

Suddenly, Seungri smirks and steps towards the other predatorily.  He cups Jiyong’s face, his smooth cheek as Jiyong freezes up.  “I guess I’ll have to go for the next best thing then,” he drawls lazily, dark eyes scanning the other in a lingering manner, as if he’s truly drinking up the sight of the thin male.

 

Jiyong slaps the other away, jumping back like a terrified animal.  “What the hell are you doing?” Seungri’s expression darkens instantly as he stalks towards Jiyong.

 

“Do you seriously not know?” he hisses angrily and Jiyong finds himself unable to move as the other roughly grabs his shirt, held in place by Seungri’s smoldering gaze.  “You really don’t get it?”

 

“Let go of me,” Jiyong whispers feebly, trembling, though he makes no move to push the other away.

 

Tightening his grip on the smaller, Seungri lets out a series of barking laughter.  “Are you really this ing oblivious, Jiyong?”

 

“What do you mean?” A quick glance at the teen’s innocent, confused expression tells Seungri everything he needs.

 

“This.”  Seungri leans forward and captures Jiyong’s lips aggressively.  The latter struggles for a bit until he literally melts into Seungri, clenching his eyes and making adorable little moans.  When the other pulls away, he eyes Jiyong sweetly, the previous fury dissipated.  “I love you- I always have.”

 

“Then w-why did you date other girls?”

 

“I wasn’t sure if you felt the same, so I tried to hint at it my own way.  Notice the trend, Jiyong?  Kwon Yuri?  Kang Ji-young? Kwon Jin-ah?”  The other’s mouth falls open a bit as he finally realizes.

 

“I-I didn’t know,” he stammers out and Seungri rolls his eyes.

 

“Obviously not.  By the way, was that your first kiss, date-master G-Dragon?”  Seungri gets his reply in Jiyong’s deep flush and he whistles.  “Wow, that’s unexpected- our very own date-master is even more inexperienced than Youngbae ever was.  Wait ‘til I tell the others,” Seungri says, grinning wickedly.  Jiyong is just about to protest when the other steals another mind-blowing kiss, and he goes blank, his usually overactive mind turning into useless putty.  Smirking at Jiyong’s dazed state, Seungri whispers, “I wouldn’t have it any other way, though, my clueless dragon.”  Overwhelmed by emotion, Jiyong doesn’t reply and the other embraces him.  “You’re mine, forever.  I love you, Jiyong.”  

 

“I love you too,” Jiyong mumbles into the other’s shirt shyly and Seungri only chuckles lowly.

 

“I know.”  

 


The ending is especially awkward since I didn't know how to finish it.  Thanks for reading!