★sakurabloom

|| Shooting Star || One-Shot Request Shop || CLOSED

You're The Only One For Me

Pairing: Lee Jonghyun and Im Yoona

Side Characters/Pairings: Kang Minhyuk, Jung Soojung, Jung Yonghwa, Seohyun, Lee Jungshin

Genre: Cute, Slightangst

Plot/Summary: Jonghyun and Yoona were highschool lovers, but they broke up because Jonghyun had to enroll at a university aboard. 8 years later, Jonghyun and Yoona have been successful (Jonghyun as an architect and Yoona as a writer), they meet again because Minhyuk (Jonghyun's cousin) want to introduce his girlfriend's (Soojung's) older sister, Yoona, to Jonghyun. When they meet again, they still feels some sparks between them, but Yoona didn't trust Jonghyun again, because he broke Yoona's heart. So, their friends are helping them to get back together.


 

- 8 Years Ago -

"Oppa!" Yoona called out and ran up to Jonghyun before linking arms with him comfortably. He greeted her happily with a dashing smile that she kept falling for all over again.

Jongyhun ruffled her hair. "Come on. Let's go." They both headed to the usual place which was at the rooftop of the school. During break times, Jonghyun and Yoona would sit down there and talk about life. It was heart-warming to have someone comfort you when talking about your hardships. That's what they felt and today was no exception.

"Jonghyun oppa, what do you want to be when you grow up?" Yoona inquired, adjusting her head comfortably on the elder's lap.

"A singer? Wait, no. An architect maybe. I love designing." He grinned. "What about you, Yoong?"

She thought for a moment before replying. "Writer. I want to be a writer. I may not get high marks on my essay all the time, but it's my dream. I believe that with perseverance, I will get there. Especially with you by my side."

He nodded at her response. As expected of Yoona. She always has a goal in life.

"Yoong, even without me, will you still be able to pursue that dream?" Jonghyun inquired, running his fingers through her smooth hair.

"Of course! Anyway, why are you asking me that? Is there something I should know about?" Yoona asked, eyes filled with worry.

'It's now or never, Lee Jonghyun. Just tell her.' 

"Yoona," he started. Already, she did not like where this conversation was going. "I'm enrolling at a university aboard." He let out a deep sigh.

"So you're saying..."

"Let's end this here."

"What? Why?" She sat up quickly.

"I'm not fond of long distance relationships. Goodbye Yoona." He stood up to walk away and halted when Yoona spoke.

"I don't need you anyway, Jonghyun! I can be a writer without your support!" She screamed, tears streaming down her face.

A tear rolled down his cheek upon hearing those words. He nodded and continued walking.

It was his last week in Korea and Yoona did not exchange any conversations with him ever since the incident. When he left, she felt a sense of emptiness, but that was what kept her going.

She absolutely cannot deny, she still loves him, but she's afraid she can't look up to him as the person who once loved her anymore.

- Present -

Yoona's face scrunched up in disgust as she saw her younger sister and her new boyfriend being affectionate towards one another. "If you don't mind, Soojung and Minhyuk, please go somewhere else. I'm trying to write here."

Soojung rolled her eyes. "Writing, writing. It's always about writing." She went up to her older sister and snatched the pencil away. "Isn't it about time you found a boyfriend? Don't tell me you plan to get married to your stories."

"I would, if it was possible." Yoona challenged.

"Fine, do what you deem fit." Soojung huffed and went back to Minhyuk.

"Soojung ah, don't be mad. I can introduce her to my single cousin if you want." Minhyuk suggested, cheering his girlfriend up.

"Chinja! That would be awesome!" She clapped her hands in excitement.

Yoona, who was listening to every word widened her eyes in shock. "What?"

Minhyuk nodded. "Provided you're fine with it, noona."

"Of course she is! She's gonna be a coward if she lets this opportunity slip."

"Yah! Who's the coward here? I don't mind, I'll go meet him." 

"Great, now let's go get you some clothes. You're a fashion terrorist, unnie." Soojung eyed her sister, earning a death glare.

"Just saying, don't get so worked up. MinMin, you coming?"

"Anything with you." He pecked Soojung's cheek lightly.

Yoona fake gagged and Minhyuk laughed it off.

Soojung scowled and linked arms with her boyfriend, resting her head on his shoulder as they walked out the door. Yoona, who was tagging along, sulked. 'That used to be me right there.' She thought to herself.

"So who are you buying clothes for, huh?"

"Oh, of course. Mianhae." Soojung apologised and unlinked arms with her boyfriend, cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

The youngest held out a glitter dress that caught Yoona's eye immediately.

"Unnie, what about this? It has a matching necklace too."

Yoona agreed right away and they paid for it after she had tried it on.

- That Night -

"Hyung! I'm gonna introduce you to a girl!"

"What? Why! I don't remember asking you to do so!"

"Chill hyung, listen to me. It's not like an arranged marriage. Just go with the flow, if all else fails, just leave. Anyway, she's pretty too. Definitely not more than Soojung, but, you know what I mean."

"She's Soojung's older sister? Wait...isn't that Yoona?"

"Yeah!"

"This better be good, Minhyuk, or you're going to get it from me." Jonghyun agreed. It wouldn't hurt meeting with your ex right? Or would it?

Minhyuk gulped and nodded before running out of his hyung's 'room of terror'.

Yonghwa and Jungshin, who were listening to the conversation all along, was surprised to see Minhyuk run out. They entered his room and comfortably sat on the bed.

"So, matchmaking huh? Inviting us along?"

"Sure, if you want to. Maybe hit on the friends Yoona brings."

"Great!"

---

Yoona dialled her best friend's phone number. As usual, it was not long before Seohyun answered.

"Seohyun ah, are you free now?"

"Yea, why? Is there something wrong?"

"No, not really. Soojung and her boyfriend asked me to go on a date, and I agreed. So, uhm, mind coming along?"

"As the third weel? Oh hell no!"

"Please Seohyun, I need your help!"

"Fine fine, now you owe me."

"Okay! It's a deal then!"

A few days later, it was finally the day that was most anticipated by Soojung. It was none other than Yoona's 'date' with Jonghyun! Early in the morning, she woke her sister up and helped her to put on make up after Yoona's morning routine.

"Perfect! Now let's go! You're going to be late!" Soojung yelled and pulled her sister into the car as soon as Yoona locked the door.

Letting out an annoyed sigh, Yoona drove to the meeting place which was the nearby cafe. She looked through the glass windows and eyed the place. A few couples were there and she also saw a backview of a man sitting alone. His arms were crossed and he looked like he was waiting for someone. Minhyuk was also next to him.

The sisters entered the café and the bell at the top of the door rang like usual.

"Soojung! Yoona! Great, you're here!"

Jonghyun turned around to face the girls. His heart skipped a beat as he saw Yoona's face. She did not change much. That beautiful, fresh face, her pink cheeks and rosy lips. He missed it a lot.

It seems that Yoona was also shocked as she saw her ex. Nonetheless, she couldn't deny, he looked stunning.

"MinMin, your single cousin was Jonghyun oppa?" Soojung asked, slight anger in her voice. She was also angry with Jonghyun for breaking her sister's heart. 

"Yea, why? Do they know each other?" He replied innocently. Soojung dragged her boyfriend out of the café before 'reprimanding' him.

Blush crept up on her cheeks and Yoona fanned herself with her hands, as if making it go away. Jonghyun scratched the back of his nape awkwardly and pulled out the chair before gesturing for her to sit down.

"Thank you."

"So...how have you been?"

"Very good. I've become a successful writer too, and you? You became an architect right?" She smiled.

"Wow, that's nice to hear, and how did you know?"

"I saw the article on the newspaper."

"Ah, I read your book. You're the only one for me, nice story title."

Yoona did not know how to react to that. Jonghyun's not stupid. He would already know that the book was actually about they're relationship together. Nodding, she thanked him for the compliment.

Quietly, Soojung, Seohyun, Minhyuk, Yonghwa and Jungshin made their way into the café. Unfortunately, Yonghwa almost tripped over Jungshin's foot, making a ruckus. Yoona and Jonghyun were so awkward in their conversation that they turned their heads when they saw their friends enter the café. Soojung smiled in embarrassment and gestured for them to continue.

"I think we should go somewhere else." Jonghyun suggested and Yoona agreed. The duo went out and Soojung huffed in disappointment.

"It's all your fault Yonghwa oppa! Why were you so careless!"

"Hey! Blame Jungshin! It was his foot!"

"Soojung ah, you can't just blame Yong oppa. It was an accident."

"But unnie!"

Seohyun glared at her and she shut up.

"Why are you being so defensive? Unnie, are you secretly dating him?"

"What? No!"

"Whatever you say." Soojung replied teasingly with a wink. Accompanied with Minhyuk, both of them made their way back home.

"I'm just gonna go. Yoona should have brought another friend." Jungshin said and left as well, leaving Seohyun and Yonghwa alone.

"So. Uhh...coffee?" Yonghwa asked.

"I would love to."

Jonghyun regretted suggesting for alone time with his ex. He was always the one unable to start a conversation. And even if he did, it ended after a few short answers.

Like the old days, Yoona started. "Have you ever regretted your decision, Jonghyun?" Even she herself cannot believe those words came out from her own mouth. Daring.

There was a moment of silence before he noddded slowly. "Yes, Yoona. I regretted it terribly."

"Oh, I see."

"Wanna meet up tomorrow again? Uhm, maybe at xxx restaurant?"

"That would be nice. See you then." She waved goodbye and walked off.

"How was the date, unnie? I'm so sorry, I didn't know Minhyuk's single cousin was Jonghyun oppa." Soojung said softly, lowering her head in disappointment.

"Ah, it's okay, sis."

"But you still feel something for him don't you, unnie?"

"Neh? No, I don't. It was eight years ago. Besides, I don't trust him anymore."

"Well, only you know what's in here." Soojung pointed to her unnie's heart and went back to her bed in the room that they shared.

The next day, Yoona and Jonghyun met up again as planned. Following that, Minhyuk, Soojung, Seohyun and Yonghwa followed them as well, to make sure there are lesser awkward moments. However, they made sure to keep a distance to give the couple bonding time.

-- Later That Day --

"Hey! That's my ice-cream! Why did you eat it?"

"What's the problem Yoona? You didn't have a problem with it before!"

"That was before, Jonghyun, but now that we've broken up, it's not the same anymore!" Yoona screamed and ran off, tears in her eyes.

Jonghyun was stunned and tried to run after Yoona but got stopped by Soojung. "No, oppa, let her be alone. Sorry." He merely nodded.

-- That Night -- 

"Ahhh! I messed up so badly!" Jonghyun screamed into his pillow. 

"You sure did." Minhyuk shrugged.

"What to do? I wanted to patch things up with her and this is how it ends."

"You've gotta be more careful in your words, hyung."

"If I ask to talk to her tomorrow, do you think she'll agree?"

"You won't know until you try."

"Hello?"

"H-hi Yoona yah, I'm so sorry for what happened just now. I have many things to tell you. Can we meet at the park tomorrow? I'll wait for you."

Jonghyun did not hear any response from the receiver and was soon greeted by a long beep. She may have hung up on him but he knew very well that she had heard his words.

'Whatever your decision may be, I'll still wait for you, Yoona.' Jonghyun thought bitterly to himself.

The next day, in the late afternoon, Jonghyun got himself ready and headed to the park. He waited, and waited for her, but she never arrived.

One, two, three hours passed and the sky began to darken as the sun setted but Jonghyun remained at his seat to wait for Yoona.

"J-Jonghyun ah, mianhae."

He slightly jumped when he heard a woman's voice behind him. Apparantly, Yoona was there all along and she was touched when she knew that Jonghyun never left or given up on waiting for her.

Jonghyun turned around to see the girl he wanted to arrive, standing in front of him. With a smile on his face, he pulled Yoona into his embrace. 

"Pabo, did you know how long I waited for you?"

"But I was here all along, oppa."

"Oh chinja? I-I didn't know that-" He was cut off by Yoona's lips on his.

"Y-Yoong, t-that,"

"I've never stopped loving you, Lee Jonghyun." She blushed.

"Well, me neither." He closed the gap between their lips once again.

All their friends were astonished upon looking at their sudden affection towards one another.

"Yah, Im Yoona. You're back with him?" Seohyun asked casually.

"Hmm...you could say that. Anyway, why are you going out so much with Yonghwa oppa these days? Got something we need to know?"

"Uhh...uhh..."

"There's nothing to hide, Seo," Yonghwa held Seohyun's hand. "I asked her out last week."

"What?!" Yoona exclaimed.

"Yea..."

"Then what about me, guys!" Jungshin whined, being the only one without a girlfriend.

"Soon, Jungshin, soon." Jonghyun said, causing all of them to break out into fits of laughter.

​Years later, Jonghyun and Yoona tied the knot. As an architect, he designed the house beautifully to his and Yoona's taste. Yoona never stopped writing her books either, and they all became big hits.

Sometimes, they look back on their life and are certain that they have never made the wrong decision.

Oh, you might also want to know what happened to the rest right?

- Jungshin -

Jungshin fell in love with the cashier at the café and they started going out too. There may be ups and downs, but they'll get through it.

- Minhyuk and Soojung -

They never stopped being affectionate towards one another. Sometimes, they would visit Jonghyun and Yoona, and be awed at the pretty layout of the house.

"Hyung, next time, when me and Soojung get married, you've got to help design the house." Minhyuk said with a laugh.

- Yonghwa and Seohyun -

Both of them are just, a bit of everything. Yonghwa has become more mature now that he has Seohyun, and Seohyun also has someone to teach her how to play the guitar.

 

So you see? It's a happy ending for everyone.

 

~ FIN ~



♦Author's Note: My first ever request, done! Enjoy reading this! I know it is slightly more fluffy than what you requested for, sorry! I really sulk at writing angst. Hope this satisfied your DeerBurning couple feels! ^^ 

- CandyCaneAngel

Disclaimer: Pictures/Gifs used in this fic are not mine