Birthday Party Part 2

Why So Serious?

Bang…Bang…Bang…Bang…

Taemin groaned, a shaking hand coming to rest on his temple. Was someone playing drums in his room while he was trying to sleep?

Bang…Bang…Bang…Bang…

Nope, someone was definitely playing drums INSIDE his head. Groaning again, the newly turned 21-year-old rolled over, trying to stifle the impending doom in his head, but the movement only caused his stomach to churn uncomfortably with nausea. Rain pattered relentlessly against his window beside the bed, a clap of thunder every now and again doing nothing to help his headache.

Finally deciding to face the world, Taemin slowly blinked his eyes open, a small pill and a glass of water instantly entering his vision. Slowly but surely, Taemin pushed himself up into a sitting position, being careful not to jog his upset stomach, letting out a small moan as his head span dangerously.

Was he getting sick again? It wasn’t too long ago he’d only just recovered. He didn’t think he could handle getting sick again.

Looking back over at the pill and water, he noticed a little yellow post it note… therefore, he picked it up, squinting to read the chicken scratch on it.

“Enjoy, pabo! I bet your head will hurt a lot when you wake up! Have an Asprin! -Jinki”

So Jinki knew his head was going to hurt when he woke up…why was that?

Then the memories of the previous night came flooding back. The shots war with Jongin, what seemed like a bottomless drink in his hand since it kept getting refilled by various idols, the loud music, dizzying light shows…his 21st birthday had been the day before.

‘So that’s why I’m feeling so rough,’ Taemin reasoned through the pounding that still refused to leave. ‘I’m hungover as hell…I don’t remember coming home though, the other members must have helped me. Aish… having memory gaps .’

Picking up the small pill, Taemin threw it in his mouth and took a large swig of the water, swallowing the medication easily just as a gentle knock came from his bedroom door.

“Ah?” Taemin asked, flinching at how whining and weak his voice sounded.

“Oh, good, you’re awake!” The door opened, Jinki and Minho standing in the doorway with a small plate in Minho’s hands. Jinki just grinned over at him, his silly little eye-smile causing Taemin’s heart to flutter uncomfortably… or was that just nausea at the sight of the thick, sugary icing on top of the rich chocolate cake on the plate.

“Oh god, please, take it away.” Taemin groaned, which appeared to be a massive part of his vocabulary recently, while turning away from the doorway, covering his mouth just in case his stomach did decide to rebel.

“Oops, sorry, nausea, right.” Minho rambled, before hurrying away with the cake, probably back into the kitchen. Key would probably eat it if Taemin didn’t.

“Sorry, Taemin-ah, you didn’t get any cake yesterday so we decided to surprise you! I don’t think we thought that through very well though…” Jinki grinned, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, before walking into the bedroom and sitting on the end of the bed beside Taemin, causing the younger to moan weakly as his stomach churned again at the movement. “You’re a pabo, you know that? Silly Maknae, you shouldn’t have drank so much. Then again, Key and Jonghyun did too. They were almost as comatose as you when they finally got back last night. They should know better though. Pabos. All of you. All of my dongsaengs are pabos.”

“Jinki-hyung,” Taemin sighed, leaning over and resting his sore head on Jinki’s comforting shoulder. “You’re rambling again.”

“Ah, right, sorry. You know I’m right though, Taemin-ah, you shouldn’t have drank so much. I bet you have a hangover from hell right now.” Jinki’s grin still didn’t fade. Taemin was beginning to get a little suspicious.

“What’s all that smiling about…? You haven’t dropped that smile once since coming in here…is there a practical joke set up for me outside my room? Aish! Jinki-hyung I hurt don’t be so mean! Go away and don’t come any closer or I’ll rip your peepee off with my toenail!”

Jinki still just grinned, his eyes crinkling cutely. “You weren’t telling me to go away last night, quite the opposite actually. Also, don’t be so rude.” The leader hit Taemin lightly on the side of the head as punishment.

“Hey! I said peepee, not d-”

Another hit.

“Don’t you dare.”

“Sorry Jinki-hyung…wait, what do you mean I was telling you the opposite last night? Did I say something?”

Onew’s smile, although it didn’t appear to be possible, grew. “Oh, let’s just say you’re a very truthful and affectionate drunk.”

Taemin frowned a little, pulling up his hand to push his black bangs out of the way. They were getting long a little annoying. “So I was funny? That’s why you’re smiling like a moron?”

“Oh, you were a lot more than funny, Taemin-ah.” Key sang from the doorway, seemingly as bright eyed and bushy tailed as always despite how drunk Onew said he had been. Then again, Key was more used to alcohol than the maknae was. “However, I am quite offended.”

“Offended, Kibum-hyung?” Taemin asked, sighing slightly in envy of Key’s completely non-hungover state.

“You didn’t tell me about your insane crush on Jinki-hyung. Really, you’re such a silly maknae. I thought best friends told each other everything!”

The usually amber-skinned boy had turned scarlet, the blush reaching all the way to the tip of his ears as he faceplanted into his pillow, mumbling “No, no, no, no, no, no, no…” To himself, ignoring the way Key burst into a fit of laughter and Jinki chuckled.

“May as well man up to it now, Tae-MAN, you made your feelings known last night, there is no hiding it now.” Key managed to get out through giggles, rubbing at his makeup-less eyes to rid of the tears that had formed. “Ah, make me laugh like that more Taemin, I’ll get abs at this rate.”

“W-what did I do?” Taemin stuttered from in his pillow, the words muffled but still understandable.

“Well…to make a long story short, you told me I was your favourite then you kissed me.”

“K-Kissed you?!”

“Right on the lips.”

“Gah! Jinki-hyung I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!”

“Hey, Taemin, calm down and listen to me.” Jinki dropped the smile from his face, leaning over as Taemin sat up, getting as close to Taemin’s ear as possible to whisper into it.

“…I wanna kiss you, wanna kiss you, wanna kiss~” He sang joyfully, before grabbing Taemin by the shoulders and planting a gentle kiss on his forehead.


----

Short sequel, which I believe might be longer than the first chapter, as requested by XenexianAG... :'3 Writing about hungover Taemin gave me a headache... but yay, more OnTae!