Death

TEARDROPS TO LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A year before

“C’mon, sweety. Let get back home. It looks like the rain’s gonna pour.” A middle age woman dressed in all black. She embraces a teenage girl, her daughter next to her. The girl shakes her head with tears trickle down to her soft cheeks.
“No. I don’t want to leave dad.” She answered, shaking her head again. Her teardrops fall down to the ground. She is crying her heart out. She kneels down, unconcern that the rain is starting to pour above her.
“Daddy…” She called, with a husky voice between her cries. Her visions are blurry, she couldn’t see anything properly. "Jieun, let’s go, honey. I don’t want you to get sick.” Her mother kneeled down next to her.
Jieun gazes up to meet her mother’s stares. Anger starts to fill her insides once she caught her mother’s eyes. It’s your fault, mom.
“Leave me alone… With dad.” She answered, trying to hold onto her anger before it explodes. “Sweety—“
“I said, leave.me.alone. Just go, mom.” She clenched her teeth between her anger, giving her mother a glare.
The lady doesn’t say anything. She sighs softly, knowing that her only daughter’s stubbornness and she walks away, living Jieun alone in the cemetery.

The rain is pouring heavily but Jieun doesn’t even care about it even though she is soaking wet. She keeps on staring to her father’s grave in front of her. It happens so fast. The fights, the arguments, the shouts, the screams, the cries leading to a death.
“Dad.. It’s my birthday today. Why did you choose to go away on this day? I’m 18 now. Don’t you feel proud? Don’t you want to see your daughter? Daddy…”.

Jieun closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. The images of her parents’ last argument emerge to her mind like some kind of a video. The flashbacks made her anger rises. She feels so mad that she wants to scream all of the anger to the world. She hates her; she hates her mother.

FLASHBACK

(Jieun’s POV)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter