i just wanted to see you.

PS, i hateLOVE you.

            “So then she says to him; You`re definitely cute, `kay? But to be honest, I sort of think your mom is hotter.” Guigui has the hugest grin on her face as she tells the tale, and immediately, Xiao Jie, Mei Mei, and Apple burst out laughing. Tong Tong just rolls her eyes, and Xiao Xun isn’t even paying attention, to Guigui’s dismay. In fact – it just seems like Xiao Xun is somewhere else tonight, not just that Guigui loves attention.

            Later, when everyone else is gone to pig out on dumplings and junk food, Guigui pulls Xiao Xun over to the side.

            “Are you okay?” She asks bluntly. Xiao Xun blinks critically, and then comes back to her senses and shrugs a little.

            “Oh, Gui, I`m fine.” Guigui doesn`t believe her, but she lets it go anyways, and goes back to where the others are yelling at the reality show contestants for being stupid. Xiao Xun lingers, and picks at her plate of food. When Xiao Jie comes back to get more pizza, Xiao Xun tugs at her shoulder.

            “What was that this afternoon?”

            “Xiao Jie bailed on me again, no big deal,” Xiao Jie has recited the line fourteen other possible ways and tried different tones with it for an hour before meeting up with the girls; Just to make it look like she really doesn`t care. Xiao Xun looks at her sympathetically.

            “Oh,” She can`t relate because Xiao Yu has always paid most attention to her, even before she got to thinking about him as a love candidate. “It`ll be okay. He`s just focussed on his scholarship, right? If he works harder, he`ll get it and become successful, and then you can brag to everyone about him.” Xiao Xun is honest about her reply, but awfully unemotional, because that`s just the way she is.

            “How`re you and Xiao Yu?”

            “We`re great.” Xiao Xun doesn’t tell Xiao Jie about the problem. She doesn`t want him to skip over a chance for university. She wants him to actually think for once, instead of acting before he does – last time he did that, he was beaten up – and think that maybe he’s not going to be successful in the music industry and maybe he won`t have anything to fall back on. But that`s just her problem. She won`t say anything to him, or anyone else.

 

 

            When he’s alone with his guitar, Xiao Yu isn`t just Xiao Yu – he`s something more than that. He doesn`t have the words to explain it, and neither does Xiao Xun, because she just isn`t passionate about things like that, and she doesn`t understand. But she`s supportive of him and his choice, because if she isn`t, she would have said something by now.

            “Xiao Yu?” Xiao Jie is back from yet another practice – volleyball, or something. Xiao Yu doesn`t keep track; God forbid Xiao Jie’s girlfriend does, she`s so loving. “Xiao Xun`s downstairs.”

            Xiao Yu gently removes his guitar from his lap, and jumps up with such speed and energy he looks like a blur, running down the stairs. Xiao Xun patiently waits, a small smile lingering when she sees him suddenly breathless in front of her.

            “You wanted to see me?” He smiles back, taking one of her hands.

            “Yah,” Xiao Xun replies. “I just wanted to see you.” That`s rare; that Xiao Xun isn`t there to talk about some serious matter about their relationship, or something. Xiao Yu perks up.

            “Is something wrong?” Drat. He caught on. Xiao Xun forces her smile out now, pretending it’s all good. She shakes her head and asks if they can go out into the backyard – after all, there’s a new porch swing outside. He agrees and slips on his shoes, and they go.

            For a while, they just sit and talk about funny little things, until Xiao Xun falls asleep on his shoulder.

 

 

july 10 09. maybe i'll do five day updates. :D