★JunShin

|| Shooting Star || One-Shot Request Shop || CLOSED

Cold Heart

Pairing: Jung Daehyun and Kim JunShin

Side Characters/Pairings: B.A.P

Genre: Fluff, Highschool Romance

Plot: JunShin is the coldest, quietest and the smartest student in school. People sees her as a 'ghost' which is similar to her name, but DaeHyun sees it in another angle. DaeHyun had tried hitting on her many times, but she won't accept it. Day by day, JunShin starts to have a small crush on him, and she tries to hide it from everyone.


 

`5th July;

Dear Diary,

I don't think my entries are going to get happier anytime soon. I feel so alone. In school, at home, everywhere. My parents are not at home most of the time and when I finally get to see them, they're too busy to even talk to me about how I'm doing in school. School...of course. How should I put this? I tried making friends at the start, but I guess my personality is too cold for anyone to handle. I'm just like a ghost in school. I guess getting good grades all the time cannot help you make good friends right?

Love,

KJS

 

JunShin closed her diary and plopped herself on her bed, staring at the ceiling blankly. She felt like she should not have added it in her diary, but she could not stop thinking about the incident that happened in school that day. It was painful...but still, it wasn't the first time.

 

In School -

Daehyun watched JunShin closely with a loving smile on his face. She closed the locker door and was heading straight for class when he stopped her halfway. He laughed shyly before taking out a bunch of roses. JunShin knew what was in for her but remained calm and spoke.

"What is all this?" Even so, her voice was still soft.

"Kim JunShin, I know you don't really know me well but I really like you. Ever since we did that school assignment together. Will you be my girlfriend?" Daehyun confessed, looking straight into her eyes.

"Daehyun, please. We've talked over this. I cannot accept you to be my boyfriend. W-we're too different. Now, if you will excuse me." JunShin said coldly and continued walking to class, leaving Daehyun dumbfounded, as always. But that was what gave him the strength to continue chasing after her.

 

After school, JunShin took the normal route home when a group of girls blocked her path. She rolled her eyes and tried to walk away but they pushed her to the ground and started kicking her roughly.

"Let's see...this was the..." The leader of the group counted and held up five fingers. "Wow! This was the fifth time you have rejected Daehyun oppa. Who do you think you are, hmm? You're not even in the position to reject him, next time, just stay away from him! Got it? I am more capable of being his girlfriend."

She instructed for the rest of the group to continue kicking JunShin. When she was satisfied, all of them left. JunShin bit her lip to endure the pain and her tears that were starting to fall.

Just when she thought life was going to be over for her, Daehyun appeared and ran up to her.

"Oh my gosh! Who did this?" He exclaimed, eyeing her bruises. She flinched when he touched the wound on her arm.

"Let's get you home." He said and carried her on his back. "Where do you live?"

He followed her directions as she directed him. It was not very clear but they got to her house anyway.

"We're here, Junshin. Just hang on." He said while knocking on the door.

"I-I d-don't think I can..." With that, she passed out.

"Junshin ah!" Daehyun yelled and at that time, the door opened revealing a woman in her early 30s. Her expression immediately changed when she saw Junshin passed out.

"This way." The lady showed Daehyun the way to her daughter's room and asked him to place her on the bed while she went to get the first aid kit.

"Let me do it, Ma'am." Daehyun offered and the lady nodded before passing him the ointment and making her way out of the room.

Gently and carefully, he applied the medicine onto Junshin's wounds that were mostly on her arms and legs. A tear slipped from his eye as he knew that this was probably all his fault. He should have just given up the first time Junshin rejected him but no...he just had to continue asking her out.

"Should I give up now?" Daehyun whispered, his eyes still misty.

Junshin stirred in her sleep and held onto Daehyun's hand that was on her arm. He smiled bitterly.

"Maybe not." He continued.

 

Junshin woke up the next day to her most utter shock. Daehyun was sleeping on the chair next to her bed.

'OMG! What happened? Why is he here?' She thought, the blush creeping onto her cheeks.

It was not long after before he, too, woke up. "Morning!" He greeted before checking the bruises on her arms and legs.

"Everything's all good. Tell you what, let me go home and freshen up real quick. I'll be back here soon!" He said and dashed out of the room, combing his fingers through his hair in the process.

Junshin was now confused. More importantly, her heart was racing. She placed her hand over her heart.

"Oh no, Daehyun. I think I'm falling for you." She said to herself, while trying her best to get up from bed and do her morning routine.

 

As promised, Daehyun went back to visit Junshin who was now sitting up and reading a book. He stood at the door, staring at her dreamily. Junshin felt something watching her and turned, only to see Daehyun.

"Oh my gosh. What are you thinking?! Don't do that ever again!" She screamed cutely.

"Okay, okay, chill. Let me call my friends over. It's currently a Saturday so they should be free." Without Junshin saying anything in response, he dialled the number on his phone.

"Neh? Hi Yongguk hyung!" "Yea...I'll text you the address. Junshin needs more company so I'm inviting you guys over! Kay bye!"

She stared at him in shock but went back to her book soon after. It was not long before Zelo, Yongguk, Himchan, Youngjae and Jongup appeared at the door. When Mrs Kim opened the door to welcome the guests she was surprised.

"Come in boys." She said awkwardly, ushering them into the house.

Daehyun went to welcome his best friends with a group hug.

"Nice catches right there." Mrs Kim whispered to her daughter and winked.

"Seriously mom..." Junshin muttered under her breath.

Later on, they just talked. It started off real awkward at first, but with the help of Daehyun and the outgoing, not to mention- cute Zelo, they managed to grow closer and became more comfortable with their speeches. When it was time for lunch, Mrs Kim cooked delicious pasta and all of them ate together, though Junshin still felt some discomfort from the bruises.

 

`6th July;

Dear Diary,

It must be a miracle of some sort because this entry is not going to be depressing or anything. To start off, Daehyun was really helpful though I would highly appreciate it if he doesn't appear in my room when I wake up in the morning. Talk about creepy. Anyway, he also invited his best friends over. It was AWKWARD but we kinda got over it and now we're good friends. Lastly, something really bothers me and I think it's the fact that I'm falling for Daehyun. Yea...I disliked him at first because I always get into trouble with the queenkas when it came to him, but I guess things changed. For better or worst, I cannot decipher, but let's wish me luck anyway!

Love,

KJS

 

From then on, Junshin did not feel scared hanging out with Daehyun in school anymore. In fact, she felt safer around him ever since he promised to protect her from anything. Day by day, her feelings for him grew stronger too. Daehyun's best friends probably noticed her feelings everytime she would be caught red-handed staring at him from afar...

"She's so crushing on you!!!" Zelo fanboyed while jumping up and down.

Daehyun blushed but shook his head. "Not really. I still feel that she bears a grudge against me."

"Quit talking nonsense and just go ask her out again. You never hesitated to do so in the past, so what's stopping you now?" Jongup questioned, his arms folded across his chest.

"I-I just don't want her to go through any more trouble becuase of me." He sighed.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and placed his hands on Daehyun's shoulders. "Look, like Zelo has clearly stated, she might be having a crush on you too, so just give it a try, kay? One. Last. Time."

"But what if she rejects me again?!"

"I highly doubt so..."

"O...kay then."

 

This time, Daehyun decided to do something different and ask her out at a different place. In the end, he just decided on the school field that was usually not occupied by students after school.

Junshin agreed to meet him, totally unaware of all this. She did find it weird when Daehyun's best friends tried to keep a straight face throughout the entire day, though.

- After school

"Hyun!" Junshin exclaimed, running up to him.

"Oh, great! You're finally here." 

"So...what's up?"

Daehyun did not say anything and hesitated for a while before leaning in and capturing her lips. He was afraid that she would not respond but she did, anyway. Soon, he pulled back slowly and saw the blush on her cheeks.

"Jerk. You stole my first kiss." She complained, refusing to make eye contact with him.

"You know you love me." He replied teasingly.

"But Daehyun...this is wrong...what if-" She was cut off when Daehyun placed a finger on her lips.

"Don't you worry about anything, Junshin. I swear to protect you from any harm. Please give me a chance and...and...go out with me?"

Junshin smiled and hugged him tightly.

"I'm taking that as a yes, Junshin."

"It is."

 

~FIN~



♦Author's Note: Hihi! Your request is done! Sorry for taking soooo! Anyway, hope you like this one-shot! ^^ I kinda did it diary themed so I hope you won't mind. XD

XOXO,

CandyCaneAngel <3

P.S. Sorry if it's not fluffy like you wanted! >__<