NORTH LIGHT CHAPTER ONE

NORTH LIGHT


Oh Sehun was ing pissed.
And when I mean ing, I mean ing furious, .

"Yah! What do you ing mean you can't get that goddamned clown to drop by for a few minutes? We scheduled this ing party five weeks ago for the kids and this is how you diss us?

...

WHAT. THE . Did I just hear correctly or are my ears too full of your stupid? DID YOU JUST ING SAY THAT ASSWIPE ELOPED WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND YESTERDAY? WHAT THE ACTUAL ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS FOR? Get a ing replacement by tomorrow. Give me back the thirty minutes of my life I wasted talking you on the phone before I punch a hole through your face. Pass your ing phone to your boss so that I can ing tell him what an irresponsible little you are. Be prepared for me to come cut your off if you don't do so in the next five seconds."

And with that, Oh Sehun hung up on the event planner, who, he might add, was probably shaking like a leaf in their office, like the suave motherer he was. He sighed heavily in exasperation and hammered his fist against his bulletproof window, not causing a dent in the slightest in the unblemished expanse of tinted glass.

He pursed his lips into a perfect upside-down U and glared daggers at the red light that stopped him from speeding away to his apartment. ing stoplight you tryna make me you over you lil gtfo and outta my face before I spank ur so hard you turn green As stupid as venting his frustration out on the harmless stoplight was, Sehun couldn't help it.

Didn't that over at the event planning agency understand that his classfull of bAbiES are waiting for their party to happen? What the  did they not understand? Jongin was gonna kick his and pull every strand of blonde hair right out of his scalp the moment he broke the news to him tomorrow morning. He hated it when Kim mothering Jongin did that. He'd be a bald man for the rest of his life starting tomorrow. Oh, the woes of being a nineteen-year-old without hair would be upon him tomorrow morning. He hated- no, despised having to deal with lil s all night long. But his babies were gonna stay happy. They weren't gonna cry on his watch, motherers.

The glaring red turned a mellow green and Sehun slammed on the accelerators, gazing through the window to his right as he sped through the night. Funny how no cars were on the road tonight. The lights that flashed past alongside the roads made him feel like he was walking down that lane in the Incredibles. It was in some ty evil lair and had lights glowing on the ground or something like that. What was that guy's name again? Boot? Bon?

His eyes went off the road for a split second. But a second was all it took for him to catch just the slightest glimpse of honey brown locks and pale snowy skin glimmering in front of his headlights.

His foot instinctively slammed down hard on the breaks, his lips releasing a feral growl and his knuckles turning white on the wheel. " ity what the do i do ohgod did i kill him " was all that played on repeat in his head. He felt the world go white for a moment as his body weight was thrown around the car, smashing painfully against his headboard as his airbag exploded and filled his whole ing face with it.

He forced his foot to remain on the brake, expertly swerving his car to the side of the road, trying not to burn his tyres while he was at it. Flares of pain shot up the leg that was straining to keep itself grounded on the cushioned floor as it pressed hard on the brakes. He felt something wet pooling below. Sehun ignored it and forcefully kept himself away from the windows with his arms, bracing himself.

He heard his pale ivory dress shirt tear and his heavy breathing resonating through the car. Time seemed to be nonexistent.

Every window in his car exploded into pieces.
A deafening white sound filled his ears and made him scrunch his eyes and grit his teeth. His hands flew away from the already bloodied glass to attach themselves firmly against his ears. The coppery scent of blood began to seep through his clothes and into his head. It was nauseating.

I am the worst tard ever. The absolute worst Sehun felt the blood pouding dully in his head but he remained alert, tense and ready to act. The sudden impact that followed the glass explosion had him flung against the open windows. He felt something sharp slice his ears and probe deep inside. It hurt. It wasn't just his legs that felt wet anymore. His whole head felt wet too.

A pale white hand shakily went up to his ears and his forehead, coming away with crimson blood that shone vividly against his milky skin. A gasp escaped his lips.

Or so he thought.

He gasped again. And again. And again. He tried screaming at the top of his lungs. He banged his steering wheel. He tried saying his name over and over again. "Oh Sehun! OH Sehun! SEHUN! Sehun! Sehun!"

He couldn't hear a thing.

He began hyperventilating as tears sprung to his eyes. "I am Oh Sehun. Nineteen years old. I'm a preschool teacher at Hope Academy. I have an older brother named Oh Hyunseung. My best friend is Kim Jongin. I-" Sehun recited facts about himself robotically, straining his ears to detect something, anything.

But they never did.

Sehun's eyes were watering and his breathing was getting ragged. Panic was beginning to consume him. Until he realised that someone outside was probably hurt just as badly as he was. A scream tore from his throat as he tried moving his left leg. He whimpered and bit down hard on his lip; drawing blood. He looked down and saw something big, metal and sharp piercing straight through his leg. Velvety trails of red were flowing, and flowing fast. He gripped his leg as streaks of pain throbbed and hurt and just burned.

He breathed heavily and hurriedly looked out the window. He craned his neck threw and felt his eyes grow as big as Jongin's saucepans. There was a body.

On the road. Unmoving. Pale. Not breathing. Boy. Blood. Unconscious. Bleeding. Injured. Glass.
Words ran through his mind and he glanced down at his torn leg again before steeling himself. Just because you can't hear doesn't mean you can't think or do something about this. Grow a pair of balls, Oh Sehun. Someone could die because of you, you motherer. A guttural sound erupted from his raw throat as he moved his left leg just an inch. Sweat seeped through his shirt and streamed down his neck. His heart was palpitating madly and he forced his car door open. He watched with sad eyes as the metal hinges broke and the door fell away onto the rough gravel, completely detached.

He struggled to get a hold on the hood of his car and dragged himself outside, landing on the ground roughly as the pain in his leg became unbearable. It was ing awful.

White spots began blossoming in his vision. He lay on the ground and let his head clear for a minute or so before quickly recalling the first aid and survival skills drilled into him during camps. He observed his leg carefully under the moonlight, contemplating the amount of time he had to get to the unconscious boy with a leg that was already half-metal.

He ripped his shirt in half and bound it around both his torn and jagged skin as well as the huge piece of metal that was now stained red with blood and covered in flesh. It was gruesome, but Sehun put on a hard mask and worked. Once the makeshift bandage was done he tried moving his leg a little. It didn't hurt as bad, but still hurt like a . His eyes flickered to the boy on the road, and he slowly, but surely, began inching towards him.

He used his strong arms to pull himself forward while his right leg pushed backwards. He was going to get to that boy no matteringwhat. He crawled and shimmied army-style.

Just one more time. Just one more.

He threw his hand in front of him, flailing and wheezing. Just a breath away.

With one last burst of energy he pulled himself forward and jumpily rose on to his knees to rest at the boy's side. The sight that greeted him from above was horrifying.

The first thing he noticed wasn't the boy's honey brown locks or his button-shaped nose. Nor was it his pale, slender neck or his effeminate and lean build.

It was his eyes.

Oh, no, they weren't a dazzling shade of blue or a beautiful emerald green or light hazel. Oh no, in fact, they were red.

Red with blood, that is.

For the first time in his life, the gag reflex he thought had been vanquished so long ago during camp when eating raw snake meat and hornets was a norm, acted up.

The boy's eyes were shrouded by glass. They cut deep into the whites of his eyes and his irises. They sparkled menacingly as blood leaked from his eyes and down his smooth cheeks. He looked like he was crying blood. His lips had suspicious tinges of blue and purple. He wasn't moving.

Sehun raised a hand up to his mouth. He was shaking violently. His hands were cold but damp. He was crying. He reached a hand out to the boy and cupped his shoulder. Even though he couldn't hear himself, he bet the boy could. "YAH! WAKE UP! YAH! CAN YOU HEAR ME? ANSWER ME IF YOU CAN! YAH!" He screamed at the top of his lungs and frantically looked around for someone, anyone to help them.

His car was probably blaring. Someone would hear it for sure. They probably heard the explosion too. They have to come. They have to.

The boy gazed blankly into the distance with glass clouding his vision. He looked dead. Sehun grabbed his wrist and felt for a pulse.

Hope blossomed in him and relief washed over his senses. There was still a pulse, albeit an extremely weak one. Sehun held his hand and screamed for help.

Nothing rang in his ears but something probably did in someone else's. He screamed and screamed and screamed until his throat went raw. He clasped the boy's hand in his and whispered I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry forgive me i'm sorry you're hurt so badly oh god i'm sorry you're gonna be okay don't lose me alright stay conscious keep breathing don't leave me don't leave me don't leave me

His whispering was hysteric and he began sobbing in hiccup-like rhythms. He cradled the boy's hand and held it up to his face, still whispering apologies and 'don't leave me's.

Before he stopped breathing and out he swore he felt the presence of a warm hand on his shoulder.