Chapter 13: Seeking for Answers

MISSION ACCOMPLISH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why don't we start with knowing their gift POISON?" Kris suggested when they started debating which information should they discuss first.

"That's a good point to start with." Chaerin uncannily agreed.

Chen gasped dramatically. "Holy, Moly Cows... Wow... is it me or finally the two of two agree into something else without trying to kill each other?"

"Shut it..." They both hissed at him and he did. He still love his dear life for crying out loud.

"The professor we meet in district 8 illustrated the hierarchy of their gift POISON." D.O started as he stands up and started writing on the holographic screen.

"They divided themselves into 3 levels depending on their gifts toxicity and curability. Envenomed being the lowest level and Aggregate being the deadliest, Pernicious is in between." He continued.

"What's the difference between the three?"

"Woah, Tao relax, we're going right to that part already." Sehun stated. "Envenomed are those who are good in creating poisons out of poisonous plants, animals, elements and other resources and used it in producing and making a one of a kind deadly weapon. As lethal as it nay be, it is curable if you know which antidote to use."

"The Pernicious ones are those who produce their own poison. Some they milk it on their neck but most prefer to milk it on their fingertips. Most of the time curable if discovered early. Though that's exactly is the negative part, for their poison is difficult to trace especially if it's in your system already." D.O informed them.

"Aggregate ones are those we should avoid. Their body is poison itself. Once touch, kissed or exposed to their blood and the fumes they emits when they're cut, it only meant one thing, that is definite instant death." Lay take turn in explaining.

"At least we're able to collect such facts. The question that we should answer now is how the resident on this planets ended up dying without any reasons." LuHan spoke for the first time something is making him uncomfortable since the beginning of their discussion and he can't exactly point it out what.

"Souls..." Chaerin faintly mouthed.

"What? Are you trying to say something?" Bom, who is seated next to her, asked.

"It's just my theory for I still have no hard proof or evidence but I think their souls are being taken away. I mean it's the only logical thing that could explain the sudden deaths and basically a body can't function without the soul." She tried to justified.

"What makes you think of it?" Dara pressed Chaerin to think deeper.

"I don't know, It's the only thing that comes into my mind when we've been in district 8 in which Hyuna realizes that those who have died are those who are considerably powerful and strong in their community. When you think about it, with their strength, it's impossible that they wouldn't be putting a fight. They should have at least bruises on them or anything that could indicate physical contact." Cherin explained.

"Maybe they are killed by their own kind who have mastered their GIFTS of POISON." Baekhyun suggested the idea.

"Not likely. According to the professor if someone died due to poisoning there will be colorization and the venous of the union that have died should be protruding regardless of what kind of poison has killed him or her." D.O countered.

"Wait is it even possible to manipulate the soul of the living? I mean you can only manipulate the soul of the dead right?” Chanyeol verified at Chaerin.

Chaerin nodded. “Well in my case that’s all I can do. But being able to control the soul of the living is one different thing.”

"Has anyone of you saw a body of those who have died." Dara raised the question.

No one answered they all just looked at each other.

"No one. I see." She disappointedly sighed.

"I don't know if this will help but when we're in district 7, their leader IU mentioned about a WEB OF POISON." Suho volunteered.

"She said it is a spell as Earth would call it and it had all started during Hyori's cousin take over the position of being Elder in this planet, by the way the name of their current Elder is WOOBIN." Chanyeol fill them in.

"WEB OF POISON, I have no idea what the heck is it." Tao muttered and the rest of the boys said the same.

"Do you know anything about it?" Kris asked the girls who all went silent.

“It's an ancient Enchantment that could bring a certain plague to a whole planet or even the whole universe if the Castor is that powerful.” Chaerin started to explain to them.

"Minzy pull up the map map of this planet will you." Dara instructed.

Seconds later the holographic screen displayed a 3D map of planet VENOM.

Dara rise from where she is seated. "Chaerin you've said that the souls that take over in district 8 are called EIDOLONS right?"

"Yes..." Chaerin confirmed.

Dara tap on district 8 and typed EIDOLONS then entered it. "The rest of you tell me what else have you guys fought in the other districts?"

"When we're in district 6 we faced mobs of trees on the forest. If I'm not mistaken, Psy their leader referred them as WOODLADS." -Kai

She typed the word WOODLADS in district five.

“District 7 had those stupid water creatures which they called WEEDLERS." -Chanyeol

"I don't know what exactly do the unions in district four call the plague that's send to them, but what we've discovered is that somehow many of them seemed to be controlled by something but not by Eidolons. When Chen suddenly disappeared, LuHan was able to tract him to an underground cave where those who managed to escape had take shelter. They wasn't exactly that friendly and the only thing they told us is about a PUPPETEER." -Suho

"He somehow has the ability to control someone and bend things to his will." -LuHan

"When we arrived in district 2 we're almost attack by it's inhabitants but they are so stubborn and won’t listen to us making Kris to lose his patient and instructed me to freeze the mob of SASAENG staying just a little far from where we are. This makes the district leader to trust us and let us talk to her." -Xiumin

"She told us about their gifts malfunctioning so they are fighting with merely their weapons.” -D.O

"The entire District 3 is covered by quick sands that will suddenly appears out of nowhere.” -Minzy

"Tao was almost drowned by one of the quick sand that appears instantly. Good thing that Minzy was fast enough to rescue him." -Chanyeol

"The entire district 1

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter