Knock First

Knock First

There’s quiet in the apartment when she comes home, something Krystal’s not expecting. She knows Jessica’s home and her sister had mentioned inviting some of the girls over last night. And as quiet as she knows Jessica usually is, that goes out the window when any of her members around. Sure enough, there are two unfamiliar pairs of shoes by the door, which only adds to Krystal's confusion. Why so quiet?

 

A quick rap on the door to the bedroom and she twists the knob without waiting for an answer.

 

 

“Unnie, did you guys fall as - OH MY GOD.“

 

 

“SOOJUNG, GET OUT!”

 

Krystal slams the door closed behind her and from the bedroom she can hear a flurry of sheets and clothing and muffled curses.

 

She blinks, her brain trying to process what she had just seen before she could scrub it from her mind. It couldn’t be. No, there was no way. But her damned curiosity gets in the way and she has to know.

 

“Jessica unnie?”

 

What?!” Her sister’s voice is harsh and clear even through the wood. Krystal expects nothing less because she knows how her sister is.

 

She hesitates before she speaks again. “Tiffany unnie?”

 

There’s a slight pause in the sounds coming from the bedroom before Tiffany finally speaks, voice apologetic. “Sorry about that, Soojung-ah.”

 

“Don’t apologize to her.” Her sister hisses immediately after.

 

Krystal nods even though there's no one around to see it. Aside from the whole, you know, unfortunately walking in on them thing, it’s not really much of a surprise. Her sister and Tiffany had always been close. The cheerful girl was almost like another older sister to Krystal. It makes sense in a way.

 

The next thing doesn’t. “...Taeyeon unnie?”

 

The quiet drags on longer and Krystal almost manages to convince herself that she’d just been imagining that third figure on the bed. Maybe the heat got to her. And it wasn’t like she’d gotten a really good look (thank God for that!) so coupled with the heat and the shock and the exhaustion from practice today, it could have just been her imagination.  

 

“Y-yeah.” Nope. Not her imagination. “How are you, Soojung-ah?”

 

Krystal doesn’t answer, scrambling to pick up her bag and to get out of the apartment as quickly as possible. “I’ll sleep at the dorm tonight, unnie!” she calls out before slamming the front door shut behind her.


She hopes one of the other girls has alcohol. She has a feeling she’s going to need it.