Atom-Wait Too Long

Topp Dogg Scenarios

“Sanggyun, you have to be more careful.”

“I thought we were okay.”

“This could be really hurtful to you and your whole group’s career.”

“You were fine yesterday. What happened?”

“You wouldn’t want a scandal this early.”

“Sanggyun, talk to me!”

“Plus, aren’t you a little young to be tied down?”

“Please, tell me what I did. Let me fix it!”

“You should really rethink this. If she really loves you, she’ll still be here in a few years.”

“Is there someone else?”

            Sanggyun’s head snaps around to look at you and for the first time since he’s walked into your apartment. He finally takes you in. Your quivering lips, your red and glossy eyes, and your cheeks that are wet from tears he had caused. You both stand there in silence, the typical warmth of having him in your home drained in a matter of seconds.

“I think we should break up.”

            Those were the last words you were expecting to hear your boyfriend of two years say to you when he walked in the door. He, however, was expecting the tears, was expecting to ignore you. He wanted to come off as cold as possible because maybe then, you would agree that this was the best idea. But, he wasn’t expecting for it to hurt this bad, to be caught between the words of his managers and the cries from you.

“I would never.” Sanggyun mutters, his eyes torn away from your face “And you know that.”

“Then why!?” You demand, tears filling your eyes again “Why now?”

            In all honesty, you could have accepted it better had he said yes. You could accept that you were not the one for him, but you couldn’t handle him hiding from you.

“I think I need to focus on myself and my music right now.” He coldly replies, pushing a few stray strands of brown hair out of his face “And this was falling apart anyway. I figured better now than later.”

            His reply prompts another moment of silence between the two of you. You lean back against the granite kitchen counter and nod. As much as you wanted to argue with that statement, you figured that this was the best answer you were going to get and you could accept that. It wasn’t in your nature to try and fight him and you didn’t want to force him into a relationship out of guilt. But this acceptance couldn’t prevent the tears from falling down your face nor your heart dropping to the pit of your stomach.

“Okay.” You whisper, you take a deep breath before looking up at his expressionless face “But, I’ll always be here for you.”

            After that sentence, he left. Not because he wanted to get away from you, but because he didn’t want you to see him cry. Regardless of him tossing you away out of nowhere, you still said you’d be there for him. Getting into the van and sitting next to his manager only made him cry harder. He felt selfish. He felt naive. He felt foolish for having listened to the people around him who claimed to have his best interest. But regardless of his mindless decision, he was going to take ownership of it and deal with the consequences. But he was also going to hold onto that last sentence.

“But, I’ll always be here for you.”

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

“Yeah, I can meet you tomorrow.” Sanggyun laughs, his phone pressed to his ear as he walks into a small coffee shop on the outskirts of Seoul “Alright, now can I enjoy my day off in peace?” He jokes before saying his goodbyes and hanging up.

            He walks up to the counter and quickly orders a latte, but not before signing the baristas napkin and getting a picture with her. Luckily for Topp Dogg, they were quick to rise in the idol industry over the past 6 years and Sanggyun had managed to put out 2 solo albums himself. So, it was not uncommon for him to get bombarded with fans whenever he went out into public. That’s probably why he prefers to stay out of the city, even if he’d never admit it.

            Once he gets his drink, he walks over to the seating area, happy to see so few people there. Spotting a seemingly empty booth in the back, he quickly walks over to it. However, once he gets there, he already finds someone sitting in the corner of the booth, their nose in a book. Just as he gets ready to leave, the person looks over at them.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you.” He murmurs, getting ready to turn around.

“Sanggyun?” He hears a small, familiar voice ask.

            His head slowly peaks back up at you. He can’t help but to smile as he sees you are looking back at him, your face looking almost exactly the same as he remembered.

“Hey!” He says, a huge smile appearing on his face.

“Hey.” You reply before patting the table lightly “Come sit with me, since you were going to sit here anyway.”

            He nervously laughs and nods, taking the seat right across from you. At first, neither of you say anything, you simply take each other in. He notices that you cut your hair and dyed it a little lighter than it was before and that you wear less eyeliner now but have instead adorned bright red lipstick. You however, don’t have much to take in visually as it wasn’t rare for you to see him on television. But, you did take in how it felt to have him around you again. If you were honest with yourself, it felt just like it did when you two were dating, maybe even better.

“How’ve you been?” You ask, hoping to break the locked gaze you two had.

He smiles and looks down at his drink “Good. Really good actually.”

“Oh, really?” You ask, as if you didn’t already know.

“Yeah, I just finished up promotions on my second album and I plan on going on my own tour soon.”

“Just in Asia or worldwide?”

“I think I’m going to stay in Asia right now, but hopefully worldwide within the next few years.”

You grin, proud to hear of all of his success and joyful to see how happy he is talking about his job.

“What about you?” he ponders “What have you been up to?”

“I’m actually a partner in a law firm that is doing really well right now.” You shrug with a big smile “We’ve been doing really good things and are getting recommended by a lot of people, so I’m happy.”

“I know that was a big dream of yours, I’m glad you were able to achieve it.” He tells you before he bites his lip. A question poking at the back of his mind.

“Thank you.”

“So,” he exhales “have you been seeing anyone-“he starts before getting cut off by the sound of your phone ringing.

“Sorry, one second.” You laugh, pulling your phone out of your bag to answer it. “Hello…yeah. I put them in the drawer. No, not in the file cabinet. It’s in the drawer by my desk. Yeah, the last one. Found it?” You laugh “I know, you should pay more attention.” He watches you nod for a minute “Yeah, I’ll see you soon. Love you too. Bye.”

            Even if his expression didn’t show it, he was really hoping that you were talking to your mom or your best friend.

“Sorry, he couldn’t find where I put the files for our most recent client.” You chuckle “He can be so clueless.”

“Your partner, at the firm?” Sanggyun questions.

“Yeah.” You confirm, taking a sip of your coffee.

“You two sound awfully close.” He says, his finger tracing the rim of his cup.

“Yeah, well being married to each other for two years will do that to you.” You joke.

“Married?” He whispers, freezing up at your words.

“Yeah.” You reply, finishing your coffee.

            Once you set down your cup, you finally notice his sudden silence. You look at him. His eyes glued to the table with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion and upset. After watching in for a minute, you clear your throat to having him look back up at you.

“I’m sorry.” You whisper, understanding how he felt in that moment. You felt the same way when he broke up with you.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for.” He sadly smiles “If you’re happy, then so am I.”

Unfortunately, you can’t smile back, not seeing the look on his face and understanding the pain in his heart. All you can say is “I need to get back to work”.

Getting up you look at him and place your hand over his “It was nice seeing you.” You take in a shaky breath before saying “Thank you…for teaching me how to love someone and for giving me memories I will cherish for the rest of my life.” Leaning down, you place a quick peck on his cheek before disappearing.

            Sanggyun doesn’t leave the table for a while. He continues to sit there and not too long after you leave, he pulls a notebook and a pen out of his backpack. And with your scent, image, and memories still swirling around in his mind, he writes. He writes out how he’s feeling because it’s normal for him. He writes verses about how every love song on his albums have been about you and how every girl he was with was a replacement. He even admits in a few scribbled verses that will never see day how he’s called girls by your name so much that they became used to it. But the only one he keeps close to his heart is about how he’s felt up to this moment. And about now that he’s here, he’s never felt more lost.

Don’t you go getting married

Don’t you go get engaged

I know you’re getting older

Don’t have no time to waste

I shouldn’t be much longer

But you shouldn’t have to wait

I can’t loose you

I can’t help it

I’m so sorry

I’m so selfish

 

AN/ Whelp, here is the A-Tom scenario I've been working on! I hope you all like it. About 1/3 of the way through typing it out, I was wondering where I wanted to go with the ending and felt like Drake's- Good Ones Go was a good inspiration and fit for this fic, so I decided to throw that in there. I hope you all enjoy it!! ^.^ Thank you for reading! <3