Chapter 1

Can You Love Me One More Time?

Jae’s POV:

October 2011~

            I unlocked my apartment door and walked inside, slipping off my shoes. I went through my everyday routine. Take a shower, make dinner watch TV, do any extra work that needs to be done, and wait for 11:11 to come around then sleep.

            11:09...11:10...11:11.

            I sighed, ‘why do I do this every day?’ I thought to myself. But even knowing that I’m being stupid, and that I am a for not going and finding him, telling him how I really felt all this time, I still do it.

            I close my eyes and put my hands together and wish.

                        Please, I know I always ask this. But please, please, let me see him one more time. Just one more time, to tell him that I love him. Please…

            I know it won’t come true, but I can’t help but try. And as I fall asleep and dream I can’t help but think what if…

November 2011~

I walked into the office in the morning with my coffee and my lunch, expecting a normal day. Papers, meetings, flirting, the usual but it was anything but.

            “Jaejoong, Changmin wants to see you in his office. Now!” my secretary, Onew told me.

            “Ok, I’ll go see him now. Thank you.” I walked in to his office, sitting down in the bright yellow lounge chair. He was currently munching on cookies and talking on the phone at the same time. Pieces on food were flying out of his mouth and onto the desk (and on Jaejoong’s face). When he got off the phone and swallowed his food, he turned to Jaejoong.

            “So, I was just on the phone with another company. And they want to collaborate with us to reconstruct and refurbish an old hotel. You know, the one near the movie theater that everyone says is haunted?” he asked me sarcastically. Of course I knew the place, everyone did. The ominous once five-star hotel loomed over the city, casting a shadow over most of that part of the city. All the high schools dare countless amounts of people every year to go in there to “prove themselves”. You would think that people would know that it wasn’t haunted after so many kids went in there. But it’s still rumored to be plagued by ghosts.

            “Yes sir I know the place. So am I going to supervise its reconstruction?” I replied blankly. He smiled at me, and I felt a weird feeling. This couldn’t be good.

            “No Jaejoong, you and a representative from the other company will plan, organize, supervise, and decide everything that has to do with the hotel. I am giving you complete control over this project.” Changmin stated with a smile.

            I stared at him, with no expression. For probably about five minutes before I finally stuttered,

            “W-W-What?” he was giving me complete control? Even after all those times he said to me that I had no talent and was going nowhere in life? What is his problem? Changmin smiled sincerely at me, completely serious for once.

            “Jaejoong I know I have made jokes about your skill before, but you are good. You have responsibility, honor, and creative drive. I know under your control, this project will turn out for the better.” Changmin explained a sincere expression in his eyes.

            “I’ll do my best sir.” I replied, dumbstruck.

September 2011~

            “I’m nervous Onew. What if he doesn’t like me, or what if he’s creepy? Or-” I was cut off by Onew slapping a hand over my mouth.

            “Jaejoong, we could talk about ‘What if’s’ all day. But the reality is that you’ll never know until you meet him! So just meet him and if he’s an assbucket then you’ll have to deal because its work.” He snapped back at me.

            Onew is blunt and to the point, and he might even sound uncaring at sometimes, but he’s just honest. He tells you how it is, and sometimes that’s what people need, a good dose of the truth, no false reassurances or fake hope. I wish he was with back when I was trying to confess to-

            “Hyung! Were here!” Onew yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. This is no time to be thinking of the past. ‘Just focus on your job Jaejoong’ I thought to myself as I stepped out of the car, saying a quick Thank You to the driver that brought us here.

            I looked up at the old building. Nine floors of worn paint, broken windows, and weather damage were the least of this old buildings problem. It probably had termites and was structurally unsound. This is probably going to take a long time, and lots of money. I turned to see a small group of men, who were currently walking towards us.

            In the center was a tall, built young man with short, styled hair. He was wearing a stylish brown suit with a black tie. He had full lips and a charming smile. And I knew him.

            Oh. My. God.

            No no no no no, it can’t be him! Not here! Working with me! After four years…

            “Hello, my name is Jung Yunho. I hope we work well together.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~