Chapter 1

Fate, Destiny and You.

The start of something new.

 

Joohyun pushed open the room of her window. The breezy, fresh air signalled the beginning of spring, her favourite season of the four seasons.

She have always loved Spring, memories of her and her father and brother playing in the park in the midst of the spring air would always bring a smile to her face.

One of the reasons why Joohyun loved Spring may also be because she had this obsession for flowers. She loved all sorts of flowers and would grow them in her garden herself.

She thought nothing could be more beautiful than flowers.

Funny how she loves Sunflowers the most when all the other girls loved roses.

She pulled a hair into a braid. After checking herself in the mirror, she went over to the row of flower pots lined neatly beside her bedside window.

Joohyun looked like a proud mother looking at her flowers. She the lilies and softly said, "Fightfing to Omma for another day! Grow well, kids."

With light steps, she walked downstairs and a warm scene greeted her.

Her elder brother was already plopped on his usual seat, enjoying a book while sipping his favourite tea. Her father was reading the newspaper and of course, her loving Omma was preparing breakfast for the family.

Joohyun went over to her Omma and planted a light kiss on her cheeks. "Morning, Omma." Her mother smiled upon hearing that, "Sit, Joohyun-ah, breakfast is almost done preparing."

"Oppa, Appa, morning to you guys too.", she warmly greeted.

"Morning, Joohyun-ah, oppa will fetch you to work later, ahrasseo?", Jonghyun, her brother, offered.

"Yay, thank you Oppa, you're the best!"

"Joohyun, we have a family gathering at Grandma's house later tonight. And uh... actually, from the giddiness of Halmeoni's voice through the phone last night, I deduced that it's something worth celebrating that she'd like to share. That's why she informed us so urgently. Please be there early after your work, ahrasseo? Jonghyun-ah, my son, can you pick Joohyun up from her office then go straight to Halmeoni's house?", Seo Appa inquired.

"Course I can. Alright, guess we have to leave now, bye Omma Appa!", Jonghyun said while pulling Joohyun from her chair and grabbing his coat at the same time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 5pm, Joohyun went down from her office to wait for her brother only to find her brother already waiting for her.

Joohyun had to admit, his brother looked handsome, with his chiselled features moreover when he's wearing a suit, she's not surprised when she saw a few of her colleagues throwing glaces at her brother, all gathering in front of his car, as if he was a celebrity. Seohyun had to chuckle at the scene.

"OPPA!"

"Omo Joohyun, you didn't tell us you had such a hot brother!"

"Exactly, and you've told us earlier!"

"I'll find a right time to introduce him to you girls next time, we're in a rush now, so, BYE!"

With that, the siblings hopped inside Jonghyun's car and they couldn't help but laugh at the situation just now.

"Oh gosh, damn oppa, you should've looked at how flirty the girls sounded just now. My goodness, I didn't know Mary could be such a lady, I thought she hated men."

"With a face like that, I can even turn straight guys into gays.", Jonghyun teased, feeling proud.

"What did I do in my past life to deserve such a narcissistic brother?"

They both burst into a ball of laughter.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Halmeoni, I missed you! How have you been?", Joohyun said sweetly.

Joohyun has always been her Halmeoni's favourite grandchild. Sweet, loving, beautiful and smart.

Who wouldn't love a girl like this?

After waiting for all the other relatives to arrive, her Halmeoni made all of them sit around the living room.

The Seo family was a BIG family.

"My children and grandchildren, I am so happy to be seeing all of you here. Really... But I have something to share with you all. A few days ago, an old friend contacted me. I was delighted to hear from him. Also, he reminded me of this deal that I made with him years ago."

Halmeoni stopped to look at her grandchildren for a while before continuing.

"He was my savior, life savior. If it wasn't for him, I woudn't be alive now."

That made her children gasped.

"He saved me from a terrible accident. That's why I'm here now. And I promised to marry one of my granddaughters to his grandson. I long forgot about the deal until a few days ago. That's why this gathering is called for. And I'm happy to say that, I already have someone in mind. It's you, Joohyun-ah."

Joohyun froze on the spot. 

It is as if her world stopped spinning for a moment, her heart stopped beating for a second.