Story

Wolf

Beware of the Wolf.

Miya has heard it all her years growing up. She's heard the stories of the people who go missing. Yet as years go by she ceases to really believe in it and begins to treat it like the stuff of fairytales, like the rabbit in the moon, only a with a bit more teeth and claws. 

She doesn't really bother with the stories much, working as late as she pleases in the market selling the fresh fruits and flowers from her father's farm. Occasionally they manage a few jars of honey. 

"I'm heading home, are you sure you don't want to come?" Jongdae asks, peering in through the window. "I could give you a ride home." His horse neighs outside in perfect timing. Miya smiles at the offer but shakes her head. 

"I'm good, thanks." 

"Sure? It looks like rain... It'll get dark earlier than usual." 

"I'm fine, head on home, I'll go once I've closed up." Jongdae purses his lips, unsure of what to do. 

"You've heard the stories Mi—"

"They're just stories," she laughs. "Stories my grandmother used to tell me to keep me out of the forest. Go home Jongdae, I'll be fine." 

Much after everyone has closed shop and left for their homes, Miya finally finishes meticulously arranging anything that's not been sold to keep it safe from the insects. Satisfied with her handiwork, she locks the iron door after her, tucking the keys into a little pocket in her dress. Then she hitches her skirt and starts on her walk home. 

The town is usually quietening down by the time Miya walks home, and she enjoys the peaceful solitude. The skies aren't quite dark just yet and the dim glow cast by the fading twilight over the settling fog turns the empty roads and the forests beside them magical— and a little eerie. 

Not a long way from home, there is a path that cuts through a portion of the forest, not that it disappears completely but that there is a bit of forest to cross before the path resumes on grasslands again. Miya walks through it as always, occasionally pausing to pluck a flower or two to bring home to her mother. 

It begins to drizzle and the mist like droplets fall upon her face as she looks up. She's always loved the rains. She enjoys the smell of the wet earth and the feel of the water running down her face—

Snap.

Miya frowns, looking around her, then chides herself for worrying about what would probably be a woodland creature. 

Snap

This time it's louder, far more distinct and closer than before. Miya gulps. The sounds of the first have died away for some reason, leaving her with nothing to hear but the sound of her nervous breathing, and a soft rustle of the leaves not too far away. Miya, steps back slowly, wanting to avoid whatever it was that was quietly but surely approaching her. She turns around and breaks into a fast walk, but the rustling gets louder, as does the fast snapping of twigs and dried leaves underfoot. Panic and fear begin to overtake her mind as do all the stories her grandmother had ever told her. Her eyes begin to water she she breaks into a quick run, not knowing which direction she's headed in, only forward, until her foot catches on a vine and she falls, sprawling on the forest floor. 

She curls up on the damp soil, screwing her eyes shut as she grabs fistfuls of earth to fling at whatever animal it is. But the forest is quiet again. She can't hear anything— except her own gasping breaths.... and that of someone else's. 

For a while she lies there, rationalizing with herself that if it was an animal it would have pounced upon her vulnerable back already. Then she lifts her head slowly to  find nothing before her. She sits up in surprise, dusting the front of her dress in vain because the rain has progressed beyond a drizzle and she's splattered with mud. She picks herself up.

Snap

This time it's right behind her so Miya shrieks in a high pitched voice that she's never known to be her own before backing into the nearest tree. 

Kim Joonmyun

Even in the fast fading light, his pale skin seems almost translucent as he watches her unabashedly from a small distance away. Miya gulps as his dark eyes wander over her figure, coming to rest on her own. Kim Joonmyun, the farm help on her father's farm, she's always had a weakness for him. 

"Did you.... were you following me...?" 

No response. 

"Were you the one who..." Miya swallows, not knowing what to do in the face of someone who looked like they might bolt if you yelled at them too loud. "Should we... head home now...?" To be fair she's always known Joonmyun to stare at her silently if she ever did pass him, watching her but never saying so much as a word to her. She's heard his voice but once, hearing its soft murmurs as he spoke to her father. She'd fallen asleep imagining that voice singing to her, soft and soothing, several nights after that.

She falls in step beside Joonmyun as he begins to lead her away, occasionally sneaking glances at the firm jaws, the untamed hair and the softness of the eyes. 

"Joonmyun..." She starts, hoping to make conversation but loses her voice when he turns to look at her. 

"Yes?" 

Miya almost stops from the quiet, low sound of his voice beside her. She gulps yet again, ignoring the faint thud of her heart in her ears.

"I umm... don't you think it's odd there's almost no sound in the forest today?" 

"They say the animals know that the wolf is here, so they hide themselves in fear." 

His voice is so calm, so steady and yet so assured that she almost finds herself believing in him. 

"Do-don't tell me you believe in that too," she laughs nervously. Joonmyun turns around to her and smiles, but doesn't say a word.

The last streaks of light die out from the sky and Miya unknowingly edges closer to Joonmyun.

"This road... It's taking too long..." In the near darkness of the moonless dusk her sense of direction is lost and she wonders if they are too. "Joonmyun do you know the way...?" The rain falls upon her in torrents now, and she clings to Joonmyun's arm in hopes of some warmth. She's soaked to the bone. Her clothes are heavy and uncomfortable to walk in. Her hair sticks to her back and her eyes become blurry with rainwater. "Joonmyun!" She digs her heels into the wet mud, halting the both of them. "This doesn't seem like the way home!" 

"I know it isn't." 

There's a strange hardness in his voice, and in the near dark of the forest, his eyes almost glow like dying embers. Something inside Miya dies as she stares into the eyes that don't seem human anymore. 

"J-joon....myun.... You're scaring me...." 

"You should be," he his head to a side, studying her with piqued interest. "Didn't they ever tell you to beware of the wolf?" Miya staggers backwards, prevented from bolting by the sudden arm around her waist. "Didn't they ever tell you not to go into the forest after dark?" His lips spread into a smirk that colors his voice. "I suppose they did, but you were to brave to care. Look at you now, my little brave shopgirl." Miya quails against his chest, ducking her head low and not daring to argue with the taunts. 

"I don't know what you're talking about..." She ventures in a small voice. Joonmyun tightens the hold around her waist. 

"I think you do." He trails a finger down her cheeks and her neck, pushing the wet hair back, exposing the skin. Miya turns rigid in shock, holding her breath and screwing her eyes shut. Joonmyun breaks out into a low chuckle. "You think I'm going to kill you now?" Miya gulps visibly. "That would waste everything. No," he croons softly into her ears. "Not just yet." Miya dares look up at the carnal eyes and the tongue that flicks out and the sharp canines. When did Joonmyun get such vulpine canines...? She wouldn't know, she's never seen him this close. 

Miya stares, entranced, gaze held captive by Joonmyun's hungry one. She probably wouldn't be able to stand if not for the muscular arms wrapped around her waist. He lightly grazes the wet skin on her neck, and Miya feels his smirk against her skin as she shivers. It's the cold... and for some reason, in spite of impending death, she's attracted to him.  His lips trail up the side of her neck, and on her jaw, canines scraping against her smooth skin. Joonmyun tightens his hold on her waist while she whimpers, afraid to make half a move, trembling as he pulls back and stares into her yes. 

"Almost a years worth of waiting, and hunting those pathetic humans, finally..." He doesn't finish, choosing to roughly pull her towards his, biting down on her lips with his own, bunching up the back of her dress in his hands. Miya feels breathless against the firm chest and the iron prison that is his hold. His kisses are hungry, feverish, barely leaving her with room to breathe, leaving her lips raw and almost bleeding. She trembles as his hands caress her cheeks before cupping them and pressing his lips on hers again and then again and again till she can't remember anything that isn't Joonmyun. His teeth sharply tug at her lower lip, earning a muffled gasp. She knows she isn't going home, not tonight, not ever.

She's terrified for her life. 

Joonmyun doesn't care. 

He's waited far too long, staring at her from the shadows, going after foolish lowlifes in order to satiate himself. Not tonight. Tonight he has no reason to hold back. Tomorrow he'll be gone from the town, and Miya from the world, but tonight, she's his, and his alone. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm not sure what that was so..... yeeeaaaahhh..... ^^;; I'llleavenowbye!! *hides under blanket of shame*