Tuxedos, Rings and Best Men

Tuxedos, Rings and Best Men

A.N. // Don't hate on me please, I just wanted to write a story.//


The day Baekhyun was looking forward to has finally come. He's been waiting for this day for a year, and now that it finally came, he could just resist it.

As he woke up, he took a bath, wore his tuxedo and neatly combed his hair. He put some gel, rose-scented gel to be specific, on his hair to hold it in place so that it wouldn't distract him from saying I do.

Yes, "I do." And yes, he was getting married. Ever since he met the love of his life two years ago, they never parted ways. It started as a crush, until it became a relationship. Everyone was against his relationship, but, all they can do is just accept it.

Baekhyun was looking at his refelction in the mirror as he smiled.

"I'm getting married today. I'm gonna get married. I can't believe it." Baekhyun said to himself as he tried to stop grinning.

He exhaled loudly as he thought of something behind his head. That something, meaning his best man.

" I just hope that bastard show up on my wedding." Baekhyun said to himself before putting a strong scented after-shave on his cheeks and neck.

So, why exactly did Baekhyun worry about his best man? Well, it was because for two years, he's been suffering depression. He kept on drinking, taking sleeping pills, he even resulted to cutting himself and starvation. But of course, someone was always there to help him.

Baekhyun grabbed his keys and prepared to leave his house,when, someone opened the front door.

Baekhyun, being a hapkido master, prepared to defend himself, only to find out that it was someone else.

"Baekkie!!" a man said as he hugged Baekhyun tight.

"Ah! Chen Chen! Let go, you're gonna crumple my tuxedo." Baekhyun yelped as he tried escaping from his friend's death hug.

" Sorry. I just can't believe it. You're getting married today." Jongdae said as he released Baekhyun.

" Yeah, I can't believe it either." Baekhyun said, his smile creeping up once again.

Creeped out, Jongdae said:

" Please don't smile like that, if I were marrying you ,I'd leave you."

Baekhyun immediately stopped smiling and he asked:

" What brings you here?"

" Well, I know it's your best man's job to take you to the ceremony." Jongdae replied.

Baekhyun scoffed and said:

" Jongdae, you aren't even my best man."

" Yeah, but do you see him here? You're gonna be late if no one picks you up, since it's rush hour. And anyway, Kyungsoo just told me that he, Jongin and Sehun had a hard time convincing him to go to your wedding." Jongdae replied.

Baekhyun sighed as he asked:

"Is he depressed again?"

" You know what happened two years ago, and the fact that you're getting married, I don't he's actually gonna last it, Baek." Jongdae replied.

Baekhyun nodded his head as he looked at his watch.

" It's eight-thirty. Ceremony starts at nine. Let's go." Baekhyun said.

" Sure. Anyway, one more thing." Jongdae said.

" What is it?" Baekhyun asked.

" If he doesn't make it to your wedding, can I be your best man?" Jongdae asked.

Baekhyun laughed and afterwards, he seriously replied:

" No. You'll never be my best man."

" What? Why not? " Jongdae asked.

" If he won't make it, Joonmyeon-hyung will be my best man." Baekhyun replied.

" If ever he doesn't show up, from the ten of us, why him?" Jongdae asked.

Baekhyun put his hands on his friend's shoulders and said:

" Dae, you are as restless as Chanyeol, Zitao, Jongin and Sehun. Kris-hyung dozes off to the galaxy, so does Yixing-hyung and I wouldn't want Kyungsoo, Luhan or Minseok-hyung's obsessiveness near me. So, I chose him."

Jongdae nodded his head and asked:

" If he shows up, why him?"

Baekhyun just sighed and replied:

" You know why, Dae."

Jongdae nodded his head and said:

"Let's go! It's almost time for your wedding."

" Let's go!"

Jongdae drove Baekhyun to the place where he was getting married. Baekhyun looked outside his window, thinking that in less than an hour, he would be married. And that it would be the happiest day of his life.

 



Chanyeol entered the venue where the marriage would take place, and just as anyone would say, the place was beautiful.

There was a red carpet lined with white rose petals. The entire place was filled with white roses, lillies and a lot of paper lanterns were hung from the ceiling. And hanging from the lanterns, were paper cranes.

Chanyeol smiled as he saw the paper cranes, since the paper cranes were his idea. Baekhyun never actually liked the idea of paper cranes in a wedding, but, Baekhyun had to give in for Chanyeol.

There were about fifty chairs, meaning that Chanyeol would be expecting a crowd.

He walked forward and stopped where the couple would usually stop and afterwards, he turned right, and pretending to be a groom, he said:

"I do."

" I do, what?" Minseok asked as Luhan and Kyungsoo were laughing with him.

" Shut up, guys." Chanyeol said as he let out a smile.

" Oh, finally, you're smiling now. A while ago you looked like a terrified cat." Luhan commented.

" Yeah, and a while ago, it seemed like you were so scared." Kyungsoo added.

" I'm sorry, guys. It's just that, the wedding's today and I know that he's looking forward to this, but, I don't know if I can do this." Chanyeol said.

" Hey, Park Dobi, you can do this. You did it for two years, I'm sure you can handle this for the rest of your life." Minseok replied.

" Yeah, and don't worry, we'll be here to support you." Luhan added.

" Just tell us what you need." Kyungsoo said.

Chanyeol nodded his head as he hugged the three shorter men; the three others hugging him back.

They were so into the moment, when suddenly, someone said:

" Oh my gosh, lilies!"

The four of them looked at the source of the voice, and saw Zitao touching the lilies. Jongin and Sehun were looking at him weirdly, and sort of doubting his uality.

" Seriously, Huang Zitao, lilies?" Sehun asked.

" Hyung, that is so gay." Jongin said as he started laughing.

Zitao turned around and said:

" Appreciating nature is not gay. It is beautiful."

" Beautiful like your face?" Sehun asked.

" Yes, exactly." Zitao replied as he went back to touching the lily.

" Sure, have fun with 'nature'." Jongin said as he and Sehun left Zitao and approached the group of four.

" How are you, hyung?" Sehun asked.

" I'm fine. Just a little scared, that's all." Chanyeol replied.

" What's there to be scared about?" Jongin asked.

Chanyeol exhaled loudly and replied:

" Everything."

Afterwards, Chanyeol just sat down and continued to shake due to fear.

" Look, don't be scared, we're all here." Minseok said.

" Yeah, hyung. Life is still beautiful, you'll get used to it." Zitao said as he gave Chanyeol a lily.

Chanyeol smiled as he accepted the lily from Zitao. And patted his back.

Just moments after that, Joonmyeon entered the venue, along with Kris, who was listening to music.

" Where's everybody?" Joonmyeon asked.

" Jongdae and Baekhyun are on their way. Baekhyun's family are also on their way. The other guests, I don't really know." Minseok replied.

"Well, thanks for keeping up with them, apparently, someone I know doesn't do anything that much." Joonmyeon said as he looked at Kris.

Kris, realizing that he was already in the venue, took off his earphones and asked:

" Is the wedding over? Did we miss it ?"

"Nope, we didn't miss anything. But, you did miss something." Joonmyeon replied.

" What did I miss?" Kris asked.

" Your shuttle to the galaxy. Go home, Kris." Joonmyeon said.

" I am home." Kris replied.

" Earth to Yifan. Earth to Yifan, do you copy? Nope, I don't think so." Joonmyeon teased.

" Shut it, shorty." Kris shot back.

" Burn." Jongin said as the others, including the scared Chanyeol, laughed.

" Whatever." Joonmyeon said as he left Kris, who was also laughing.

" So, where exactly is Baek and Dae?" Joonmyeon asked, trying to change the topic.

" I don't know but they said they're close." Minseok replied.

Joonmyeon nodded his head as he approached Chanyeol.

" Can you do this?" he asked.

" Yeah, I guess I am." Chanyeol replied.

Joonmyeon higged Chanyeol and afterwards, Yixing came in running.

" The other guests are here. We better prepare." Yixing said.

" Okay, guys, let's go." Joonmyeon said as they continued fixing themselves.

Aside from Baekhyun's family, all the SM Artists were there, including Lee Sooman.

After a lot of bowing, greeting and chatting, everyone decided to sit down and wait for Baekhyun to arrive.

A few minutes later, Baekhyun arrived, with Jongdae.

" He's here." Kris said as the ten boys made their way to them.

" Hey Mr. Byun Baekhyun." Joonmyeon said as he hugged him.

" Hey guys. Thanks for coming." Baekhyun said as he hugged everyone else.

After hugging everyone in the group, he was with Chanyeol, face to face.

" Hey Baek."

" Hi Chan."

" I think we should leave you two for a moment." Jongdae said as he led the others away from the two.

" So--" Chanyeol said.

" The day has finally come. It's wedding day." Baekhyun said as he smiled.

" Yeah, it has." Chanyeol said as he smiled back at him.

" How did you wear your tuxedo? Why is it so crumpled?" Baekhyun asked as he fixed the folds and crumples on Chanyeol's tuxedo.

" I was too lazy, that's all." Chanyeol replied.

" As usual, Park Dobi. The lazy ." Baekhyun teased.

The two shared a laugh and afterwards, Baekhyun asked:

" You have the rings, right?"

" Of course I have it, I wouldn't lose the rings.I'm not that irresponsible dude." Chanyeol said.

" Don't be so defensive." Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol just nodded his head and looked at Baekhyun.

" Thanks. Thank you for everything." Baekhyun said.

" You don't have to thank me, Baek. " Chanyeol said.

"  Yes, I do. You were there for me, and I know you don't deserve to be here. I know you can't forgive me for what I've done to you, but you did. You forgave me. And I thank you so much for that." Baekhyun said as he started crying.

" Hey, Baek, be strong. It's your wedding day, and didn't you dream about this day? You finally getting married with Taeyeon?" Chanyeol asked, with tears streaming down his face.

" Yes, I have Chan, but, I can't just simply do this with you watching me. " Baekhyun replied.

Chanyeol couldn't help but hug Baekhyun tight.

" I forgive you, Baek. Now, go up there and and get married." Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun nodded his head as he wiped his tears and said:

" And one more thing."

" What is it?" Chanyeol asked.

" Thank you for being my best man." Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol just faintly smiled at his friend as he hugged him one more time.

" Guys." someone said.

Both boys turned around and saw Jongdae a few meters away from them.

" She's here, I guess it's showtime." Jongdae said.

" Okay, it's time." Baekhyun said as he released himself from Chanyeol's hug.

" Yeah, it is." Chanyeol said as he grabbed Baekhyun's hand and brought him to the altar. Baekhyun stood in the middle of the aisle, and Chanyeol was just behind him.

The doors opened and the music started playing. Slowly, Taeyeon entered in her wedding dress and slowly walked down the aisle.

All her friends and family cried at her beauty. She was the most beautiful bride they have ever seen, and they all knew that Baekhyun was the luckiest man on earth, having to marry Taeyeon.

As she walked closer to him, Baekhyun could already see her face, even from behind the veil.

Baekhyun started to shed some tears. The others thought of it as him crying over his beautiful bride, but, he had other things in mind.

" Baek, what's wrong?" Chanyeol asked.

" Don't you remember Chan? Two years ago when you confessed to me?" Baekhyun replied.

Chanyeol was silent before he faintly replied:

" Yeah."

" You confessed to me and remember what I told you?" Baekhyun asked, with tears on his eyes.

" Chan, I'm in love with someone else. Chan, I confessed to her. Chan, we're together. You told me that." Chanyeol replied.

Baekhyun nodded his head as both men continued to shed tears.

" Baek, I was just wobdering. If I had confessed first, would you choose me?" Chanyeol asked.

" Of course. I would have chosen you. Chanyeol, this could have been us." Baekhyun replied.

Taeyeon was about five meters away from the men when Chanyeol said:

" I love you."

Baekhyun nodded his head and exhaled, before replying:

" I love you so much."

Afterwards, he left Chanyeol's side and escorted his bride to the altar.

"You okay, Baek?" Taeyeon asked.

" Yeah, I am. I'm just happy for us." Baekhyun replied.

Taeyeon took a quick glance at Chanyeol.

"What's up with Chanyeol? Why is he crying?" Taeyeon asked

" Oh, I just told him to cry so that it would look like he was crying because his best friend's leaving him." he replied.

Taeyeon chuckled and said:

" I told Miyoung to do the same thing."

The chuckled as they finally reached the altar. The minister stood in between them and said:

" Today, we are gathered here, to celebrate, the joyous union, of a couple so perfect. We are here to celebrate the marriage of Byun Baekhyun and Kim Taeyeon."

Chanyeol started shedding a lot of tears as he looked at the couple from the side.

" Before we begin, is there anyone who would like to object to this marriage?" the minister asked.

Baekhyun, with teary eyes, looked Chanyeol, who also had teary eyes. He mouthed to Baekhyun words he could never say, for the rest of his life:

" I object."


A.N. So, I guess there would be EXOtics who would want to kill hug me for this fic.Sorry for the tears, typos and maybe some hate(?) that I've caused. But, then again, it's just a story. BaekYeol FTW!