Trouble

Beneath the Mask

“Yo, Myungsoo, why so gloomy?” Hoya asked with pouty lips, mocking L.

 

“No, it's just..” he hesitated, “the new girl? She.. she seems to have this aura I can't grasp. One moment she seems intimidating and the next she's just like any other girl.” he messed his hair in frustration.

 

“Wait a second, what is this? Only the first day and you're in love?” Woohyun joked.

 

Myungsoo sighed. “You'll understand when you meet her.” He was determined that she was different—bizarre even.

 

*

 

Jiyeon stood up to stretch, she could still hear her new classmates whispering—mumbling—muttering whatever you'd call it—to themselves about her.

 

“Don't look at her! She probably pissed L off.. he won't forgive her! Even if she's a girl...”

“He'll definitely find some way to torture her!”

“Don't get involved!”

“He won't back down so easily.”

And so on.

 

Jiyeon smirked to herself as she walked out of the classroom. Yeah, me either.

 

As she walked down the hallway towards the cafeteria, she noticed people staring at her—mostly scared, but some of admiration. Okay, this is getting out of hand. I transferred schools to stay out of the radar, geez.

 

She was contemplating on whether to confront Myungsoo before she knocked into someone.

 

“Oh dear! I'm sorry.” She looked up only to see L. Speak of the devil.

 

“Look where you're going.” He glared at her, though he didn't look too irritated—almost as if he was knocked out of his thoughts like her.

 

Before he could walk away, Jiyeon called out, “Wait! Uh.. if you don't mind, could we talk for a moment?”

 

*

 

“What do you want?” He sighed and leaned against the side of the wall. They were at the back of the school where there were usually no one. He eyed her suspiciously with a raised brow.

 

“I was just wondering if you would, you know—WATCH OUT!” Jiyeon pulled Myungsoo away as a metal bat barely misses his head.

 

“What the..” Myungsoo groaned before looking up to see a group of tough-looking boys from the other school nearby.

“Told you we'd be back for revenge.” One of the boys with a cast on his left arm and the bat in his right walked out and glared at Myungsoo.

 

So much for staying out of trouble. Jiyeon shook her head and sighed to herself.

 

Why am I not surprised?

 

--

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT! <3 

I'll try to update as much and as soon as I possibly can! (: