The Trip to the Therapist

Bringing Back The Love We Had

The man looked at the couple in front of him. A young, snow-white haired man with dark eyes was scowling at the wall next to him, his arms crossed defensively in front of his chest. His partner, a dark haired, brown eyed, young man was fiddling with his sweater, his eyes zooming from one corner of the room to the other, making Dr. Park wonder if he had attention disorder.

"Alright, could you tell me why you are here?" Dr. Park started calmly, crossing his legs and looking utterly bored.

The snow-white haired man glared at him fiercely and if he had been less the man he was, he would have cowered in fear. Unfortunately for the other man, he was far from impressed. "You're a  therapist," the man spat out the word ' therapist' as if it left a foul taste in his mouth. "Why do you think we're here? Shopping? I thought doctors were smart. You’re an exception then."

The dark haired man frowned at him, but didn't say anything.

"Of course I know the general problem, but I want to know exactly what is wrong, so that I can help you more efficiently," Dr. Park replied bored, looking at the ceiling, but kept most of his attention on his new clients. "Let’s start with you telling me your name, age, hobbies, etc. Anything about you. Go on."

"My name is Do Kyungsoo," the dark haired man began, sounding enthusiastic. "I'm twenty-three and my hobbies are singing, cleaning the house, cooking, listening to music, etc. There’s just really more to mention. I sometimes volunteer to read stories to children at the day-care center near our house."

"Okay." Dr. Park nodded and looked at the other man, raising an eyebrow.

The man just pursed his lips and looked away, clearly having no intention to indulge the therapist with some basic information.

"Answer him, Jongin." Kyungsoo hissed suddenly and jabbed his boyfriend viciously in his side, making Dr. Park wince internally. That had to hurt.

The man just oomphed and glared at his boyfriend before turning back to the annoying therapist in front of him, his glare deepening.

"Kim Jongin, twenty; hobbies: keeping this idiot occupied and working at the Kim Corporations," Jongin answered through clenched teeth.

"Yah! I'm not an idiot you have to keep occupied! If there’s an idiot, that’d be you!" Kyungsoo snapped back, annoyance clearly written on his face.

Dr. Park massaged his temples, wondering how someone so small could be so loud at the same time. Reminds me of my Baekkie~ he thought to himself.

"Fine, now that I know the basics, I want you to tell me what exactly is wrong with your relationship that you felt the need to visit me. Just so you know, I’m not giving you a discount even we’re friends."

Jongin huffed and turned away again, his jaw tightening. The therapist sighed and turned towards Kyungsoo who looked more willingly to answer his questions.

Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head and smiled at him embarrassed. "Well, eh, it's because we haven't been intimate for a long time, obviously," he laughed nervously. “And our relationship is slowly sinking like what happened to the Titanic.” He added with hint of sadness in his tone.

Jongin rolled his eyes. "Don't exaggerate, idiot," he snorted.

Kyungsoo glared at him. "I'm exaggerating? Then please tell me when you think we last had ! And stop calling me idiot, I’m older than you!"

Dr. Park leant back, not having the intention of interrupting the couple. Most of the times it proved to be good if the couple could voice out their problems – even if they were screaming at each other while doing so – but if violence will ensue, it’d be the time he’ll interrupt them.

"Well, obviously we had when we were on that holiday in Paris and that wasn't too long ago, if I may recall." Jongin replied tersely.

Kyungsoo stared at him. "Kim Jongin, that vacation was more than a year ago," he said incredulously.

"That can't be." Jongin frowned. "Has time really gone by that quickly?"

"It's really amazing how you can remember every date you have with a client, but can't remember a single thing you do with me or anything that involves the two of us." Kyungsoo scoffed and crossed his arms, his cheeks flushed with anger.

Before things could get ugly – and Dr. Park noticed it would grow ugly quickly, if Jongin's death glare was anything to go by with – the therapist intervened.

"When was the last time you hugged?"

"What kind of ing question is that?" Jongin snapped, his eyes drilling into that of the therapist.

"Just answer my question; it can be very important." he rolled his eyes. This man had to be one of the most infuriating clients he had ever met.

Kyungsoo stared at the ceiling in thought, rocking back and forth on his chair. "Umm, good question actually. Our lives have been very busy, though only smart- here is the only one busy 24/7, so I don't know exactly when we hugged for the last time." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Alright, kissing then?"

One pair of brown eyes stared at him puzzled and another pair of brown eyes glared at him. No surprise there.

"Kissing?" Kyungsoo repeated.

"Yeah, you know, lips locked together, tongues battling, spit being exchanged," the therapist answered dryly.

Kyungsoo continued to stare at him blankly.

He sighed. "A kiss on the cheek then?"

Kyungsoo shrugged, his flush rising again. He averted his eyes and stared out of the window. "I don't exactly remember; maybe a few weeks ago?" he mumbled uncertainly.

The therapist sighed again and looked at the digital clock on his desk. "We're out of time now, but I'm going to give you an assignment you have to complete before our next meeting next Thursday, same hour."

"Assignment?" Jongin asked sharply and sat up stiffly.

"Yes." he smiled merrily. This was the fun part of his job. "I want you to hug each other every morning and every evening for at least five minutes or more if you want to. And when you go out, you must give each other a kiss on the cheek or on the lips if you want to. You decide. "

"WHAT?!" Jongin snapped. "What kind of ridiculous assignment is that?"

"You came here to receive help and I shall help you restore that old chemistry the both of you once had. You need to complete these assignments in order to succeed so that you’ll get to have that mind-blowing you’ve been depriving yourselves." Dr. Park told him, still smiling, but his smile warned the other man not to push him too far.

Jongin gritted his teeth and snatched his coat off the coat rack, storming out of the office.

Kyungsoo stood up, rubbing the back of his neck and laughed embarrassed. "Umm, don't mind him; he gets upset at times – most of the times to be clear. Thank you for this, I owe your boyfriend for advising me to come to you. I never knew this was your job, I thought you enjoyed modelling. ‘Till next week then, Therapist Yeol" He bowed and hastily exited the room, wanting to catch up with his partner, before Jongin decided to leave without him.

"This is going to be an interesting couple of weeks," Chanyeol grinned and stretched with a yawn. Lazily he looked in his agenda and saw that he still had half an hour before his next appointment. Might as well call my lovely boyfriend. He thought to himself.

Picking up his phone and dialing his boyfriend’s number. It only took the first ring before the phone was answered.

“Yes, Channie? I miss you. By the way, did my bestfriend attend the appointment I made him and his idiot boyfriend Jongin the CEO, with you? I kind of noticed the rift between them and even though I hate that Kammjong idiot for my Kyunggie, I want to see my bestfriend smile always. The real smile like the one you always have plastered on that oh so cute face of yours that I always want to ravish. Not the fake smile that any stupid idiot like that workaholic Kammjong would believe. His boyfriend is sad due to the fact that he’s not spending enough time with his partner. I won’t be shocked if dear Kyunggie would call it off between them ‘cause honestly that Jongin can just marry his company for ’s sake. Though it’ll be waste of those three long years if they’d call it off. Sad it may be but there’s always an end to happy things. Sorry if I got lost with talking again. Haha. How’s your day?” His boyfriend, Baekhyun, said on the other line. He’s so cute when he keeps on talking ‘bout anything. He thought to himself before answering back.

“Hi there my Baekkie! You miss me already? Haha. Yep, they came here and their situation is far worse than I thought. At the moment, it’s like Kyungsoo is the only one giving an effort in saving their relationship and there is a high chance of them breaking up. That Jongin dude is rude as . He can’t even answer seriously. But I want to help them in any way I can think of. This is a challenging couple.” Chanyeol answered enthusiastically. Sneaking a peek at his digital clock on his wall. The next client will be in 5 minutes. He thought.

“My Baekkie, I gotta get back to work now, the next client will be in five minutes. See you later after work! Wait for me, I’ll pick you up. Call me when you’re done with your work. Let’s have dinner at that restaurant that you like. Bye, babe!” Chanyeol said on the phone.

“I’ll be going back to work now too. Sure, I’ll call you. Sounds like a plan. See you later! I love you! Mwah!” Baekhyun said on the other line.

“I love you too!” he replied before ending the call.

I sure hope I can help Kyungsoo and that Jongin. I wonder who’ll be my next client and what interesting story will they tell me. Chanyeol thought to himself with a chuckle. “This is going to be a long story.”