On Guard, my dear Friend ! -

The Toy Maker

"Commoners are not to be spoken to. Do you understand that ?"

"Ah ! You seriously irritate me with those judging words !" Hyomin yelped at her father, before running off and slamming the door shut. The sound of the door closing echoed across his office. He rubbed his forehead, sighing at his daughter's atrocious behavior.

---

"Who does he think he is ?! I don't care, rich or poor. I can talk to whomever I want !" Hyomin angrily thought to herself, busily walked down the bustling streets towards Qri's store. "Maybe, she'll know what to say." Hyomin talked to herself, making her way to her destination.

---

She opened the door to the art store, a tiny jingle of a bell following along. "Qri ? Lee Qri ? You here ??" She poked her head inside the store and saw bunches of magnificent paintings neatly stacked on the floor or framed up.

"What is it, Hyominnie ?" Her voice came from the corner of the place. Hyomin turned her head to see Qri's back towards her. She was sitting on a chair, a palette in one hand and a brush with the other, a huge canvas with a half-done painting was in front of her. "Fought with your dad, again ?" Qri chuckled and turned around, revealing paint smeared all over her face and white buttoned shirt. Hyomin gave an apologetic smile, "Yeah, am I bothering you ?"

"No, no. I'll just finish this tomorrow." Qri got up from her seat, stretching her arms and revealing even paint stains on her arms. "So what, what happened ?"

Hyomin gave an angry sigh and folded her arms, "Gah, he's being really unfair on who I communicate with." She shivered at just remembering how aggravated she was at him. Qri noticed her friend's jittery movements and quickly thought, eventually knowing just what to say to relieve Hyomin from her displeased state,

"Want to fence ?"

---

"On guard, Park Hyomin." Qri chuckled at her friend, as she held up her weapon and pointed it towards Hyomin. She smiled back and challenged Qri, "Not while holding your sabre like that !" Hyomin lunged forward, ing the rapier towards Qri's chest. In almost a lightening speed, she parried the attack and slapped the blade away with her own sword. "Oh, so you want to play like that ? Hyomin questioned her and started to shower the girl with sudden attacks.

"Ha ! You're funny, if you think you can win with those reckless moves !" Qri shouted back, blocking Hyomin's vicious attacks. The duo clashed their rapiers together, making metallic noises.

"Don't be so hasty ! You look like a stupid rabbit, jumping around like that !" Hyomin teased, as she parried one of Qri's lunges. The two moved quick, jumping back and forth to avoid any hits.

"Try and get me, dear friend."

"Be quiet."

The sounds of their sabres scraping and clanging against eachother spread across the practice room. The more Qri avoided being touched by the tip of the sabre, the more Hyomin put effort into making a strategy. They plunged their swords together, making an x in the air.

Their breaths were hitched and they stared into eachother's eyes. "Give up ? You simply can't beat me." Qri insisted playfully, whipping the blade to her side and watching Hyomin lower hers in a calm manner. "So what ? Tell me. Who is this commoner that appeared before you ?" She asked, bringing up her weapon once more, ing the sword at Hyomin. She swiftly dodged the attack and responded normally, "This newsgirl. She was so nice, but I think my dad scared the living hell outta her. It was pretty cute to see her so intimidated, though." Hyomin giggled, now getting used to the fast pace of this match.

She could tell Qri was getting tired, as she was carelessly making wrong steps and leaving almost open target areas. She parried Qri's lunge and as there blades clashed together, Hyomin flicked her wrist, causing Qri to lose balance and grip. Her rapier swung up in the air and her legs gave to the momentum, making her tumble to the floor on her back.

"I win." Hyomin triumphantly grinned, lightly touching the blunt end of her sabre to Qri's chest. Qri watched her sword fall back down and make a loud crash, giving Hyomin a friendly chuckle.

"I guess I've lost, dear friend."

---