CHAPTER 2 - Time to Love

T-ara got married

"They... They were shouting her name..." Jiyeon says, crestfallen. "¿Wh.. Why?" Although she tries, she can't help but cry. "¿Why? I thought all those things about bullying were already clear... ¿Why do they still support her like she is a victim?"

"Don't cry..." Eunjung says with a soft voice while cleaning the tears falling down Jiyeon's face with her thumb. "We already knew something like that could happen. After all, it's our first public appearance after the controversity."

"I know.. I know..." Even though she says that she still cries even more. "But it's unfair! She.. she is at home, with no worries, while we have to bear with all of this, because of her!- Jiyeon shouts angry."

Areum watches the scene in silence, not knowing what to say. Not knowing where to look at. Until she lays her eyes on Qri, trying to control her feelings fighting with the tears that threaten to fall. Trembling clenched hands. She thinks that will help her hold back all the feelings she has at that moment. Unable of stand it any more, she turns around and leaves the waiting room. Areums runs after her, worried. 

Jiyeon sits down on the floor, still crying, resting her head on her knees.

"Don't cry... It's even more painful for all of us seeing you like this..." Eunjung says.

"Yes. Don't cry." Hyomin says almost crying.

Jiyeon raises her head and looks at Hyomin. Eunjung does the same.

"Yah! Hyomin-ah. ¿Are you going to cry as well? You aren't helping."

"It hurts... It hurts seeing Jiyeon like this. But.. I'm not gonna cry." Hyomin says trying to change the expression on her face for a smile.- We have to be strong.

Hyomin helps Jiyeon to stand up and she hugs her. Eunjung looks at her with jealousy. 

"Yah! Don't leave me out of the hug."

"Unnie, come here." Both say while hugging Eunjung.

--------

"Annyeonghaseyo (hello), unnie. Oh!, you changed your hairstyle... I liked your short green melon-like hair."

Qri sighs. It's been days since the last time she talked with someone. Since the incident that happened the other day  at Jeju concert. She knows. She knows that Areum tried to run after her after what happened. Even though, she acted like nothing happened. Disappearing among the mix of artists, managers, staffs... that filled the corridors at that moment. Running away from everyone. At that moment, what she needed the most was being alone. Alone to be able to cry in silence without having to worry about explanations. O maybe the opposite. Maybe she just needed and wanted someone to be there while she cried and someone who she could tell the reason of her tears to...

"Are you ok, unnie? If you need to talk with someone... I'm here..." Areum watches Qri lying on the sofa. "Do you want another hug?" she says playfully making Qri blush.

 

The maknae sits on the sofa next to her unnie and she starts to caress her hair. Qri goes back to her previous state, abstracted, with a lifeless gaze. The two of them stay like that for several minutes until Qri breaks the silence.

"She was in love with another person. That's why it hurts even more." Areum stays silent. "She... She was my first love. I thought I fell in love before but.. that wasn't really love. Affection? Fondness? The simple desire of wanting someone who loves you next to you? Even when you don't feel the same... As time went by I realized my mistake. Being with someone just because you don't want to be alone, because you just want to be in a couple, thinking that I'll love him with time... I realized that wasn't what I really wished for. It was then when I met her. Love at first sight? Maybe? I don't know... When I became aware of my feelings, it was too late. Every time she looked at me, I got lost in her shiny and beautiful brown eyes. Every time she talked with me, I couldn't help but observe her soft lips moving with every word. That kind of moments made me understand how it feels like when you love someone." Somewhere in the middle of the confession, Areum stopped caressing Qri's hair without realizing, trying to assimilate everything she was listening. "I... I got my hair cut because of her. The way she liked it. I wore the clothes we bought together. I even went to her house. She doesn't live there anymore. I tried to call her, but she changed her number. My mind tells me I can't forget her... I still listen to the songs we used to listen to together. On one hand I don't want to see her again, worried that my heart will become weak, worried that she might see my pitiful condition. I want to forget her. Maybe I'll see her again. Maybe she sees me. Maybe.. she comes back.. but I will forget my feelings for her."

 

------

 

"Boram unnie... Boram-ah... Jeon Boram... Rambbo!"

"Mwo? What?" Boram replies from her room. 

"Can you come here for a moment? I have something for you?"

"What is it?"

"You'll see when you come"

"Is it food?"

"Come here. I'm sure you'll love it"

"Ok..."

Boram goes to the kitchen shuffling her feet happily. Nobody. She keeps going towards the living room. Also empty. 

"What the..? Yah! Park Soyeon! Are you trying to play a joke on me again?" says Boram angry.

Just then she feels two arms wrapping her into a hug.

"You are so cute when you get angry." Soyeon whispers softly on her ear.

Boram feels how a shiver runs through her entire body.

"What.. what did you want to give me?" 

"Close you eyes..."

Boram closes her eyes, hesitantly. He never feels nervous being with Soyeon but, this time, it's different. Just a few hours ago cameras where placed almost everywhere. They will film their every move almost 24/7... She feels a lot of pressure. She feels trapped. Unnable to show her true self.

"What could it be? Food? I'm sure it's food. Sweets? Chocolate? Ice-cream? A cake?" Boram daydreams will all kind of food.

"I want to try something." Says Soyeon. "I read somewhere that when you can't see, every sensation is intensified... And they can become more pleasing." She breathes the last part slowly, making the air that escapes from reach Boram's neck, causing a wave of feelings across her body that ends with a soft moan and the sound of the 'victim' trying to gulp. "Open your mouth"

When Boram obeys, Soyeon puts a piece of chocolate inside .

"Mmm.." The chocolate starts to melt slowly on her tongue. It makes water. Time seems to go more and more slow.

"Does it taste better?"

Boram nods slightly and Soyeon gives her another piece of chocolate. Enjoying the sweet taste of the chocolate, she lets herself get lost in her own thoughts when a soft pair of lips wakes her up from her short and pleasant dream with a peck on her cheek. Her eyes burst open, dumbfounded because of what just happened.

"Park Soyeon! Neo! (You)." Boram acts like she's angry.

Soyeon smirks at her and runs away from the crime scene jumping and laughing like a prankster kid.

Boram can't help but smile. Her hand touches her cheek softly and suddenly she remembers what Soyeon said 'every sensation is intensified... And they can become more pleasing...'.