Everyday...

Everyday... [One~Shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                The teacher kept saying all those English verbs repeatedly and I was fighting against my eyes that wouldn’t obey me and stay open. English was one of my favorite subjects, but since I knew all of those already, the class easily became boring. My mind shot awaken as the bell rang through all the school. In a matter of seconds, while I was packing my stuff to leave, Sunny was already glued to the window right beside me, psychologically forcing me to rush. I grabbed my books and walked out the classroom to join her.
                – Hey, sleepy head! – she said in her high-pitched voice, intertwining our arms as we walked to the cafeteria.
                – Hi~
                – Were you really almost sleeping?
                – Yeah… You know, English…
                – Oh, right. I forgot you are almost native.
                – I’m not, stop it.
                – You’re really good, don’t deny it.
                – I just like English very much.
                – Say, what are we eating today? – she asked and started saying the menu for that day. Right as we entered the cafeteria, I saw Jonghyun-ssi and his friend, Peter, who I knew nothing about besides he always has those earphones stuck in his ears. Even both being friends with Jonghyun, we maybe knew only our names, and I knew he looked handsome, and I also knew I had his tiny crush on him. Or maybe not that tiny…
                – Morning, ladies~ – Jonghyun greeted us and we replied. Peter only gave a small smile, and then turned to face his side as he started mumbling something, probably the melody from his earphones.
                – Jonghyun-ssi, did you eat already? What’s good today? – Sunny asked.
                – Pudding! – he shouted and pushed us all to join the line – I’ll go again, maybe auntie will give me another one.
                Peter wasn’t around us anymore, and I couldn’t see him anywhere. He used to go missing like that sometimes.
                It was Thursday, it means Sunny was staying longer for the fashion club, I was going home alone. It also means Peter was staying longer for the music club, I was certainly taking some extra time around my locker, which happened to be right beside the music room, and since he was the first one to arrive and warm up his voice along with the keyboard sound… I sometimes wondered in what creepy level I was for stalking him like this, but I couldn’t help, his voice was really something to treasure. Besides, it wasn’t really stalking, I didn’t go around following him, taking pictures and stuff… These were the only minutes I had to listen to him. The other students started to arrive, and he soon stopped singing. I closed my locker and walked home.

 

                It was Monday, when I had science classes with Jonghyun-ssi. That day, teacher had asked for questions to be done in pairs as homework, and we decided to do it together. The bell rang and we went out the classroom, each one of us with a sheet in our hands, discussing about the questions. I was absorbed in talking, when Peter passed by, looking at us, mumbling some lyrics. I wasn’t able to hear it due to all the noise, but I could read in his lips something like “everyday…”. It instantly got me curious to know what was that song. I didn’t remember immediately of him singing these words the times I listened to him outside the music room.

 

                Weeks had passed, Peter still wouldn’t talk too much, but his smiles were getting brighter every time he “greeted” me, and so were mines. I still hadn’t discovered th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter