[1-1]

Let Me Teach You

Baekhyun was feeling hyper today for no apparent reason.

Today? You’re hyper everyday. His inner-self says.

Whatever, brain.

It isn’t brain. It is, in some ways. But this is your inner self.

He sighs, Baekhyun isn’t in the mood to argue with his inner-self (or to him, his brain) today. He enters the kitchen of his house that he lives in with his parents while humming. He checks the food that he assumed, his mother has cooked. He then, looks outside the window, only to see a few guys around his age, laughing with his father. All of them brought their bicycles, which is painted with some designs that his father has given them for free.

What are they doing? And who are they? I’ve never seen them except for that short kid. His name is Kyangsoo if I'm not mistaken? He squints his eyes. He feels jealous, for some reason. It isn’t like Baekhyun is anti-social or something. He doesn’t like to go out a lot. Why? It requires energy to go out and talk to people and oh, not to mention he doesn’t know how to ride a bike while the others can. So he decides its better to stay inside the house.

You talk about him as if you’re tall, Baekhyun. And learn how to ride a bike for god’s sake!  Baekhyun ignores the insult or statement, he doesn’t know and doesn’t want to know whether it is an insult or a statement. He squints his eyes stupidly again this time, to see a tall guy laughing with his left eye twitching. He finds it adorable and oh, his laugh, it is so mesmerizing. His voice- he likes people with deep voice!

Finally realizing that he was still in the kitchen and staring at someone, he clumsily walks back to the dining room without food that is forgotten in the kitchen.

Nice, now your legs have to walk again to get the food you’ve left in the kitchen.

He rolls his eyes and goes back to the kitchen, not knowing why, he feels giddy.

And hyper.

He looks at the window again. He sees the tall guy alone, the others probably have left, riding their bikes. Feeling mischievous, he knocks at his window loudly, causing the tall guy to jump and look around. Thank goodness that the windows in his house can’t be seen from outside.

He laughs, seeing the tall guy’s reaction while leaning on to the wall, sitting. Not comfortably-he is obviously hiding. After a good ten seconds, he finally has the balls to stand up and look at the window again, forgetting that he went to the kitchen to get his food.

He does it again.

After hiding for five seconds this time, he stands up, only to see the tall guy opening the back door of their kitchen. He gasps. The tall guy, is so breathtakingly beautiful that Baekhyun chokes on his saliva- as much as it sounds so gross.

After getting a hold of himself, he looks at the tall guy.

“H-hi.” The tall guy says awkwardly. Baekhyun then laughs nervously.

Why are you laughing instead of replying him mofo?

Oh, right.

“Uh, hi.” Baekhyun says while smiling.

“Um, sorry that I opened the door and entered here without permission- well I do have a permission from your dad but not from you, obviously. I-I just came here because I got so scared and terrified when I heard some knocking- and well, I’m so rude that I talk too fast that I forgot to introduce myself, the name’s Chanyeol, yeah, Chanyeol.” The tall guy says while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

Baekhyun was still in a daze and he feels a little bit of guilty, too little, the name’s Chanyeol? What a beautiful name.

“O-oh. It’s okay. My name’s Baekhyun anyways. Sorry for scaring you though, that was actually me.” Realizing that he sounds so strict, he adds a forced ‘hahaha’ at the end of his sentence.

“So you’re Baekhyun? Oh and that was you? It’s okay then since you’re cute.” Chanyeol says, whispering the last part.

No Sherlock. Baekhyun wanted to say but that would be rude considering this is their first meeting.

“Yeah.” He replies without much interest on the outside, but with much interest in the inside.

Chanyeol suddenly laughs, causing Baekhyun to look at him.

I have a feeling he’s laughing at you. His inner-self says.

“Gosh, I thought Baekhyun was a girl, you know?”

What? Did I hear that correctly? Girl? As in a girly girl? Baekhyun is a boy’s name! Is he stupi-

See? He’s laughing at your name! AHAHAHA!

“Sorry but what?” Baekhyun asks stupidly at Chanyeol who had said something but Baekhyun couldn’t hear it.

“I said, your dad asked me to teach you how to ride a bike. I thought it was a girl even though I know that Baekhyun is a guy’s name. Not a girl’s name. So you don’t know how to ride a bike huh?”

Baekhyun turns red, cursing in his mind. Why would his dad ask someone, a stranger to teach his son, how to ride a bike?!

“I-I actually know how to ride a bike. It ‘s just I’m not good at it.” He lies.

“Really? Your dad told me that you don’t even know how to sit properly on a bike.”

What the flying ? Dad you’re exaggerating, really.

“My dad exaggerated about that.” Baekhyun says, looking away since his inside feels like it's going to burst soon.

“So let’s start soon.” Chanyeol sends a wink to Baekhyun.

“Start what?” Baekhyun asks stupidly and wonders if it was his imagine or Chanyeol just sent him a wink.

“Um…teaching you how to ride a bike?” Oh.

The thought of Chanyeol teaching him makes his heart beat faster and without knowing, he nods eagerly. Too eager actually.

“Let’s start now then.”

“Huh? I thought soo-“ Baekhyun was cut off when Chanyeol grabs his wrist and starts walking outside with Baekhyun.

“At least let me finish my sentence first!” Baekhyun says. Chanyeol chuckles when he heard Baekhyun’s stomach grumbled.

“And let me eat first okay?” Baekhyun says, softly this time.

Chanyeol let him eat first.


 

After countless times of trying to teach Baekhyun.

“You really have no hope of learning how to ride a bike.” Chanyeol says with Baekhyun screaming on top of his lungs like he’s riding a rollercoaster ride, when in fact he is just sitting there, on the bicycle.

“But it’s okay. I’m here to teach you.” Chanyeol says again.

 And the day finally ends with Baekhyun still screaming (but now with a hoarse voice but still loud) and Chanyeol hoping this wouldn’t be their first and last encounter with each other.