Pariah

Pariah

 

 

The social outcast, the one that dosen't fit in. That is what Chaerin was known as at her school. Well atleast she was known for something, actually just known in general.  Everyday she would walk through the heavy school gates unaccompanied, dragging her feet along. No one would turn their head to her, wave at her or even glare, no one took notice of her. In class she would quietly unpack her bag and place it on the vacant seat beside her as she anticipates the upcoming lesson. On break times, she would sit on the lonely, grey, aged bench with her and her shadow, a book in one hand, food in the other. People would walk past Chaerin everyday and just glance. They were used to her sitting there, it was her regular spot after all and no one seemed to mind. The first day Chaerin arrived at the school, she was touring the school by herself and happened to notice the now usual bench in a small area abandoned. From then on she would sit there everyday. It was as if it was normal to everyone, but not to Chaerin. Everyday a feeling of lost hope stirs within her, hope for someone to accompany her, to talk to her even if it was just the answers to the maths quiz, as long as she was noticed.

◇ ☰ ♛ ☰◇

But that was at school, this isn't the usual nerd turns into the queenka story, Do you really think she would live her life as an unnoticeable, invisible being?

Everynight, Chaerin would walk home lightly and take off her stereotypical nerd image- the glasses, long skirt, flat shoes with thigh high socks and a slouched back. Stretching, she would look at her reflection in the mirror, a smile of satisfaction plasted on her face "Another day performed, now the fun starts." Chaerin would paint a rainbow of hues on her eyelids, attach spider-like lashes, perfect her porcelain skin and apply glistening formulas on her luscious lips. Wearing ostentations pieces of clothing along with heels that tower into the air she would depart her small home and make her way to a loud, neon building filled with chic people, her second home. Here she was a queen, the baddest female, the one that stood out. Chaerin walked- no strutted into the building with her head held high. Eyes were turned, jaws were dropped, she had arrived. A school of fish swarmed her, the other fraction snickering and whispering while exchanging looks at Chaerin. She didn't mind these people, she was too good for them that they could not just ignore her, "It's better than being invisble anyway." She smirks amused she shuts down the computer.

 

◇ ☰ ♛ ☰◇

pariah ; παρίας ; شخص منبوذ ; пария ; パーリア ; 被放逐者

Characters: 2265

Words: 501

Aloha readers! I hope you enjoyed the short one shot! Comment your thoughts and tell me what you think Chaerin's hidden identity is! Until next time, bye! -jjangkaitz