Voice

Empty

A couple days passed before their second encounter.

The girl, Daehyun, and a couple of other members were going to a practice room after school. Unsurprisingly, it turned out that all of them were talented in both debate and music.

Youngjae, of course, was clueless about the whole situation. He walked wearily down the hall after school, feeling the heavy drag of his feet take him to his practice room, the one slice of heaven in the school. About to turn the worn wooden handle, he saw fuzzy shadows and muffled sounds of people behind the translucent glass door.

Suddenly, a clear, warm voice leaked out from the sound-proof walls, powerful and dominant, swirling in Youngjae’s skull and making him shiver to his feet.

Daehyun?

He does the first thing on his mind.

Run.

Not sure if he can last any longer listening to that godly voice behind the door, he sprinted to the nearest bathroom, opening a stall and closing shut the door. Realizing what a love sick idiot he’s become, Youngjae leaned back onto the icy stall door, his heart rising up to greet the beautiful voice he suddenly hears again.

It’s Daehyun, humming as he strolls into the bathroom, oblivious to the frozen boy hidden in the stall right next to him.

Youngjae can't get caught, because he knows he'll do something stupid. Like ask Daehyun out, or maybe even kiss him, pressing himself against that toned body...

After flushing quickly and slamming open the door in his haste, Youngjae hurriedly washs his hands and rushs out of the bathroom, hoping that Daehyun wouldn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.

He's wrong, because a couple of seconds later there are fast footsteps chasing him down and a smooth, deep voice calling, “Hey, is that you Youngjae? Slow down, I need to ask you something!”

His heart palpitates, but he turns around, eager to greet the male he has been dying over.

“Hi, sorry—” Daehyun hunches over tiredly, breathing hard before beginning again.

“Do you wanna, you know, practice with us? I heard you were a pretty good singer.”

Daehyun knew that he was actually good at singing? He wanted him to sing? A shy smile spreads across his face, diffusing the embarrassing red.

“Yeah, of course…I mean I practice a l-lot after school in the p-practice rooms…” Daehyun doesn’t seem to notice his stuttering, and grins radiantly before grabbing Youngjae’s wrist, leading him to the room.

Youngjae’s face warms, the grip on his wrist unfamiliar but welcomed.

Daehyun’s hand is warm and slightly rough from overuse, the smooth bumps curving around his slender wrist.

Youngjae thinks about what it would be like to have those hands in his.

………..

As they enter the room, Youngjae hears another beautiful voice echo in the enclosed space. He looks around, only to find his friend belting out high, arching notes that bounce of the walls, soothing yet powerful. His heart drops. Who was he to expect that Daehyun wanted to spend time alone, with him?

But to his astonishment, Daehyun continues to drag him forward, and introduces him to a few strangers, before handing him the microphone.

“Go ahead, sing anything. I wanna hear the voice that’s got everyone talking.” He winks slyly, a crooked smile sliding in place.

Youngjae blinks at the gorgeous smirk plastered on Daehyun’s face, and nearly trips in place, desperately clutching the microphone stand to steady himself. Clumsy idiot, he curses himself silently.

Nervously swallowing, he begins, soft notes melding together, spinning a beautiful picture of words and notes.

Daehyun watches, his jaw gaping, and Youngjae has to resist the urge to laugh as he reaches the .

When he’s done, the girl is glaring at him, everyone else is clapping, and Daehyun is smiling dorkily. Youngjae flushes red at the compliments, and relishs in the warm pat of Daehyun’s hand on his back. His friend leans forward and grabs him by the hand, telling him to sing something with her, Please, oppa, jebal??

It would be rude to refuse, because they are still somewhat friends. (But he isn’t sure if he wants someone like her as a friend anymore.)

Daehyun drags Youngjae with him onto a piano bench, demanding that he sing with someone, anyone. He doesn’t know who to choose. The only person he wants to pick is slouching next to him, a warm palm pressed against his thigh.

He hears boisterous applause, and realizes a few seconds later that Daehyun volunteered himself. Some idiot picks a love song from the upcoming school play, telling them to act it out while singing.

A love song? With Daehyun?

Red rushes to the tips of his ears, and he blinks as Daehyun softly holds his hands in the rough palms of his own before beginning the song.

His voice. It’s warm, and overwhelming, close enough that he can see the small curves in Daehyun’s plump, parted lips as music flows out of them. When he begins to sing, he sees Daehyun’s eyes shift to his mouth, and smirks inwardly as Daehyun shifts his gaze.

His eyes catch Daehyun’s. They sparkle under the harsh lights, a glint of mischief hidden in pools of dark chocolate. It wouldn’t be preposterous for him to really act it out, would it? Youngjae decides to milk his chance while he can. His hand sneaks up to lie on Daehyun’s biceps, feeling the muscle clench underneath his touch. Eyes narrowing, Daehyun pulls Youngjae in close, feeling the delicate skin pressing onto his arms, the soft breaths whispering against his clavicle.

I will treat you well don’t leave don’t leave
Because i love you don’t leave
Can’t you see me crying oh babe
Don’t leave me babe

As the intensity of the lyrics increase, Youngjae looks away, unable to maintain the fierce eye contact that burns away his sanity and composure.

He sees a gentle palm pull close. A spark fills the space between them, snapping as Daehyun lifts his chin and leans in, close enough to kiss.

Don’t leave me…

The song diminishes out, and the atmosphere loosens as the other members let out exclamations of surprise, complimenting their chemistry. 

Daehyun looks at him, smiling happily.

 Youngjae can’t look away from the angel beside him.

…………….

Thank you to everyone who used their own valuable time to read my story!!!

And the subscribers too. You guys are the first subscribers I have ever had, I’m really touched and beyond flattered T.T

I think I’ll leave some of this story open to you guys, if you want to give suggestions? I’m not sure how to progress the story from here…should we build up their relationship or leave it PG-13? (even though I lack y skills, I’m up to the challenge LOL)

also also did you guys notice the song reference??? "It's All Lies"?? omg imagine B.A.P in a musical...

Please feel free to comment and express yourselves and ideas to me, it’ll help me lots.