Remember that Day ? -

The Toy Maker

Her cheeks felt like as if fire was grazing against it. There, standing by the huge maple door, was this girl so beautiful. NOTHING that she's ever seen. Just flawless, as if she was carved from pure white marble. Eunjung's feet froze to the ground, her hands clutched the newspaper even more.

"Can. . can I help you ?" The girl politely asked, tilting her head.

"Who is that ?" A deep gruff voice came from behind her. The door was pushed open farther, a shadow suddenly overwhelmed the two. Eunjung looked up, revealing a man clad in a suit that costs probably her yearly salary. He was tall and scary-looking with these dark beady eyes that glared down at Eunjung. She hesitated for a moment, surprised at the man's sudden appearance.

"It's just the newsgirl, dad." The girl looked up at her father in a huffy expression, annoyed at how he always makes a abrupt welcoming.

"Uhm. . uh. . y-your newspaper, sir !" She held out the neatly rolled up parchment, gulping as he solemnly stared at her up and down. Eunjung nervously darted her eyes from the man, the girl, and to the floor. She noticed how scawny and untidy she looked, compared to the well-dressed pair. A newsboy cap, rolled up sleeves, worn out suspenders, pants with knee patches, and ankle boots with one of the laces left untied. . how embarrassing.

The girl reached her hand out and lightly touched the newspaper, just barely brushing her delicate fingers against Eunjung's. She held her breath, as the newspaper slipped off her hands and wrapped in the girl's hands. Not wanting to be at her father's presence, she quickly said,

"T-thank you. . have a good day !" She gently grabbed the bill of her oversized cap, giving them a shy farewell.

"No, no. Thank you ! See you next time." The girl respectively remarked, her golden yellow eyes glinted back happily. She chuckled to herself as she watched Eunjung cutely scurry her way off their porch and vast garden of wild flowers.

Eunjung adjusted her suspenders and grabbed her brown leather backpack that she had left by the gate of the mansion. The top flap of the bag had the newly printed newspapers poking out. The man really intimidated her too well, her heart was beating so fast that it hurt. She grabbed her shirt around the chest and walked along the busy streets.

Her mind debating whether it was actually from the monster-like man or his gorgeous maiden daughter.

---

"Sooooooooooooyeon ! Soyeon !" Eunjung bursted through the glass doors, bumping into several tables to her long-awaited friend.

Soyeon looked at the girl running to her in a desperate fashion. The customers didn't seem to mind much of the fussy girl. They just drank their coffees in silence and carried on with whatever conversations they were having.

"What ? Whaaaat ??" Soyeon crossed her arms and watched Eunjung halt in front of her.

"I. . I. . ." Eunjung leaned forward, hands on her knees as she tried catching her breath. "You. . you what ?" Soyeon tilted her head and raised an eyebrow, amused by her actions.

"I saw. . I saw, this girl. She. . she. . was BEAUTIFUL." Eunjung grabbed Soyeon's shoulders and shook it back and forth. Her head bobbed along, as she sighed, "THAT'S why you busted in here like that ??"

"No, Soyeon. You don't understand." Eunjung walked her way to an empty table, sitting on a chair and patting the other chair for Soyeon to sit on. "She was something else. Something way else." She continued.

"What's her name ?" Soyeon asked, skeptical about Eunjung's judgements. "Uhm. . You know that toy company that's wildly popular ? I can't remember the name. . " Eunjung put her hand on her chin and looked up at the ceiling, gesturing a thinking pose. Soyeon's eyes widened, "Woah, you mean the Park Toy Corps. ???"

"Yeah, them !" She pointed her index finger at Soyeon, as she said the company name. "Woah. . don't tell me you love the heir. ." Soyeon chuckled, obviously knowing that Eunjung has definitely fallen for that upperclass woman. Eunjung swayed her head at Soyeon, looking at her curiously. "Wha ? What do you mean by that ?" She asked her, only to be given a letdown of a response. "Jungie, she's the heir of the richest company in Great Britian. Look at you and look at her. See what I mean ??" Soyeon tried reasoning to protect her, only causing her to feel slightly offended.

"No. No, I don't see what you mean." Eunjung disagreed and puffed a cheek.

"Okay, fine. That girl you're talking about. . her name is Park Hyomin. She's the only child of that family and the next in line to take over. Her family is way beyond strict and all about discipline. They're so indulged in luxury, they think looking at a commoner, taints their very pride. Pretty messed up, right ?" Soyeon explained.

"She seems so innocent and kind, though. . " Eunjung fiddled with a strap of her suspenders, trying not to imagine this Hyomin girl to be some savage. "Well yeah. . I've seen her before. She picks up bread every now and then from the bakery across the street."

"Weren't you like me, when you first saw her ???!!!" Eunjung spat at the girl in disbelief, surprised at Soyeon's mild reaction to knowing Hyomin's existence for awhile now.

"In a way, I thought she was pretty. But no. Besides, that baker girl across the street is totally cute." She gave Eunjung a pursed smile, responded back with a "Ohhhhhh. I see."