CHAPTER 1

Chasing The Rainbow

CHAPTER 1

“Why do I have to do all of this, ishh, it must be that little hooker,” So Hee mutters her anger for having to wash all the dishes on her own. That's what she has to do since her co-worker left early. “Selling off your freaking face, that freaking silicon s. Hooker!” She's really angry with the fact that her co-worker seduced her boss to leave early. She won't do that of course,wasting her pretty face and becomes a cheap little hooker. With her porcelain white skin and the doe eyes and the sharp, perfectly shaped nose, she could get anyone she want. But she isn't like that. Working at this cafe isn't exactly her choice of life, how long is she going to continue living like this. She has no idea. Well this is better than staying at home listening to her mom bragging about her stupid brother, Se Hun. Oh Se Hun. That name has been haunted her. “Look at your brother, you should be like him.” , “Se Hun you are the best student, again” , “I'm so proud of you” blah,blah,blah. Doesn't she have anything else to talk about rather than him. Yes, he is smart and diligent and noble and good and the best and whatever. So Hee has been living under the shadows of her brother for as long as she can remember. Her parents expect her to be as good as him but she can't. She doesn't live up to their expectation and she will never will. She always feel like she is a cancer to her family. Something that is so parasitic and can't be cured. Poor them for having her. But she could careless. She doesn't care of what they think of her. If she is a cancer than let it be, nothing affect her anyways. She's happy with what she is. It's hard to please people with their ignorant mind.

 

“I'm so stressed out right now. This anatomy is killin' me.” Kai groans silently in the library. “Just endure it. There'll be exam. We have no choice.” Se Hun answers silently not wanting to get caught by the librarians. “Seriously Se Hun, you can keep calm. This is eating my brain. There's just too much to memorise.” He wishes he can be like Se Hun, everything seems so easy for him. “Se Hun you're lucky to have 100GB brain. Mine can't even fit 100MB.” A girl sitting at the table let out a sigh, feeling disturbed with Kai's voices.

“Excuse me, silent please. I'm studying here.”

“Then what do you think I'm doing here. Pooping?” Kai shot back at her feeling annoyed.

“You're disgusting”

“I am disgusting. So what? You got problem?”

 

Se Hun quickly leave taking Kai together with him not wanting to make things worse. “I'm sorry miss,” Se Hun apologises to her making her even much more disgusted. “Whatever nerd.” she replied.” “Did you see her face? Don't you dare say that to my friend you little dimwits!” Kai is so sick of her. “Kai stop it.Let's go.”Se Hun drags him out of the library. They enter the loud world again. Indistinct chatter everywhere, even the winds add up to it. “Finally! Out of the hell.” Kai welcomes the loud world. “So, have you handed in your thesis? Today's the date line.” Se Hun asked, he has always been Kai's personal remainder. “Shoot! I forgot, thank lord you remind me.I gotta go now. See ya.” He feels good being around Kai, he never cares about what people think of him. So carefree and so free. He wishes he can be like him. Maybe Kai doesn't know that he is also stressed out with the exam. But he doesn't show it or maybe if he shows it people will think he is faking it cause his result is, well,really good. Studying medicine isn't his option. In fact he never have any options. He just follow everything. Just a follower. Afraid to speak up his own mind. The class is over and he just want to rest at home.

 

Se Hun took his metallic bicycle and starts cycling. His hands keep tucking away a few strands of hair covering his glasses. Aishh...this hair. I need a cap. He hates it when his mushroom hair are constantly brush by the wind. As a guy, he is handsome, but too bad he wastes that good look with his style. He comes across So Hee's cafe and decides to drop by. So Hee is wiping the glass when she sees him. What is he doing here? She hates it when he comes around, what's his problem anyways. He would dropby two or three times a week and sit there for at least an hour. Seriously, who drinks coffee for an hour? Sometimes she would give him a death glare as his cue to leave. Se Hun enters the cafe, holding Clinical Atlas Of Human Anatomy in his hand only to be welcomed by So Hee's scowlling face. He drops his gaze, away from her eyes and go straight to the table. He knows that he isn't welcomed here. She hates it when he shows up.

 

Da Hee a.k.a hooker is going to take Se Hun's order and So Hee quickly stop her. Eventhough no one knows they are sibling she is still embarassed with the way he look. A mushroom hair, grandpa's glasses, oversized turtle sweater and a baggy jeans. He looks like a beggar. “ I'll take his order.” She only go to him,make doodle on a piece of paper pretending to write his order and walk away without waiting for him to say something. She knows what he likes anyways. They used to spend some times at a cafe near their old house when they were small.

 

“Oppa, I want to go there. Please...” little So Hee begged Se Hun. She had been dying to go to the cafe that just opened last week. “I thought you hate it,” little Se Hun asked her. She never liked anything dark and dim. The cafe was a little dim and kind of mysterious, well, to attract the main customers, obviously lovers. Not really a place for these 9 year old kids to hang around. She wanted to see her crush, that's all. Se Hun always ordered the same thing, bubble tea. He has a thing with bubble tea. She kept on looking for her crush but he was nowhere to be seen. In her attempt to meet her crush there, they frequently went to the cafe and sooner became a habit. Finally on their forth visit, she saw him, her crush. She had butterflies everytime they met. She couldn't see him often as they went to different school. She didn't even know his name. Her secret love story finally ended when she hit 13. Her little crush moved away.

 

Se Hun feels kind of happy and somehow proud when his sister knows what he likes. Guess she never forget then. He drinks the bubble tea that she just brought. “I didn't order this!” someone yells from behind. He shifts his head to see what's going on. A guy yells at his sister. He knows him, he is in the same university as him. Definitely not a good person cause a lot of students are annoyed with his behaviour. “I'm really sorry sir,” So Hee bows and apologises to him. “You can't even do this simple job!” This guy really infuriates him, he never yells at his sister, not even once. He gets up from his seat ready to deal with this guy for messing with his sister. Alarm with her brother's action she looks at him and slightly shake her head, not wanting him to interfere. She can handle this. “No wonder you're just a waiter cause' you're freaking stupid!” She tooks his drink and shoves it to his face. Now all eyes are on both of them. “What the..” That guy was speechless. She can't accept what he just said, calling her stupid is too much. He thinks that being waiter mean you're stupid? That guy lifts his hand ready to smack her face but luckily his friend stop him. “Hey, it's okay. Let's go, she's just a girl.” That guy shot a glare at her before storming out. Then she hears her boss. “So Hee, you're fired.”

 

-CHAPTER 1-