You’re Just Pretty

My Wishing Key

 

Jonghyun’s POV:

I’ve been worrying about Sunghwa lately, maybe I should let her go to the doctor. She’s overworking herself and she didn’t mind it. I told her to stop doing it but I guess it was no use. I saw her dozed off in our History class, but she was just lucky our professor didn’t see her.
“Ya, why are you sleeping?” I asked her. She was resting her head on the desk, I poked her shoulders and tried waking her up.
“Sunghwa…”
“Uh….” She uttered, it seemed she was really tired.
“Class’s is already dismissed. Wake up now, I’ll take you home.” She quickly looked up to me and was shocked to hear what I said. Well it was her first time missing a class, so she was shocked.
“What, I missed the History class?! Aigoo…” she pouted at me.
“Come on, I’ll take you home.”
“But we still need to finish a research. And I was supposed to take down notes while Ms. Kim was discussing, Jongie,” she asked with a worry on her face.
“It’s alright, Sunghwa, I took down notes here, maybe you want to use it for your research,” I offered her my notebook. 
“Jongie, thank you!” she put a smile on her face, and hugged me as well. Kibum approached Sunghwa and they started working with their research. 
“Do you want me to wait for you? I can wait for you if you wanted.” I asked her before leaving our class.
“Aniya, I can go home by myself, thanks again Jongie for your concern.” 
“I’ll just take her home, Jonghyun.” Kibum said.
“Ah, arraseo.”

Sunghwa’s POV:

Jongie seemed really worried to me, but that’s normal since he’s my friend. I thought I should just follow what Jongie said to me so I wouldn’t doze off again in our other classes. We started continuing our research, Kibum shared his notes too with me.
“Why were you sleeping in our History class?”
“Uhm.. uh..I felt dizzy, ah that’s it!.” He chuckled to himself. 
“Why are you laughing?” 
“Ah, because I thought you were bored listening to Ms. Kim,” he rolled his eyes, still laughing at himself.
“You really looked funny while sleepi…..” I heard him whispering when I cut him off.
“Ya!” I pouted to him like a kid who wasn’t able to eat an ice cream. But he just laughed even more, what’s gotten up to him? I raised my brow to him.
“Hey, why such a straight face?” he asked, pulling my uniform a bit. I didn’t mind him, I just continued what I was writing. 
“Sunghwa…..”
“Hey Sunghwa…mianhae..mianhae….” and he was repeating that over and over again while tapping my shoulders. I stared at him for a while and I sulked at him, though I was just really teasing him.
“Hey it was just a joke,” and he repeated saying sorry again while pouting like a kid who wants to play. I looked at him again and laughed at his expression and grinned.
“Ahaha, aniya it’s ok, I was just teasing you too!” I put out my tongue and laughed at him. He just scratched the back of his head and laughed along with me. After one hour, we still weren’t able to finish our research so we planned on just continuing it when we have spare time. After that he took me home. I was resting on my bed when my phone rang, I answered it.
“Yoboseyo?”
“Sunghwa, are you home already?”
“Ah, ne, Jongie. Wae?”
“Nothing, sleep now or I’ll come there and make you sleep myself!” He said, more like threatening me in a cute way. Jongie’s so caring that sometimes I feel like his way too annoying, but at some points too, he doesn’t care about me.
“Oh yeah, what are you gonna do?” I said, teasing him.
“I’ll tell you a bed time story, how about that?” he joked. Aigoo, what a lame one, Jongie.
“Arraso…..” 
“De,” I was about to hung up when he murmured something, I wasn’t able to hear it clearly but I’m sure there was a word ‘dream’ in it. I went to sleep after that. 

Kibum’s POV:

You’re pretty, Sunghwa.” I thought to myself. Even when she was pouting and all, she was still pretty.
It was weekend and I already finished studying. It was so quiet in our house, and I was bored so I thought of going out with Sunghwa to spend some quality time with her. I really didn’t have friends at school, they were way too scary. I sometimes wanted to befriend some of them but, I know they only will stalk me, those girls. I still remembered when I first came to our class, all the girls, but except for Sunghwa who was staring at something, all of them were drooling, ah they’re too creepy. And the boys were talking behind my back, I don’t know what’s wrong with them. But Jonghyun and Sunghwa were the only one to greet me. I just want to have one friend who’s sincere and nice rather than having many friends who’ll only take advantage of me. 

I went to her house and knocked on the door. A maid opened the door and asked who I was looking for. 

“Oh can I see Sunghwa? I’m her friend from the school, Kibum.”
“Wait here Sir,” the maid said and ran to Sunghwa’s room. The maid came back and offered me to sit. I was looking around their living room, there were many pictures of their family, when she was young.. “Sunghwa looks so pretty here.” I thought. 
“Uh, Kibum hey, how are you? Sorry it took me long.” 
“Hey, I’m fine. Oh, nice outfit?!” I looked at her from head to toe.
“Thanks Kibum, can we go someplace else, not here?”
“Ah, sure why not?” wait, did she ask me to go out with her? I chuckled. 
She carefully put on her sandals and dragged me out of her house. “Are you sneaking or something?”
“Actually yes, I don’t want any chauffer following us or whatsoever. Come on now.” 
“Why did you come to our house?” she asked while we were walking on the sidewalk.
“I wanted to spend some time with you, isn’t it obvious?” I chuckled to myself.
“You should have called me.” She grinned at me.
“So where do you want to go?” I asked her if she wanted to come with me in a coffee shop.
I was drinking my coffee and she ordered something else. 
“Ah, Sunghwa, thanks for coming here with me. I’m new here and I don’t have any friends…” 
“Oh, it’s fine Kibum. I myself don’t have friends too, except for Jongie.” she looked down and there was an awkward moment.
“Be comfortable around me Kibum, we’re friends right?” she gave me one of her cutest remarks, winking. 

“So can you tell me about you, Sunghwa?” 
“Oh, there’s nothing much about my life, it you know.” 
“I’m sure it doesn’t,” I confirmed her.
“Well…I guess it’s fine to tell you my boring life.” She took a sip on her drink before continuing.
“I was a happy person back then, and when my parents left me, my life became boring.”
“Aren’t you a happy person right now?”
“That’s because of my friend Jongie, he gives me hopes and his like my family here.” 
“So, I grew up to be alone, only spending my birthdays, Christmases and new years by myself and with our maids and chauffer which was totally boring, Kibum. I wished my family was here with me.” She took a deep breath and sighed. I patted her back.
“Oh, now I know why you told me your life was boring.” She seemed uneasy after telling me that. 
“It’s ok Kibum. That’s pretty much about me. Boring, isn’t it? So, how about you?”
“Well, mine’s pretty normal. I was born in Daegu and moved to United States when I was young, so yeah.”
“Ooh, I bet living there is fun, isn’t it?” she asked.
“It isn’t that fun as much as you think it is, for me, living there is exactly like living here too, only there you’ll be able to be fluent in English and be your your family. That’s all that I’m happy about there, I didn’t care if we lived in luxury, back then I only thought of my friend.”
“Oh, I see. This friend of yours must have been very special to you. Do you have many friends there?”
“No, in fact I didn’t have any friends. I have a family friend there, but she wasn’t a real friend, she was just there for me to annoy me ever since.” 
“Maybe she likes you…..” she giggled.
I raised a brow on her and laughed afterwards. We became close right after that, I think? We shared our past stories and we even shared same interests and some dislikes as well. Chatting with her was fun too.

I stared at her for a while and examined her pretty face, it was one of a kind. 
“Ya, what are you looking at, you’re going to tease me again, aren’t you?” she said with an annoying tone, while I grinned at her funny expression. 
“Aniya, aniya, you’re just pretty, that’s why.” And she shyly chuckled to herself, forming two red circles on her cheeks, making her a lot prettier. 
“Oh, oh, you’re blushing?” I asked her in disbelief while pointing to her two red cheeks. She widened her eyes and covered her cheeks with her bag, only her eyes were seen. I felt butterflies in my stomach when I saw her did that.
“Ya, I’m not! I’m..no..not blushing! Why would I?” She continued looking at me. I was so busy holding my laughter before she might get angry again.
“Arraseo, let’s just leave it like that. You’re pretty, the end.” I sipped my coffee. “But you still blushed.” I murmured to myself.
“Mwo?” I think she heard it, I just said nothing to her and continued grinning.
“How can you say I’m pretty when I have lots of pimples, eh?” and she pointed on her forehead, pimples were slightly seen with her bangs covering her forehead.
“So what?” I said.
“Just wash your face twice a day with soap and water, after that don’t put any beauty products because your skin is sensitive. And every morning, you must wake up early and put ice on a towel and damp it on your forehead so the open pores of your pimples will easily close, remember that.” I was like a teacher discussing to a student.
“Really?” she removed her bag away from her cheeks. 
“I didn’t know that before, omona Kibum, thanks so much!” She smiled at me and she really took down notes what she must do.

Sunghwa’s POV:

I thought living in US was fun and all, but as Kibum said it isn’t that much fun, maybe for him. I felt bad for myself, lucky him he had been with his family all along and me, I haven’t seen my family for like 7 years to be exact. I felt annoyed when he was staring at me, I don’t like someone staring at me, oh and why? I don’t know, I feel like irritated but I just don’t know why, and I don’t like being teased either, people just have to bear with it.
“Ya, what are you looking at, you’re going to tease me again, aren’t you?” I said, annoyed. 
“Aniya, aniya, you’re just pretty, that’s why.” Omo, did he just say I was pretty? I chuckled to myself and murmured thanks. I was about to say thanks to him when he began laughing at me. 
“Oh, oh you’re blushing?” I was puzzled on what he said, was I blushing when he said that? Perfect! Why on earth did I blush? I just covered my cheeks with my hand bag. 
“Ya, I’m not! I’m not blushing! Why would I?” I beamed at him, he was so busy holding his stomach.
“Arraseo, let’s just leave it like that. You’re pretty, the end.” Pretty? I really didn’t think someone would say that, well Jongie would often say that but then he continues teasing me, so I really didn’t think it was true. I heard him whispering something but I just didn’t hear it clearly and Kibum continued grinning at my red cheeks. 
“How can you say I’m pretty when I have lots of pimples, eh?” I pointed the pimples on my forehead. He then explained some ways to prevent having more pimples, so kind of Kibum. I never knew the things he said would lessen the pimples on my forehead. 

Kibum’s POV: 

She was looking weirdly at me when she blurted out, “Kibum, I like your outfit.” and she hung her head down.
“Oh thanks, but why are you pouting?”
“I have no sense in fashion, ever since, you know. That’s why Jongie would always tease me, I only wear simple clothes, uh like this.” She looked on her simple shirt and jeans.
“I can teach you fashion if you want!” I offered her. 
“Chincha!?” she widened her eyes at me, her face showing an excitement. I just nodded.
“Komawo Kibum! I really at things like that…well thanks to you, Kibum to the rescue!” I only laughed at her rhyming phrases. 
She looked at her watch and had a surprised face.
“Omona, Kibum! It’s already 7 pm!” 
“Oh?!” 
“I should get going now or our maids will freak out if they know I wasn’t in my room because we have our dinner at 7 pm sharp! And my chauffer will call me nonstop if he knew I wasn’t in our house,” she was panicking, though I think she looked funny. 
“Oh, I see.” 
“Bye Kibum, I have to go now!” she bowed and waved at me goodbye. 
“I wouldn’t mind walking with you to your house you know.” I offered to walk her home since it was 7 pm and if I let her walk alone, it’s too dangerous for a pretty girl like her.
“Ah thanks Kibum!” 

After some minutes….

“Kibum, here’s my house already, thanks for the day! I really had fun.”
“Me too! I hope we can do this sometime again.”
“Oh, and don’t forget about the ice thingy.” I added.
“Sure…” she bowed again and when she was about to enter their gate, I held her hand, and suddenly felt like my face turned like a tomato.
“Waeyo?” She looked at my hand and then to my tomato face and laughed. 
“Kibum why?” she giggled at me. 
“Kibum, why are you holding my hand?” she finally snapped.
“Oh sorry, I was…I wanted to ask you this a while ago….”
“What is it?”
“Can I have…get..uh, can…” I began stuttering somehow, great, I looked stupid, thanks to that.
“Have what?” she beamed at me.
“Sunghwa, can I have your number, I hope you don’t mind it.” I said not looking at her, and just looked at my hand that was still holding hers.
“Geez, you had to be so funny, sure.” I let go of her hand and she got my phone and typed her number. 
“Ok, a real bye now. My phone is about to ring anytime now, you know, chauffer, aigoo.” I watched her go inside their gate.

Sunghwa’s POV:

When Kibum held my hand, I looked at his face and was like a red tomato, then to our hands.
“Waeyo?” I asked him. I asked him again but it seemed like he didn’t hear me.
“Kibum, why are you holding my hand?” I snapped at him who was like stiffed. He finally said something.
“Oh sorry, I was…I wanted to ask you this a while ago….” 
“Can I have…get..uh, can…” Oh, Kibum-stuttering? What a cute thing, he looked so funny at times like that. He can’t look at me for some reason. I beamed at him and he quickly said something.
“Sunghwa, can I have your number, I hope you don’t mind it.” He said while looking at my hand. 
“Geez, you had to be so funny, sure.” I typed my number on his phone and I was in hurry to go back in to our house so I bowed to him after that.
“Ok, a real bye now. My phone is about to ring anytime now, you know, chauffer, aigoo.” Kibum only smiled. I went inside now and yeah, guess what? I saw the chauffer at our door, waiting for me, of course. He was looking around so I quickly but hid behind a bush in front of our house, just about near the gate.

‘Hello, hello Nareumdaero yonggil naesseoyo 
Hello, hello Jamshi yaegi hallaeyo
Hello, hello Naega jom seodooljin mollado
Who knows? Eojjeom oorin, Jal dwaeljido molla’


Why did my phone have to ring, my goodness! I saw our chauffer holding his phone, oh no he must have been calling me, so I quickly took my phone out my bag to answer it, instead of just ignoring it.
“Yoboseyo?” 
“Hey I’m really sorry for being late but I just went outside to buy something and I saw my friend, and we got to talk and it was all, Mr. Jung,” I said to the our chauffer and in surprise, he didn’t say nothing.
“Mr. Jung, are you there?”
“Yoboseyo?”
“…..”

to be continued...

 

Author's message: HEYYA GUYS! I didn't expect to post this chapter just now, mianhae guys *bows* So I hope you find this enjoying and there was a skinship there, lol I'm blushing when Kibum held Sunghwa's hand, kyaaa<333 Jongie's a good friend and Kibum's a sweet friend, :P Please comment and tell me what you think at certain scenes, I won't bite, keekeke. LOVE YA'LL LOVELY READERS!