Final (Oneshot)

Until We Meet Again (TaoRis FanFic)

       Kris was staring at the sunflowers that he brought before he went to a place he was not wishing his lover to be in – the hospital. He sighed as he took his steps on the silent hall way until he reached his lover’s room. His lover was there, looking outside by the window. Though he was sick, his inner glow didn’t fade. It was still the same as when they first met.

 

       “Gege.” Tao smiled to his lover as he saw him at the door.

       “I brought something for you.” He walked closer to his lover and handed him the bouquet of flowers. “I saw this and I remembered you.”

 

       Tao accepted the flowers and gave a kiss on Kris cheek. “Thanks. They’re beautiful. Shall we put them on vase?”

       “Of course, let me put you back on your bed first. Kris nodded as he assisted his lover to his bed. He then took the flowers and put it in the vase – just right beside Tao’s bed. After that, he the steamer and sat beside his lover’s bed.

 

       “Gege.” Tao called him. “I dreamt about us last night.”

       Kris looked at him and took the latter’s hand. “I’m listening.”

       Tao blushed. “I dreamt about us having a family.”

       “But we are already a family, honey.”

       “No! I mean: you, me and a baby.” Tao weakly smiled.

       “That’s why you need to get well soon.”

       “Gege,” Tao started to play with his lover’s hand. “When I’m gone . . .”

       “Hey! Don’t say that! You’re scaring me!”

       Tao smiled. But being stubborn, he continued. “When I’m gone . . . Please make my dream come true.”

 

       Kris was stunned. He never talked to Tao this serious. They always talk about their dreams together but not as serious as this. They were together for almost two years but he never heard of his lover like this.

 

       “When I’m gone . . . Please don’t punish yourself. I also want to see you happy.”

 

       Kris didn’t move. Instead, he just held his lover’s hand even tighter. Without his knowledge, a tear fell from his eyes. His poker face changed as his shoulder shook. He lowered his head and started to sob.

 

       “Gege. Please . . .” Tao paused and took a labored breath. “Please don’t cry for me. I don’t want to see you like that.”

       “Tao, you’re my everything! How can I not be sad if you talk this way? Are you giving up?”

       “No.” Tao said in a calm voice. “I’m patching this up. And you know, Lay is a good guy too and . . .”

       “Patching things up with others? Why not with you?”

       “You know that I won’t last any longer.”

       “There you said it! Are we going to argue about it?”

 

       The two of them stared at each other for a moment. Kris was too weak to be resistant towards his lover. He gave up and sat back to hold his lover’s hand again. He scanned his lover’s weak appearance. He became a little bit pale than yesterday, but his face was still the same. His lover’s cold breaths touched his cheek, sending and odd feeling to Kris.

 

       “I want to sleep, Kris.” Tao said as he let out a strong cough.

 

       Kris immediately nodded and kissed his lover’s lips. Tao accepted it whole heartedly before he slowly closed his eyes. He can hear his lover’s weak breaths. Slowly at a time – until it stopped. His eyes grew bigger as he shook his lover’s hand. Tao’s hand gave up from gripping and his strength faded like a bubble. Kris felt that his heart stopped too and his body turned into stone. His ears stopped from hearing sounds as he let out a soundless cry. Tears started to creep out from his fine eyes as he repeatedly called out his lover’s name. He stood up and called out the nurses but it seems like they are the only person on that floor of the building. He glanced back to his lifeless lover. His eyes weaken and his strength too. He can’t feel his own body anymore. Kris knelt down before his lover and cried all of his feelings. He felt loved but frustrated and angered at the same time.

 

       “You promised me to love me forever! Why? Why?” He repeated those words.

 

       There was no response coming from his lover.

 

       “How can I live without you? I’m nothing without you, Tao!” He cried even more. He never cried like this before for someone. He realized that time how it feels to be left behind.

 

       “Honey! Come on! We need to make our dreams come true together!” He kissed his lover’s hand.

 

       He stayed there for he doesn’t know how long. The only thing that he knew was his lover’s gone. He can’t imagine his self being in this awful situation, but now, he’s there. His dreams shattered and became into pieces – his heart will never be the same again. Memories of him and his lover flashed in his mind: all of the kisses that they gave and the nights that they shared will only be a memory.


 

 

 

 

       “Ew! Let go! You’re wetting my hand with your tears!”

       Kris was stunned from what he heard.

       Tao pulled back his hand and wiped it with his blanket. “How can a person die because of a fractured ankle?”

 

       Kris looked like a clueless puppy from what he just saw. His lover was there, back in his lively face as he wiped his wet hand. Tao’s blank face turned into a bright one as he burst out of laughter.

 

       “You’re taking things seriously, gege.”

       “Tao.” Kris hissed. “Dying is not a joke.”

       “No. I’m not joking. You are just that idiot that it’s easy for you to be fooled.”

       “Yah!” Kris stood up as he shooed his lover. “How can you do that?” Kris gave a strong grunt, telling Tao that he was really irritated.

 

       He turned his back and walked out from Tao’s room. Tao aimed to stand up to follow the latter but he moved his fractured ankle in wrong position. He let out a weak moan as he called out his lover’s name. In an instant, Kris rushed back to check what happened.

 

       “Gege! I think I moved my ankle in a wrong position.” Tao suffered because of the pain.

       “Let me see!” Kris worriedly opened the blanket. “I’ll call the nurse down stairs.”

       Tao pouted. “Give me a kiss first.”

       Kris looked at his over. Seeing how cute his lover was, he gave up and gave a light kiss on his lover’s lips.

       “Just stay like this so you won’t move your ankle again.”

       Tao smiled and palmed his lover’s cheek. “I love you.”

 

       “I love you too, baby.”


 

       A/N:

       This is supposed to be a sad story but I don't want to stress you out! I hope that you enjoyed this short fic. Don't forget to subcribe, leave a comment, and better to upvote! Thank you guys!

 

Also check my on-going story: (just click on the picture, if you cannot open it, just refresh the page.)

The Emperor's Wives - main story image