Chapter 7

The Kiss Thief

“Mark.” I said as I saw the person behind the roses.

“Hi. I should’ve told you earlier. I’m sorry I lied to you.” He said to me.

I shook my head and told him that it was okay. The only thing that would make me angry is if the thief wasn’t him.

“So, Krystal-ssi, I would like to formally ask you out on a date. I want us to start properly.”  Said Mark.

“Just start from where you left off. It would take too long if you start from the beginning.”

I knew why I told him that, I felt that I already knew him too well to have us start all the way from the beginning.

“Then I should ask you this. Krystal Jung, will you be my girlfriend?”

My heart skipped a beat at his question but I already knew my answer.

“I would be most honored to be your girlfriend Mr. Mark Tuan.”

Mark smiled and hugged me right away. Suddenly, our friends came out from nowhere and cheered for the two of us.

“I knew it was you guys earlier, I recognized your voices, Thank you.” I said to them.

“We should thank you Krystal. We thought that Mark wasn’t even capable of falling in love or being faithful to only one girl. Don’t worry, we made sure that he won’t toy with you.” said Sulli.

I smiled at her and couldn’t help but pull all of them into a group hug. I was really thankful that I found friends like them.

“Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You guys are the best but can you please give me and Krystal some time alone now.”

I felt myself being pulled by the wrist and slowly being dragged away from my friends.

“He never changes.” Said Suzy. And that was the last I saw of them for the day.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Yah! Where are we going?”

I had no idea where me and Mark were going. I just followed him wherever he pulled me and we ended up in his car.

“Somewhere you and  I can be alone.” he said with a smirk.

“Yah! You better not be thinking what I think you’re thinking Mark Tuan.” I replied.

“What if I am?” he said with mischievous eyes.

“Pabo-yah!” I said to him as I covered myself with my arms. He responded with laughter and saying that he was just kidding.

“Krystal wake up.”

I yawned as I heard Mark’s voice. I didn’t realize that I fell asleep. I came out of the car and saw that he brought me to the beach.

“Why are we here?” I asked him.

“I have something to show you. Follow me.”

I followed him and saw that he was leading me up the little hill at the end of the beach. I became confused when he suddenly stopped walking .

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Close your eyes." he replied.

I found it weird that he asked me to close my eyes. But I ended up doing as he told me. I felt his hand on mine and I followed wherever he was pulling me to. Slowly, I realized how I truly felt about Mark. With my eyes closed, I imagined myself in a dark world and Mark was the light that was keeping me grounded. I know it, I really love Mark Tuan.

"Open your eyes."

As I opened my eyes, I found the two of us on top of the hill, looking at the beautiful sunset above the ocean.

"This place is beautiful." I said to him.

He pulled me closer to him and carressed my cheek with his right hand.

"This is where we're going to get married one day."

I was surprised at his mention of marriage. I guess this was his way of telling me that I'm the girl for him.

I smiled at him and hugged him.

"Promise me that the next time we come back here, is the day of our wedding day."

"I promise. But yah! This better not be your way of proposing to me. Besides, we just started our relationship. I still want us to go through the normal things that couples do and then you have to propose to me at the right time." I said to him still hugging him.

I heard him sigh and I lightly chuckled because I found it cute.

"I don't get it. You told me that you wanted us to start where we left off and now you're making me slow down?"

I pulled away from him and made a questioning look and I felt a little disappointed because he just ruined the romantic atmosphere.

"Yah! I just found out that you were my kiss thief and we jsut became boyfriend and girlfriend. Don't you think it's a little too fast for you to be proposing to me already? We haven't even finished school yet." I explained to him. When I saw that he was sulking at me, I scoffed and started to make my way back.

I felt him follow me quietly. For the rest of the way down, neither of us said a word to each other.

We got to the car and before I opened my door, I felt him tug on my hand. I turned to him and made a look that showed I was expecting an apology from him.

He sighed before he finally spoke.

"I'm sorry. I guess I'm just scared of losing you."

I was surprised that he just told me that he was scared of losing me. Now, I'm beginning to understand that he really does care about me.

"Don't you think there are better words you could say to tell me how you really feel about me right now?"

I was nervous after I asked him that. I wanted to be certain that what I thought he felt about me is really what he feels about me.

"Jung Soojung, I LOVE YOU."

Those three words made my heart skip a beat. I was so happy and I could only think of one thing to do. I went on my toes and kissed him with all I had in me. We pulled apart when we finally needed air but our foreheads were against each other.

"I...love...you...too." I said still trying to catch my breath. He smiled and pullled me into a hug. That was when I was finally able to breathe. I can honestly say that he gives me strength.

Still in his arms, I spoke up.

"Mark Yi-En Tuan, I promise that the next time we come back to this place, it'll be our wedding day."

 

Author's Note: Hello everyone! Thank you so much for being patient with me. I was finally able to finish my other story called My Devil Boss. How was this chapter? This story is almost done as well. Thank you so much for reading it. I will be in Oshkosh, Wisconsin next week so I won't be able to update for awhile. But when I come back, I will prioritize this story. Kisses! xoxo💕💕💕