'cause money can't buy me love.

PS, i hateLOVE you.

            Wei Lian is always out in his strange little world, but he’s the most gentle and naïve of all his brothers, so Apple likes him best – and she won’t ever admit it, that she likes that strange Wei Lian who is dating Rong Jia Jie. In fact, the sole reason she volunteered to help Mei Mei & Tong Tong with their stand is because they now set up near the garage that Rong Jia Jie works at, so she can always see Wei Lian when he goes, every single day, to see Rong Jia.

            She pretends not to let it bother her; That Wei Lian is so in love with Rong Jia Jie. Because she is Apple, and she won`t admit defeat. It’s 9 o`clock now, and Wei Lian is due at any moment to pick Rong Jia up and take her home. Apple is on look-out, and she barely realizes that Tong Tong is being picked up by Xiao Ma for their late-night date. They`ve since gotten back together (about four hundred times, because they`re so ARGH), and when they`re together, they can`t keep their hands off of each other. It`s almost disgusting to watch, but it may just be that Apple is bitter about Wei Lian.

            “Rong Jia Xue Jie, I`ve come!” Wei Lian joyfully approaches the garage, and Mei Mei coos.

            “Aren`t they adorable?” Apple isn`t listening. “Apple? Hello?”

            “Uh, yah, sure,” Even after all her family`s gone through – being rich, going into debt, and then climbing back up to wealth, she hasn`t quite figured out that not everything can be bought with money. She wishes that Wei Lian would talk to her, and she`d pull out a delicious wad of cash, and he`d be hers for ever, whether he loves her or not.

 

 

            Rong Jia won`t ever admit it, but she sometimes catches herself looking forward to 9 o`clock, where Wei Lian springs up without fail every time, ready to take her home because it gets dark so easily nowadays. And he is there, grinning because he gets to pick up Rong Jie for yet another day.

            “Wei Lian, don`t jump; you`re going to damage a car,” And yet she just can`t manage a kind word to him – something along the lines of, ‘You`re so cute!’ or ‘Thank you for picking me up every day,’ because she’s Rong Jia, who can`t easily express these things. She`s grateful, though, that he loves her so unconditionally; the same way that Mei Mei loves Xiao Yu unconditionally, but still watches peacefully as he moons over Xiao Xun.

            “Sorry, Rong Jia Xue Jie,” Wei Lian frowns, but two seconds later, he perks up again. “Do you want to go somewhere with me?”

            “It`s late,” Rong Jia`s heart skips a beat. If he means what she thinks he means, then she`s (secretly) more than willing. But no, of course he doesn’t mean that.

            “This noodle shop just opened, and it`s open until midnight. Please? It`s supposed to be really good.” By now, though, she`s not really listening. She pays more attention to the pretty little creases at the corners of his eyes, and they fold a little whenever he smiles and it`s just so cute.

            “Uh,” Rong Jia flinches awake, realizing she just called Wei Lian cute, and she never does that. Ever. “Sure, sure.” To make up for always yelling at him or scolding him, she`ll allow it just this once. As she slips into her jacket, it catches on her toolbox, and in turn, the toolbox drops down and tears her jacket. She looks at it sadly, but puts it on, hoping Wei Lian didn`t notice that.

            “You can have mine for tonight, if you like.” He always notices when it concerns Rong Jia, and for now, she just flushes a little, trying not to let him see, and takes the too-big jacket with a sort of fluttery feeling in her stomach.

 

july 21. sorrrry, i was on a road trip with sharoooon :D from here on, i'll try and update more often!