The Tea Party

Tales From the Family

     A/N*  The following drabble is a Chun Hei centric. If those who don't know who she is, she is the six year old daughter of Luhan and Minseok. The time is early August of 2012, a few weeks prior to the main incidents of Broken.

      Chun Hei is sitting on her bed huffing and puffing because she's extremely bored. It's only half pass 11 in the morning and she's completed her schedule for the day. She had breakfast at eight in the morning, then watched cartoons for a good two hours, and last on her schedule was coloring. Which she finished early because the coloring book came to an end and she only had two pages to color. 

"What can I do?" Chun Hei asks herself as she kicks her legs around on the bed. She wish she could call her friends to come over and play but her friends Meihui and Changying were away for vacation. Changmin has his friends over and they are playing wrestling in his room. Chun Hei wanted to join but her daddy said the boys are too rough to play with. Staring at her pink walls Chun Hei thinks for another activity as she pets her stuffed bunny toy. "Mr. Whiskers what do you think we should do?" She looks at the stuffed toy.

"I think we should have a tea party," Chun Hei replies to herself in a lighter tone. She hugs the stuffed animal before jumping up and down on the bed.

"That's a great idea! We are going to have a tea party!" Chun Hei cheers before plopping back down on the bed. "In order for this tea party to end in success you are going to have to work with me Mr. Whiskers. This is a princess themed tea party and everyone is going to look pretty...make sure you tell the guest that when you invite them. Are you writing this down?" she hands the stuffed animal her pokemon notepad and a pen.

"Yes ma'am I am writing this down," Chun Hei pretends to write down everything that she said. "Please go on."

"Okay so we have the guest, next we need...decorations! We need to decorate my room and set the table for the guest. After that I will make the tea and snacks. Lastly we all need to get pretty for the event," Chun Hei counts her plans on her fingers. She places Mr. Whiskers by the head board of the bed before going to work with transforming her room. "Let's get this place pretty."

First things first and that is to rid of all the legos on the floor. Chun Hei didn't want her guest to step on the building pieces because they would get hurt badly, she knows from experience. She puts all the pieces in her lego bin before pushing the container under her bed, making sure that the purple bed skirt covered the container. Next, Chun Hei takes all the papers from the little white wooden table in her room and places them in the drawer of her desk along with the crayons. Since the mess on the table is out of the way, Chun Hei can finally move the table to the center of her room where she wants it to be. 

"It's looking good so far," She pretends to be Mr. Whiskers.

"I just started! There is something missing," Chun Hei starts biting her nails as she looks around the room. The walls are already decorated with drawings, princess stickers, and pictures that she took with her daddy's camera so she didn't have to worry about the walls. But the white carpeted floor seemed to simple to the six year old.

"What if you put the princess cushions on the floor?" 'Mr. Whiskers' asks. Chun Hei starts jumping up and down when the idea is pitched because it's perfect. Quickly she runs to her closet and pulls out the princess cushions her dad bought for her and her friends awhile ago. Out of the six cushions she can only carry two in her tiny arms. She fell to the floor with a giggle when she attempted to carry three at a time. With care, Chun Hei puts down the pink princess cushions and smiles when she see's things are starting to come together.

"Time to get the first set of guest," Chun Hei walks over to her bed and examines all her stuffed animals. There's so many and she's sad that only a few can attend the tea party.

"What if the others come as watchers? That way everyone can watch the princess drink tea," Mr. Whiskers interjects.

"Good idea!" Chun Hei grabs her blue care bear and rilakkuma from her bed and places them on the floor by the table. Next she grabs pikachu, pororo, totoro, sailor jupiter, sailor moon, angela metoo, and her panda plushie and places them all on the floor. "Should I bring Doraemon to the tea party?"

"No he might mess it up," Mr. Whiskers says. Chun Hei places Doraemon next to her other plushies that didn't make the cut before grabbing Mr. Whiskers and placing him on the floor with the other toys. 

"Now I'm going to leave and make the tea and snacks. I do not want silly business and these guest better behave Mr. Whiskers or you are fired!" Chun Hei points her finger to the stuffed rabbit. She nods before leaving the room and searching for her daddy's. They always told her if she wanted to use the stove she has to ask them first. Chun Hei walks down the hallway past her brother's room where shouting and loud thuds could be heard. She turns the sharp corner to where the master bedroom door is and she see's it's closed. Chun Hei approaches the door and makes sure to knock, her daddy always told her to knock on the door before entering because of what happened last time.

"Come in," her daddy calls. Chun Hei nods and opens the door. She finds her daddy sitting on his bed with a tablet in his hand and her dad reading through a portfolio in his big arm chair. She runs up to the bed and jumps on it and her daddy starts giving her lots of hugs and kisses which makes the younger giggle. "What's up princess?"

"I am hosting a legendary tea party and I need someone to help me make the tea," Chun Hei answers. Luhan and Minseok look at each other before nodding at what their daughter said.

"Where did you learn the word legendary from?" Luhan gets up from the arm chair and stretches out on the bed next to Chun Hei. She rolls closer to him and rests her head by his chest.

"Jun Min taught it to me the other day! He says it means very well known," Chun Hei recites her older cousin's teaching. She loved when Jun Min told her big words because when she used them everyone would call her a smart cookie.

"I should have known Jun Min taught it to you...I know you didn't learn it from your brother," Luhan states resulting in a hit from Minseok. "Hey what was that for?"

"Changmin is smart he just doesn't like to do work at times," Minseok huffs as he puts his tablet down. He gets out of the bed stretches his back muscles before waving for Chun Hei to come follow him. Chun Hei gets up from the bed and holds her daddy's hand so they can go to the kitchen and make the tea. Minseok has to knock on the Changmin's door and tell him to keep it down. "I didn't raise a wild animal!"

"But daddy he is a wild animal," Chun Hei exclaims. Minseok gives her stern look before they make their way down stairs to the kitchen. In the kitchen Chun Hei takes the tea pot from the counter and puts it in the sink.

"Make sure you get your step stool munchkin," Minseok stands by the kitchen sink and waits for his daughter to get the step stool. "You have to wash your hands before you start getting your supplies.

"I know daddy," Chun Hei grabs the pink step stool and places it in front of the sink. Once she steps up she's happy that she can see the counter. Minseok turns on the water for her and she thoroughly scrubs her hands with soap under the faucet because believes if her hands aren't that clean her food will be dirty. Once she's done Minseok hands her the teapot which they rinse out before filling it up with lukewarm water. Chun Hei tries to lift the teapot up but it's too heavy.

"I think this is a little too heavy for you. I will bring it over to the stove," Minseok grabs the pot with a smile and walks over to the stove. Chun Hei moves her step stool over to the counter so she can watch her daddy turn the stove handles from afar. Once the stove is on Minseok walks back over to Chun Hei. "So for this legendary tea party are you planning to feed your guest? It's almost lunch time."

"You're right! Hmmmm," Chun Hei ponders with her hand on her chin. "Oh yeah! The other day Jun Min told me that in places that do have tea time they eat finger sandwiches with mayonnaise and cucumbers."

"Ew that sounds gross," Minseok feels his stomach getting upset just thinking about it and he's about to excuse himself to go throw up until he thinks of another food. "How about we do the finger sandwiches but we do turkey and cheese sandwiches?"

"That's even better," Chun Hei jumps down from the stool again and moves to the center island in the kitchen. Minseok gets the supplies and places them on the island in front of Chun Hei. There's bread, turkey meat, cheese, oil and vinegar, and butter knives. 

"Do you want snacks with the lunch?" Minseok asks.

"Can I have choco pies?"

"No you had a lot of pixie sticks when you were watching tv and I don't want you to eat too many sweets. How about some fruit?"

Chun Hei thinks about it with a frown because she really wants the choco pies but she realizes that her dad just bought good fruit from the market the day before and she gets happy again. "Yeah fruit sounds good. Can I have oranges and bananas?"

"Of course," Minseok gets the fruits from the refridgerator and places them on the island. "Can you please get the cutting board from the pantry for me?"

"I got it don't you two move a muscle," Luhan walks into the kitchen and gets the cutting board and fruit cutting knife. He places it on the island and waits for further instructions. "Do you hear the boys up there? They sound like maniacs."

"I told them to keep it down but I guess they didn't get the memo," Minseok sighs. 

"You know you can't be stressed out right now so take a deep breath. Everything will be fine, let's just help munchkin with her tea party," Luhan smiles at Chun Hei. Chun Hei gives her dad a thumbs up and they both give Minseok a thumbs up. Minseok giggles a little before giving a thumbs up. The tea party preperation is in full swing.

 

"Daddy the water is boiling," Chun Hei calls out as she adjusts the sandwiches on the plate.  Luhan is the one to get up and turn off the stove top.

"Chun Hei which tea pot do you want to use for the tea party?," Luhan asks.

"The one that looks like a cake," Chun Hei answers while continuing to adjust the sandwiches, they had to be perfect.  Luhan nods and pours the hot water into the selected tea pot. "Also for tea can I have Zhejiang tea?"

"Minseok do we still have some in the cabinet?" 

"I don't know you go check," Minseok grumbles as he carefully cuts the banana. He's frustrated by how big the banana slices are coming out and he wants everything to be perfect for his little girl.

"Daddy are you about to start crying again?" Chun Hei looks at Minseok and see's theirs tears falling down his cheeks as he's still chopping bananas. Chun Hei places her hand on Minseok's cheek and wipes away the tears. "Daddy don't cry you are doing a great job."

"I just want everything to be perfect for you," Minseok struggles to speak because his voice is shaky.

"And it is! You are the best daddy," Chun Hei leans closer to Minseok and kisses his cheek. Minseok laughs before hugging Chun Hei, he feels truly blessed to have a daughter like Chun Hei.

"How about you go ask your brother and his friends if they want to come to the tea party," Luhan suggests while putting the ta leaves in the tea pot. Chun Hei jumps down from the chair on the kitchen island and runs upstairs to her brother's room, leaving Minseok and Luhan in the kitchen.

"Do you really think it's a good idea for her to invite those rowdy boys?" Minseok raises an eyebrow. Luhan just shrugs his shoulders as a response and Minseok throws banana peels at Luhan's head. "Don't you dare ignore me."

 

Chun Hei opens her brother's room and finds the three boys fighting on the floor. Changmin's room is completely trashed, there's toys everywhere, and the covers from his bed are scattered around the room. None of them seem to notice Chun Hei enter the room because they are still screaming and fighting.

"Hey..." Chun Hei calls out but they're still fighting. "Hey!" She shouts and all the boys stop and look at her.

"What do you want?" Li-Liang, Changming's friend, calls out. Chun Hei rolls her eyes because she didn't like him at all. 

"I wasn't talking to you," Chun Hei crosses her arms.

"Yes you were you dumb baby," Li-Liang shows his crooked smile. Chun Hei wants to throw up because she hates his face.

" I'd rather be a dumb baby than ugly like you," Chun Hei pouts. Changmin and his other friend Ming Hoa start laughing while Li-Liang gets upset. Changmin stands up and pats his sister on the back.

"Seriously though is there something that you needed? Daddy said you couldn't come and play with us because of the game we are playing." Changmin speaks in a much mor gentle tone than his friend.

"I wanted you to know that I am having a tea party and everyone is going to be there. Do you want to come?" Chun Hei asks with hopeful eyes. Changmin smiles at his little sister and he's about to answer but his friend cuts him off.

"Tea parties is for little girls! He doesn't want to go to your dumb party," Li-Liang sticks out his tongue. Chun Hei picks up a car from the floor and throws it at Li-Liang's head. That makes the older boy really upset and he's about to beat Chun Hei up until Ming Hoa holds Li-Liang back. Chun Hei wants to beat him up and show him how to really wrestle but she'd get in trouble.

"Chun Hei you don't want him at your tea party. We will keep him here and protect the ugly ogre from the princess and her tea party," Ming Hoa states and both he and Changmin start laughing. Chun Hei gets teary eyed as she pouts.

"Don't cry Chun Hei...we are only protecting you from the ogre. Maybe we can come to another tea party," Changmin coaxes. 

"Then tell Li-Liang to go home no one likes him. I want you and Ming Hoa to come to the tea party," Chun Hei whines.

"Then I will be the bad friend...next time okay Chun Hei?" Changmin hugs Chun Hei. She nods with a frown and exits the room. The screaming starts back up almost immediately and Chun Hei mopes downstairs into the kitchen.

 

"What's wrong munchkin?" Luhan picks up Chun Hei. She's looks like she's about to cry as she rests her head on Luhan's shoulder. "The boys were being mean?"

"Only Li-Liang but Changmin and Ming Hoa don't want to come to the tea party," Chun Hei cries out. Luhan and Minseok look at each other at the same time while their daughter is sniffling. 

"I should really call Li-Liang's mom again about his nasty behavior..." Minseok is about to pull out his phone.

"No because then you're just going to get into argument...no woman wants to hear about her child being bad," Luhan points out. Minseok puts his phone down because his husband does has a point. Also Li-Liang is just like his mother and he doesn't want to hear her go off because it will end in him wanting to throw something. "Chun Hei can me and your daddy come to the legendary tea party?"

Chun Hei lifts up her head and she looks at Luhan with a wide smile. "Are you serious?!"

"Yeah of course! I wouldn't miss my munchkin's princess tea party for the world. Plus the player portfolios I was going over can wait...what about you Minseok?"

"I'm free...and a tea party with food sounds way better than Game of Thrones," Minseok smiles. Chun Hei claps and runs to her room when Luhan puts her down.

"This tea party is going to be a blast!" Chun Hei yells from upstairs. 

"Hannie you know the cake I made this morning that I wanted to save for dessert?" Minseok questions while getting up from his seat with a little struggle. 

"Yeah what about it?"

"I told Chun Hei she couldn't have sweets but let's bring the cake to the tea party so the boys can be jealous," Minseok smirks.

"That sounds like a great idea Minnie," Luhan goes to retrieve the cheesecake Minseok prepared at the cracks of dawn because he couldn't sleep.

 

Chun Hei is in her bathroom changing into her princess dress. She's wearing a frilly pink and purple dress she got for her birthday and a fuzzy purple boa she got last week at the store with her friends. For a head piece Chun Hei wears the tiara her uncle Zitao got her. She goes through the makeup kit her uncle Baek got for her last months and pulls out the sparkly lip gloss.

"The natural look is the new thing," She tells herself as she applies the lip gloss on her lips. Once she rubs her lips together she exits her bathroom only to find everything perfectly set up. The tea and food is set on the table, all the guest are decent, and he daddies are on the floor seated.

"Looks like the princess has arrived!" Luhan shouts. Both he and Minseok start clapping. Chun Hei does a curtsy before narrowing her eyes at Luhan. "What's wrong?"

"You aren't pretty enough to stay," Chun Hei states.

"That's the first time I've heard that," Luhan says. Minseok tries so hard not to laugh but he ends up snorting.

"Seriously dad you don't have any makeup on you have to be princess," Chun Hei crosses her arms.

"But Minseok doesn't have any makeup..." Luhan points out.

"He's pregnant so he's automatically pretty."

"So am I not pretty when I'm not pregnant?" Minseok asks. Chun Hei ignores Minseok and runs to the bathroom for her makeup kit. She grabs the bag and brings it out to the bedroom before going into the closet to grab a pink and pastel blue colored boa's. Chun Hei puts the accessories in front of them. "I think pink fits your dad well right?"

"No it does-" 

"Daddy you're right. Pink fits dad really well," Chun Hei cuts off Luhan's objection. Luhan glares at Minseok a Chun Hei wraps the boa around Luhan's neck. 

"I look fabulous I know," Luhan bluffs with his head held high.

"Not with your hair you don't," Chun Hei disagrees. Minseok starts laughing and he's extremely proud his daughter inherited his snarky mouth at such a young age. Luhan has an offended look on his face as Chun Hei grabs one of her ponytail holders from her dresser. She motions for Luhan to bend over a little, which he does, before grabbing a handful of his hair and putting it in a high ponytail. "You are getting there"

"I think dad needs some eye shadow," Minseok comments.

"I think daddy is about to get a time out if he doesn't stop talking," Luhan deadpans.

"You can't give daddy a timeout he's a grown up. Plus I am not going to put the stuff on your eyes because the natural look is in style," Chun Hei pulls out glitter from her bag and opens up the cap. "But you do need glitter." She takes a makeup brush and dabs it into the glitter before applying it to Luhan's face.

"And what does a six year old know about 'the natural look' being in style?" Luhan asks with his eyes closed.

"Uncle Baek tells me everything that's in style."

"I forgot he's the one that gave you an actual makeup kit, Because if you're going to use makeup use the real stuff," Luhan mocks his friend.

"Although I thought that was ridiculous it's not as bad as Tao buying her a real tiara with legit diamonds," Minseok points out when he notcies the tiara Chun Hei has on her head. Minseok wanted to smack some sense into Tao the day he bought Chun Hei that expensive tiara. Chun Hei covers Luhan's face in glitter before she announces that she's done. Minseok slowly claps as Chun Hei puts away the stuff. "I should take a picture."

"No flash photography inside the royal tea room unless you are paparazzi," Chun Hei exclaims. She finally takes a seat on one of the cushions and the tea party preperation is finished. She even notices the cake and she gets really excited.

"Yeah what princess munchkin said," Luhan sticks out his tongue. "My princess is the tea party ready to begin?"

"Yes it is," Chun Hei claps her hands. The tea party begins and all of the guest get poured their tea courtesy of lady gentlmen Luhan. Chun Hei distributes the sandwiches she made with care and they all eat while talking about the princesses kingdom.

"So does the princess want to renovate her palace or is princess still the it thing?" Minseok eyes Chun Hei's room while sipping the tea. Minseok's a little grossed out because he's a coffee man but tea has been okay with his stomach during this pregnancy. 

"Can I have princesses and Digimon?" Chun Hei asks with full of fruit.

"No because you're just going to grow out of it," Luhan says.

"Digimon is forever," Chun Hei pouts. Minseok gives Chun Hei a high five because she made a great point, Digimon is forever. There's a knock on Chun Hei's door. "Come in unless you're on ogre!"

 The door opens and Changmin and his friends have their eyes glued at the food set on the table. Luhan is hiding his face because he doesn't want any of the other kids to see him the way he is, kids are evil and have no filter buttons when it comes to thoughts. So they will verbally destroy you without knowing it's bad. 

"I said no ogres," Chun Hei pouts.

"Me and Ming Hoa aren't ogres only Li-Liang is...also we are a little hungry and we were wondering if the princess wanted to invite us to her tea party?" Changmin sheepishly rubs the back of his neck.

"You guys didn't want to come to the party in the first place. She shouldn't let you meanies in," Minseok scolds. 

"It was Li-Liang who didn't want to come. I honestly wantd to come to the tea party..." Ming Hoa has his head down.

"Okay so Li-Liang should apologize if he wants to come to the tea party," Luhan says with his head down on the table. Minseok thinks Luhan is a complete idiot. 

"I don't want to apologize tea parties are stupid and girly," Li-Liang objects. Both Changmin and Ming Hoa hit him right after.

"Then you can leave your shoes are at the door," Chun Hei rolls her eyes. For the second time of the day Minseok high fives Chun Hei, he has never felt so proud in his life. Li-Liang glares for a minute before getting pulled into a huddle with his friends and they hit him a couple more times and throw him on his knees. Li-Liang bows formally before letting out a loud sigh.

"Princess Chun Hei I am sorry for being mean to you earlier. Please forgive me," Li-Liang apologizes.

"And," Ming Hoa interjects.

"And I am a stupid ogre," Li-Liang groans.

"No you are an ugly ogre," Chun Hei says and the boys start laughing again. Luhan and Minseok look at each other because they're pretty sure they should scold the kids for being too mean but they really don't care that much to say anything. "But you guys can stay...only if you listen to me."

"Yay!" The boys run into the room and sit at the table. Chun Hei puts boa's on them and hands them a cup of tea.

 

 

"Before we do anything it's time for us to get down to the real business. I wanted to have this tea party for one reason," Chun Hei shouts out to the whole room while they're eating. They all turn to Chun Hei with curious gazes. "It's time for me to destroy you all in pokemon x go get your ds' " She narrows her eyes while pulling out her 3ds. 

"You are so going down!" Changmin yells while running to his room to get his 3ds. His friends also follow him to get their game systems.

"I will teach all of you toddlers how to play pokemon x" Luhan gets up from the floor and makes a run to his room for his 3ds.

"Get my 3ds for me Hannie it's on my night stand!" Minseok shouts.

"Dad you're not going to beat me with that hair style!" Chun Hei screams. For the third time of the day Minseok gives Chun Hei a high five. Seriously where does she come up with these things.