New Life

TEARDROPS TO LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A year after

Jieun had just arrived at home after a tiring day at school when her mother called her, “Jieun. We need to have a talk.” The woman motioned to her daughter to come near. Jieun stops her track, turning her body towards her mother. She really does not want to face her mother right now because she is exhausted and she just hated it to see her mother since the day her father had die.
But, she eventually takes a step to the living room instead of her room upstairs. She tries her best to avoid any eye contacts with her mother; she looks around the living room except to her mother. Mrs. Kang lets out a soft sigh which Jieun could barely hear.

“Sweety, I know what you are thinking these days. I know you blame me about what happened. But, sweety, I—“
“Mom, I’m tired of this. I really don’t feel like talking about this matter. You know I hate it.” Jieun interrupts and still trying her best to avoid having eye contacts with her mother’s gazes.

Mrs. Kang once again lets out a sigh, a heavy one this time. She does not know what else to do to make her one and only daughter treats her like she used to be. Ever since her husband died, all that she has done was sighing and sighing and sighing when she knows she only has Jieun left by her side in this world and she really wants to the best mother for her daughter, though she knows it is going to be tough but she is still willing to do it because she loves her daughter more than life itself. She looks to her daughter, Kang Jieun. She misses the old Jieun. She misses her laughter, her sweet adorable smile. She looks at her with a longing of a mother to her only daughter.

“We are going back to Seoul tomorrow.” Mrs. Kang blurts. She pauses, waiting for Jieun’s reaction to her statements. As expected, Jieun shifts her head to her, eyes widening in surprise. “W-What do you mean?” She stutters, it is all she could manage to ask.
“It’s one of your father’s wills. He wants us both to go back to his hometown and live there. And, I’ve told you already. We are leaving tomorrow.” Mrs. Kang says in a somewhat unusual tone.
“But, that’s not fair! I don’t want to live there. I hate it there. I want to stay here with Dad. Don’t you get it?” Jieun eventually cannot control her mixed feelings. She bursts out her anger without knowing why. She still believes that her father needs her as much as she needs him so she thought she needs to stay rather than leaving to Seoul.

“What do you expect me to do, Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter