Birthday Party

Why So Serious?

“Come on now, Taemin-ah, that’s enough.” Jinki sighed, grabbing hold of the younger’s arm as he lost his balance. “It’s getting really late now. We should be heading back.”

“But hyung,” Taemin whined, looking up at Onew with big, doe eyes that were slightly glazed from alcohol. “We don’t have schedule tomorrow! We should celebrate!”

“We only don’t have schedule because Manager-hyung knows how much of a headache you’re going to have in the morning, and a hungover, grumpy Taemin wouldn’t exactly serve your image well. The innocent maknae, remember?”

Kai scoffed somewhere to Onew’s left, causing him to turn to face him, still supporting Taemin. “Taemin-hyung hasn’t been innocent for years now, I’d know that better than anyone.”

“Heyyyyy...” Taemin slurred, throwing a weak punch at Kai’s head. “I’m innocent..!”

“Right, whatever you say, Taeminnie.”Jongin took a sip of his beer, mischief twinkling deep in the dark pits of his soul.

“You’re mean, Jongie.”

“I know.”

“Jinki,” Another voice called over the sound of loud music, causing the poor man to whip around again, trying to locate the owner while trying to keep Taemin upright. The maknae groaned from his arms at the sudden movement.

“Henry-hyung,” The male in question smiled as he approached.

“It’s almost 2am, maybe you should get Taemin back to the dorm as you can’t drink anyway with the antibiotics you’re on anyway... and Taemin is completely gone anyway. I’ll let Key, Minho and Jjong know where you’ve gone, I think Key and Jjong are having a shots battle right now anyway. Really though, those two will get themselves killed.”

“Nooooo,” Taemin whined again, pushing away from Onew and attempting to stand up straight, only to sway dangerously. “It’s my 21st, I wanna drink!”

“Technically,” Henry grinned, wiggling his eyebrows. “It’s no longer your 21st. Taemin you’re wasted and your head is going to kill in the morning. Let your Jinki-hyung take you home.”

Taemin pouted. “Fineeeee.”

“There we go, thanks, Henry.” Onew bowed slightly before taking Taemin’s arm and pulling him out of the hall that SM had supplied them with. A lot of people had turned up to celebrate Taemin’s 21st with them, including the girls of F(x) and SNSD, EXO, Super Junior...and Taemin hadn’t been sober since about noon so probably had no idea that he was so popular.

Jinki let himself smile a little at the thought. Taemin was finally growing up, he’d come of age. He was no longer the shy little boy that Jinki had met when they were still trainees, he was a man, old enough to stand on his own two feet, as he had shown with the amount of work he was putting in to his upcoming solo album...

“Come on, Taeminnie, let’s go, okay?”

Taemin mumbled something intelligible in response.

Onew pulled Taemin’s left arm over his shoulder, supporting him while making sure he doesn’t fall over, and began to walk, listening to Taemin’s nonsensical, drunken mumblings, smiling slightly to himself at the childishness of it all...well, that is until something caught his attention.

“Jinki-hyng, you’re the bestest, you know that? You’re my bestest friend ever. I love you lots and lots. You’re my favourite, you know. My favouritest bestest best friend ever.”

Jinki couldn’t help but grin, but kept quiet. Taemin always did get a bit over-affectionate when tired; turns out he was an over-affectionate drunk too.

Taemin then decided walking wasn’t good enough and dug his heels into the soil below their feet. “Jinki-hyung, honestly, you’re the bestest. Bestest, bestest, bestest and I love you lots and lots like jelly tots!” The maknae squealed, jumping a little on the spot(Not without a dangerous lurch that had Onew flinching and grabbing his arm to make sure he didn’t collapse), then put his hands on either side of Jinki’s face and placed his sloppy, uncoordinated lips onto his leader’s. Jinki froze in place.

Taemin stayed like that for several, long moments, kissing Jinki messily before pulling away and grinning...then his face fell slack. “Sleepy.” Was all Taemin muttered before his legs gave way and almost sent the two crashing to the ground.

“T-Taemin?” Onew stuttered as he hoisted Taemin’s now limp body up.

He was answered with a small snore.

Jinki smiled a little, leaning down and nuzzling the side of Taemin’s face. “Pabo.”

----

Just a short little OnTae thing I felt like doing for one of my best friends, XenexianAG :'3 Taeminnie is a silly drunk...

Also this is only like 700 words and its literally taken me 6 hours to write because I kept getting distracted with SHINee fancams god damn it.