Chapter 3.

2, 3...Hello! We are Infinite!

    It was the third day since the big argument within Infinite. It was past lunchtime, and L, Sungjong, and Hoya were getting discouraged as time went by. They tried contacting Sungyeol's parents, close friends, and relatives, but no one seemed to know where he was. "Guys, it's already 2:30, and we haven't eaten anything. I'm starving, let's go eat at that restaurant across the street and continue with our search," Hoya stated as his stomach grumbled. Myungsoo and Sungjong defeatedly admitted to their hunger and followed their hyung across the street to the small restaurant on the corner. The bell hung on the door created a DING sound as the three entered and sat on the far left table. "Hello, welcome to Hannam-dong Gook Bab! Here are your menus, and call when you've deci-" "Oh my god, Sungyeol." "What the hell are you doing here?!" "Hyung is this where you have been this whole time?!" All three guys blurted out these responses to the sight of the one and only Sungyeol with a red apron tied around his waist. He seemed to have gotten slimmer, with dark circles evident under his eyes. "I- I.." Sungyeol was speechless. 

    It turned out that after running off like that, Sungyeol ran into his high school friend, who heard his story and offered him a job at his uncle's restaurant. With no money and place to go as he didn't want to worry his parents, he was planning to work here until he could earn enough money to get himself a home and look for a real job. "Hyung, come back, we need you. Without you, we're not Infinite. Trust me, you're not the only one who feels that way. We all feel angry, flustered with how everything is turning out. But for the sake of the four years that we already invested into our dreams, don't you think it would be waste to give up now, when we're so close? Just one more year. Let's get through it together. Please, come back." The maknae began to get teary again. Truth was, Sungyeol did miss the members. He missed hearing Woohyun and Hoya bickering over silly things, sharing a room with Sungjong and Hoya, and dancing with the members. Although it was tiring, he loved the way he felt when he danced with all the other guys. He felt like he belonged there, that he was needed somewhere for the first time in his life. Hoya then broke his thoughts. "Sungyeol, you don't expect to work at this restaurant for the rest of your life, do you? We're a team, we should stick together until the end." Myungsoo added on, "You don't want to ruin our dreams either, do you? Without you, we can't debut either you jerk." Although his words seemed cold, he knew that that was Myungsoo's way of showing his affection. With a long sigh, Sungyeol stood up and untied the red apron along his waist. "I guess I should first go to Sunggyu hyung and apologize, huh?" With that, the four headed to the dorm, glad that one problem was lifted off their shoulders. 

    "How do you think it's going in there?" Woohyun nervously asked the rest. It had been already 30 minutes since Sungyeol went into Sunggyu's room. They could hear only muffled voices, no yelling thank god. 

    "Hyung...I just wanted to say..I'm sorry. I was acting on instinct, I didn't actually mean the words. Being away for only 3 days made me realize how much I've grown attached to you and the others, and how much I want my dream." Sunggyu sighed. As a leader, he was more sorry. He should've held it in for the sake of the group, and tried to comfort him instead of adding more fuel to the fire. "No, Sungyeol, I'm sorry. As a leader and a hyung to all of you guys, I shouldn't have also bursted out like that in front of you guys. I'm glad you came back."