The Other Coffee Shop

Before I Fall Asleep Again

 

“He’s late as always,” grumbled Youngjae as he decided to order an iced tea with fresh lemon slices without waiting for his boyfriend. By the time he arrives, Youngjae will probably have had more than enough time to finish at least 10 drinks.

Despite the fact that he hated waiting, he smiled smugly to himself while enjoying quiet sips of his tea. Youngjae couldn’t feel happier to know that said person who was half an hour late would come to meet him. And only him. Possessing such a wonderful boyfriend filled his heart with bliss.

“Hey cutie, aren’t you lonely? It’s hard to find pretty girls like you not smooching with their boyfriends. Let me keep you company.”

Youngjae turned around and faced the owner of the deep, raspy voice that snapped him out of his fantasies. A pair of dark brown eyes hidden behind sunglasses stared at him and the corners of the stranger’s lips were stretched in a playful smirk. Youngjae was drawn back by the boy’s handsome features but he couldn’t help feeling annoyed. He didn’t want random guys to hit on him. In fact, he didn’t want any guy to hit on him, random or not.

The young stranger pulled a chair to sit next to Youngjae who was busy looking at his reflection in the cup of iced tea. He stirred the straw nervously and waited for the other to leave or lose interest in him. Instead, a hand wandered up the outside of his thigh and Youngjae spilled his drink all over the fine fabric of his summer dress as his hands trembled.

“Want me to help you clean it up?” offered the undeniably good-looking boy, already reaching out for a napkin to soak up the remaining liquid that didn’t drip from Youngjae’s thighs. The napkin and the hand that was holding it wandered dangerously close around the hem of his rather short pleated dress.

Yah! Such a ert!’ thought Youngjae, disgusted. However, before he could slap the stranger’s hand away, he felt strong arms hugging him from behind. Youngjae tried to squirm away from the familiar firm grip but it only tightened around Youngjae’s pretty shoulders.

“Try to seduce my boyfriend and I’ll rip your eyeballs off and grill them.” A Busan-accented voice hissed.

“Daehyun?” The stranger gasped in awe and rose to his feet. In a few quick steps, he already dashed past the brown-haired boy and out of the coffee shop.

To Youngjae’s relief, Daehyun didn’t seem to notice that his short dress wet with tea that was clinging to his lower parts and thighs. But Youngjae still felt wildly embarrassed when Daehyun released his tight hug to sit down across the table. The Busan boy pouted, annoyance written all over his handsome face.

“Jae, I’m so sorry to keep you waiting. How about I treat you to lunch and you promise me to never hook up with other guys?”

 “Yah! Pabo, can’t you see that I wasn’t the one hitting on him? Besides, it’s not like I was being harassed. And I’m a man, I can perfectly rip out his eyeballs myself if I felt the need to.”

Daehyun burst out laughing so hard that little wrinkles formed at the corner of his eyes. He took a few sips from Youngjae’s iced tea to help him contain his laughter. Youngjae curled his lips up in a pout. Daehyun got up and pulled his chair next to Youngjae’s so he could wrap an arm around the other’s fine shoulders.

“It’s hard to take you seriously when I see you in this y outfit.” Daehyun his lips and eyed the lace scoop neck dress that Youngjae was wearing which revealed pretty much all there was to see, from Jae’s fine, milky thighs to his pale and appealing collarbone. Youngjae knew that Daehyun loved how the dress sculpted his waist and hips. Daehyun tugged playfully at the ribbon on the back of Youngjae’s dress, just where the lace ended and whispered huskily into Youngjae’s ear.

“Jae Jae, are you still mad at me for making you wear this? If only you knew how much it turns me on …” Daehyun’s hand traveled south, caressing Youngjae’s backside.

“You said that it was the only way we could be seen in public and I don’t want to spend my time with you and your stupidity at the dorm.” Youngjae blushed.

“So you do like spending time with me, after all?” Daehyun smirked and planted a kiss on Youngjae’s cheek, making him blush a deeper shade of pink.

“I never said I didn’t, pabo!”

Daehyun grinned, kissing Youngjae’s fluffy cheek again. “I knew it. You’re so y when you cross-dress. I don’t like the idea of sharing your body with indiscrete pairs of eyes, but I like knowing that I’m the one you put on this y outfit for.” He started to trail his fingers over the lace on Youngjae’s back.

Youngjae frowned at the touch. “You actually like to see me dressed like this?”

“Of course, Jae baby. I- ”

Blood spurted from Daehyun’s mouth before he could say another word. Dark crimson lines streaking down his chin, Daehyun’s body slumped over Youngjae’s lap. The black-haired boy’s heart shattered when his boyfriend stopped convulsing and spurted out a final jet of blood that was now a brownish red.

Dead. Daehyun was dead.


Youngjae rubbed his forehead and then slowly opened his sore eyes. He reached for his iPad that was playing SPEED’s “Don’t tease me” and paused the music.

, it’s already this late?! I actually slept with my earpiece on for the whole afternoon?’ cursed Youngjae inside his head when he saw the time on the screen. He gathered all his courage, still shivering from the macabre ending of his dream and managed to jot down a few lines in the yellow-covered notebook that he had pulled out from underneath his pillow before someone knocked on the door.

“Hyung?” asked a worried Jongup while pounding on the door of Youngjae’s room, “I know we have free schedule and you just bought a new case for your iPad, but it’s not a reason to lock yourself in the bedroom for three hours.”

“ Can you please go away Jonguppie?” answered Youngjae’s weak, slightly shaky voice.

“Are you alright hyung? Will you come out? Daehyun’s preparing supper for us,” tried Jongup once more.

“…”

“Come on, his cooking isn’t that bad.”

“…”

“I mean, it is – but at least none of us got poisoned, unlike the time when hyung you prepared kimbap for us. Daehyun hyung wasn’t able to look at food for a whole week after gobbling up a large platter of the kimbap which tasted more like crushed rice wrapped in elastic seaweed.”

Jongup’s (lame) jokes failed to get any reaction from Youngjae. Besides, it wasn’t like the younger had an excellent sense of humour either. Usually, Youngjae would show no mercy if Jongup dared to make fun of his cooking talents. And then punch him. Hard. However it wasn’t the worst side of Youngjae’s anger. Whoever underestimated his cooking skills would be forced to eat twice as much as the others. Instead of stomping out the room to kill Jongup or insisting on making supper, the older boy only sighed, holding back bitter tears at the mention of Daehyun’s name, not even noticing the beginning of Jongup’s sentence.

“So yeah, come join us when you’re ready, hyung.”

“ … sure.”

“He must’ve gotten used to my disapproval of his cooking skills,” thought Jongup happily as he left Youngjae’s door. “Thank god that I won’t have to taste any of his creations of pure horror again.”


“Seriously, I don’t see how Youngjae could stand you for that long.” Himchan huffed and crossed his legs while sipping quietly his ice cold drink.

Since Daehyun was the one who dragged Himchan out of the dorm to a quiet place where they could talk, he offered to pay Himchan an iced coffee in compensation for taking up his hyung’s time. Well, Daehyun had no choice but to spoil Himchan if he didn’t want the ulzzang to threaten to leave every five seconds during their conversation. He regretted already asking Himchan for advice instead of Yongguk. Not only was he blackmailed by the second oldest of B.A.P., but also pushed to his limits by Himchan’s non-stop sarcasm and ironic remarks.

“Would you please stop insulting me and get to the point already?”

“I beg your pardon?” Himchan lifted his eyebrows in a drama queen style.

“Nothing,” muttered Daehyun under his breath, “Just tell me how to win back Jae Jae, Channie hyung~” he added in a sweet voice.

“Yah! You’re making me sick with that syrupy tone,” said Himchan, half-joking. “Why the hell would you want to win Youngjae back anyways? You don’t deserve him.”

“Because I love him, Channie. I am so in love with my Jae baby and I am lucky that the most adorable boy alive returns my feelings. He is cute and seductive, sweet and capricious, innocent and y. You can say that I don’t deserve him, but this perfect being never loved anyone else than me.” Daehyun affirmed like it was the most natural reply to give.

“Wait a second, who said he was your Jae baby in the first place?”

“Huh? Kim Himchan, it’s not the right timing to hit on Youngjae. You know he’s mine, so stay away from him or I’ll tear up that pretty face of yours,” warned Daehyun.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that.” Himchan smiled sadly. “Look, Daehyun, I’m not interested in Youngjae. But that doesn’t mean no one else is.”

Daehyun’s head spun and his whole life flashed before his eyes.

“P-pardon?”

“You are not the only one who claims Youngjae to be his.” Himchan paused, and then enunciated each word at a deadly slow pace. “Apparently, another boy is dating that crush of yours.”

 


 

OMO! Finally I am done with this chapter!! The next one should be uploaded in a week or so, and sorry for having kept you guys waiting for this one (if you actually were interested in this fic and waiting for the update > <)

I was listening to Daesung’s “Baby Don’t Cry” on repeat while writing this chapter. b( ̄▽ ̄)d Daesung’s voice makes me melt~~ especially in Monster and this song, I can’t get enough of his strong, angelic voice. Same goes for Youngjae. “Save Me” is one on B.A.P.’s songs that are less known but Youngjae’s part is amazing … “Save me oh save me and be careful I’m like fire.” ( ▼-▼ ) I cry every time.

Please comment and criticize my writing <3