Decisions

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"S-Sungmin sunbae! I like you! Please accept my confession!"

Sungmin stared at the boy bending ninety degrees before him like he's some god being worshipped. He adjusted his scarf under his chin and looked around to see if anyone was watching them. Not again. He sighs and thanks the heavens for atleast giving him a kind consideration of not letting his friends see this worshipper infront of him. Or else he'd be a laughing stock for a week and be one of those sns posts where everyone around the world would be sharing and it'd get viral and before he knows it, he's gonna be appearing in one of those variety shows and such. Sungmin is certain he wouldn't want that. He scratches his head with an 'aish' and pulls the boy to the neighborhood lake since it was already dark and no one would be there specially in this cold winter night. 

"What's your name?" Sungmin forces the poor boy to sit on the pier's wooden floor with a loud thud. 

"C-Cho Kyuhyun.. I'm in my third year in-"

"Kyuhyun, I'm sorry but I can't accept your confession"

Kyuhyun looks up immediately looks up at him with teary eyes. So straightforward.. Embarassing as it may seem, but he can't hold back his tears any longer. 

Sungmin widens his eyes to see if what he's seeing is really real. It's time first time he has someone confessing to him while crying. Is this guy so desperate to have him? And with that, Sungmin feels a tinge of guilt inside him. He felt damn troubled. He thought maybe it was too harsh of him to reject the boy so fast without even getting to know him more. Of all the guys who've confessed to him, this one was the only he ever considered. This Cho Kyuhyun must be special. Well, considering his looks, it's not that bad. He looks at the boy again and catches him trying to wipe his tears off so they would come unnoticed. 

Sungmin finally gives up and heavily sighs. "But I guess I'd like to see you try..?" He said feeling unsure. Kyuhyun cries more but Sungmin guessed it's out of happiness.

"You're so weird" Sungmin laughs. 

_

Lee Sungmin. High school senior. He has three piercings on his right ear and two on his left. He likes to skip classes just to sleep. He hates commitments as much as relationships. (but someone was just an exception) He likes the province. Scratch that, he loves it. For him, it's the most relaxing place on earth. Less cars, less busy people on the streets, less fast food and less things that a city has. Which is why he decided to stay in his hometown while his family moved to Seoul for business matters. But he knows soon enough, he'll be leaving this place in less than a year for college. 

He locks his front door and prepares to leave for school when he sees the boy from last night with a navy blue scarf and bonnet squatting beside his gate while reading a japanese comic book. 

"Ah, Good morning sunbae!" Kyuhyun literally drops everything to take Sungmin's bag and carry it on his own shoulders. 

"Morning.." Sungmin pressed his lips and smiles albeit a little. 

"Do you have practice after school, sunbae?"

"Yeah.."

"I'll wait for you at the school gate then."

Like you could stand the cold at that time. Sungmin nods. 

-

He never actually thought that Cho Kyuhyun would actually wait for him for three straight hours at the school gate. Is this guy an idiot? Sungmin he felt damn worried he almost started to panic.. almost. It was a cold winter night for crying out loud! 

He ran to Kyuhyun to check if he was still breathing or already frozen. But he seems like he just dozed off from reading the book he brought earlier this morning. He shook the younger lightly to wake him up. "Kyuhyun-ah, time to go home." Kyuhyun abruptly stood up upon hearing the older's voice and got his bag once again to carry it for him.

Sungmin laughed at how Kyuhyun just woke up like that. If it was him, he'd probably already gotten a headache. He fixes the younger's scarf around his neck and slaps his face lightly for being an idiot. "Let's go?" He smiles.  

I need to get used to this everyday. 

True enough, this became a daily routine for him. Kyuhyun picking up Sungmin, walking together, eating lunches together, Kyuhyun bringing Sungmin back home. And if ever it's too early, they hang out at the nearest arcade or in the small coffee shop five blocks away from school o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter