It can't be real

Missing you like crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s P.O.V

“I’m really sorry… There’s nothing more we could do.”

I stood there motionless in the hospital corridor as I heard the doctor tell me that my girlfriend had passed away. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing just now. She’s gone? No, this has got to be some kind of joke. It can’t be real! It just can’t…

“JESSICA…” I cried out and fell to my knees, clutching on the doctor’s white coat tightly with my hands.

I couldn’t sleep that night because memories of her, of us, kept replaying in my mind.

Taengoo, I love you! Always and forever.

I could hear her lovely voice still whispering those words in my ear every time we’d go to sleep. I remember her warmth when she used to hug me and her beautiful brown eyes that looked at me from the other side of the bed. I remember the scent of her perfume which still lingers on her pillow. I want to bury my face in it. That way it would feel like she’s here with me… Well, at least for a little while longer, until the scent fades and all I’d have left then would be memories.

“I miss you so much, Sica… Why did you have to go?” I uttered as tears streamed down my face.

Tomorrow is her funeral. I don’t know how I’m going handle seeing her lifeless body lying there inside the coffin and even worse, being thrown 6 feet under the ground. I looked at a picture of the two of us and memories started replaying in my head again.

Flashback

“You’re amazing, you know that?” Jessica told me as I was making pancakes in the kitchen. Then I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around my waist from behind. Please don’t ever let me go…

“Not as amazing as you, my love!” I turned around and kissed my girlfriend’s lips. Ah, those sweet lips.

“Mmm…” she moaned through the kiss as my hands trailed along her back. I wish we could stay like this forever…

“Babe, your pancakes are burning.” she said and stopped kissing me, a cute little chuckle escaped . I turned the oven off and tried removing the black pancake from the frying pan but my poor finger got burned in the process.

“Damn it!” I cursed and put it inside my mouth to ease the pain.

“Shh, let me heal it for you, baby…” Jessica said and grabbed my hand bringing my finger to her lips, kissing it softly. “Is that better?” she asked me, her voice sweet and filled with love. I nodded my head and smiled at my beautiful loving girlfriend.

End of Flashback

A smile formed on my lips as I remembered that.

Sing a song for me Taeyeon.

She has always loved my voice. I’ll sing for you one last time, Jessica. I hope you can hear me from Heaven.

Even if the tip of my heart hurts like this
Even if the tip of my hands tremble like this
I can only think of you

The person I miss like crazy
The words I want to hear from you like crazy
I love you, I love you – where are you?
The person I long for, who is deeply stuck in my heart.

*beep* *beep* *beep*

The sound of my phone ringing interrupted me. I looked at the caller ID and was shocked when I saw who was calling. Could it really be her? Jessica? No, that’s impossible. She’s no longer among the living, right? There’s no way she could be calling me…

“Hello?” was all I could say when I answered the phone, my voice trembling.

“Taeyeon?” a man’s voice asked me from the other line.

“Yes…”

“It’s Jessica’s f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter