Simple Act Two

Simple Act of Loving You

Free days were few and far between, so when there were no schedules the boys tried to make the most of it. On sticky summer days like this that generally meant finding an activity that would keep them the coolest for the longest amount of time and required the least possible amount of physical activity or effort. Dongwoon, Kikwang, and Hyunseung were cooling off at the Han River and Junhyung was off god knows where; he didn’t say anything when he left the dorm that day and it was too hot for anyone to think about asking where he was going. Only Doojoon and Yoseob remained at home, happy for some time alone and happy to claim the living space for themselves.

They set up shop in the living room for their lazy summer day of freedom. In the corner of the room, a single oscillating fan whirred softly in a valiant effort to cool the boys. Yoseob was laying on his stomach propped up on one elbow while he watched t.v. and was half-heartedly fanning himself with a magazine that he’d decided was infinitely more useful that way than as reading material. Head resting on the small of Yoseob’s back, Doojoon laid with a hat on his face, arms crossed over his chest, one leg bent and the other outstretched as he attempted to nap despite the heavy, humid air. The difficult task was made even moreso thanks to Yoseob’s insistence on talking to the characters on the show he was watching and intermittently muttering about how hot he was.

The truth was, the sweeping motion of the fan did next to nothing in the way of cooling off anything in the room and Yoseob was starting to whine about his arm being tired from waving the magazine back and forth. It was all very close to getting on Doojoon’s nerves, mostly because he was roasting half to death, too. In the middle of Yoseob’s latest round of complaints, Doojoon abruptly pulled the hat off his face and sat up. The younger boy stopped talking, surprised that he was actually still awake, and gave him a quizzical look as he got to his feet and walked across the room. Doojoon unplugged the fan and carried it closer to where they were sprawled out on the floor. Plugging it back in, he turned off the oscillation feature and repositioned it so that the stream of air pointed directly at Yoseob’s curious little face.

Doojoon completed these actions without ever even looking at Yoseob and while the latter lay there feeling surprised and more than a little touched, the former just stretched back out on the floor, resting his head exactly where it had been a few moments ago and giving Yoseob a little pat on the before putting the hat back on his face and finally getting his longed-for nap.