The Rain Has Fallen

The Rain Has Fallen

                "I don't understand," Hoseok said while shaking his head. The atmosphere was not the same as he walked into the room she once slept in. It was cold and abnormal. He looked around her room: clean, neat, made. He sat on her bed; the smell of her perfume she once wore was still there. The closet stood in front, her clothes left untouched. Like she'd been living there the entire time. But no, she wasn't. She was already long gone.

                She came into Hoseok's life like the summer's first quiet drop of rain. It was unexpected. He needed water in this drought of his. "Sorry. I'll just stay here for a few days if that's okay," she told him. Without hesitation, he let her in his life not knowing what she would leave him feeling.

                Days became weeks, weeks became months, and then months became a year. Hoseok didn't mind though. He enjoyed having her with him. Before he met her, nothing in his life was audible. But with her everything was. And now with her gone it was neither.

                Hoseok remembered the first and last letter she wrote him. It was the first year since she had stayed with him. Laughter filled the room as he read, "I know I said only a few days when I came, but I promise I'll be out by next week!" But the thing he remembered most about the letter was her calligraphy. It was beautiful and magnificent. She could have her own font, Hoseok thought to himself.

                The first year spent with her was the most wondrous year, the most amazing twelve months, the most memorable 365 days Hoseok could ever have.

                "Can I ask you something, Hoseok?" she asked as they were in the park, a week after she handed him the letter. He nodded, "Of course."

                She stopped in her tracks and looked him in his eyes, "Will you remember me?"

                Hoseok took notice of her shimmering chocolate eyes and replied, "Of course I will. I will for forever." She smiled back at him, content with his answer.

                That was the last time Hoseok saw her. It's been six months and she hasn't come back to get her belongings. Many times he thought of her, but never worried about her. In his heart, he knew there was nothing to fear.

                But she left so suddenly, like the wind just passing through. He didn't realize the impact she made on him until after she was gone. Hoseok wondered, "How could she leave me without saying goodbye?" But as he lay in the bed she once slept in, he realized, she had already said her goodbye. Once in the letter and the second in the park.

                Hoseok got up from the bed, took her clothes from the closet, folded her bed sheets and put them all into boxes. It was time for Hoseok to say goodbye like her. It was finally the time that his heart and mind accepted that she was gone. Just like the rain that came when she first arrived had already fallen.

 

 


 

 

Well, well. This is the end of this. As I wrote in the foreword, it is a very short one-shot. I hope you guys understood that this one-shot is about closure. And I hope I was able to convey that.

I made a sad Hobi. #sorrynotsorry

Honestly, I feel very bleh about this, but I also kind of like it at the same time. Hmmm, maybe it's just because I'm very critical with my writing... Anyways, thank you for reading! & thanks to my awesome subscribers!! Until whenever ^^~

RAW VERSION LIVE

^also click the above link to hear the emotions felt by Hongki (because why not hongki is amajjang)