Chased

Where's the finish line?

Minseok is an extraordinary guy. He might lack ability in school, fail most of his important test, or fall in love with an arrogant guy, but he has this ability to remember things perfectly that even the smallest detail is etched behind his brain. And he hates it. It would be alright if there's a filtration with it, but then there's no such a thing as seperating bad memories away from good one because memories, either good or bad, will always stay together. 

Speaking of memories, Minseok still remembers the day he got rejected by the person he adores so much. Lu Han, the school's most intelligent and apparently the most handsome student, was the one he confessed to that day. After watching Lu Han delivering his welcome speech in their first year of highschool in one of their important ceremony, Minseok couldn't help but to fall for his charms and intelligence. Actually, Lu Han could be 10/10 in the perfection scale if he isn't too arrogant and cold towards people, especially the group of girls that adores him in everything he does. Sadly, Minseok was one of them. He watched and idolize Luhan from afar for 3 years, until one day, Minseok decided to confess his love to Luhan. When Minseok decided to do something, he will certainly do it. That's one of the positive traits of him despite of his obvious clumsiness. So that night, he spent the whole time to correct his letter for Luhan. He checked the possibly wrong grammar, wrong spelling or even the wrong usage of words, and since he's not as wise as Luhan is, it took him a matter of hours that he slept at 3 pm because he believed that Luhan is precious so his letter must be cherish-worthy too. He went to school very sleepy and tired the next day but he surprisingly managed to look good (at least) for the confession. He had his hair down because his dad told him that he looks better that way, and he washed his face very carefully so that Luhan won't notice anything to mock on. Fixing his uniform and bringing out his letter from his bag with a trembling hands, Minseok waits for Luhan to arrive at the gates. A couple of minutes has passed and his apple of the eye made his way towards the gates, and Minseok whispered this is it to himself before blocking the other's way. He succeed stopping Luhan but the younger just stared at him with his usual poker face. Minseok doesn't feel like backing out though but instead, he hands out the letter he prepared for 3 hours and looked down at the ground before saying in a low tone, I like you, please read my letter, Luhan.

Minseok doesn't really want to remember the next scene anymore. He doesn't want to recall the shame, the mocks, and the pain he felt when Luhan rejected him without even trying to read his letter, and what Minseok hurts even more was Luhan didn't even spare a single glance at his letter. That hurts the out of him, and that day, he finally decided to stop his feelings for the younger. He's officially giving up, or so he thought.

He kept on saying that he will give up and he will never fall for him again, but Minseok just ate all his words and fell way harder this time to Luhan. After their house collapses, and after the day he found out that he's living in the same roof as Luhan, Minseok couldn't stop himself to fall harder to him because he had the chance to know Luhan more this time. And up to this moment, no matter how many tries he did in the past, He still like Luhan. He still love Luhan. For him, there's no way out and that hurts him even more. Unrequited love is tiring, really really tiring.

"Hyung?"

Kai snapped the reality back to Minseok when he called his attention with a furrowed eyebrow. They've been standing at the middle of the busy crowd for a long while and Kai's been kneeling for a couple of minutes too. Minseok eyes didn't left Kai's face though, he's trying real hard to process what the younger had asked earlier.

"What?" Minseok asked, and Kai cleared his throat before wiggling the cute teddy bear Minseok really wanted to have from the arcade they were from a few minutes ago.

"I said, Kim Minseok, hyung,"

He paused. And looks straightly into his eyes.

"Will you marry me?"

Minseok doesn't know what to say so he just looked down at Jongin and answered him with a Please give some time to think, Jongin.

 

 

 

"Jongin asked you to marry him?!"

Minseok bestfriends, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, asks him (or more like shouted) after Minseok shared what happened yesterday. The two kept bugging him about what happened to the date yesterday and if he enjoyed his company and such. Minseok trusted them very much that he spilled that Jongin in deed asked him to marry him. Though, his two bestfriend's reaction didn't surprised him anymore, he knew they are stupid like him anyways. Minseok has nothing to say so he just nodded his head and that's like a cue for Kyungsoo to grab their wrist and drag them towards the table, making Minseok sit in the center and them cornering him between two chairs. 

"Did he really asked you that?" Baekhyun asks, still in complete surprise of what his bestfriend said. 

Minseok just nodded in response.

"So what's your answer?" Curiosity and eagerness to know is obvious in Kyungsoo's tone when he asks while his gaze is focused at Minseok and Minseok only, completely ignoring the stares they are receiving after their sudden outburst a while ago.

Minseok looks down and plays with his fingers, "I said I need some time to think." He sighs, "Luckily, he said okay or else I'm dead."

A mere Oh is what Minseok heard next. They stayed silent for about three minutes until Baekhyun took off his headphones hanging on his neck and placed it on the table with a loud bang. Of course, the attention was on them again, but Baekhyun could care less.

"Jongin is better than Luhan." He started, fiery eyes starting to be more obvious, "Jongin has loved you since high school, and now he still do. Aren't he the sweetest?" 

It's now Kyungsoo's turn to place his things on the table with a loud bang as well, and casts a look at Baekhyun before saying, "Right. And Jongin did everything to make you happy, not like that Luhan who did nothing but to make you cry." They both nodded and highfived each other before turning their attention to Minseok, who's eyes are still looking down on his lap.

"But..." Minseok took a trail to his fingers upto his bestfriends' face, "I like Jongin, yes, but I don't know if I can return his feelings back." And again, Minseok sighs. "You guys understand what I mean right?"

The both of them nodded and sighs, slumping back to their seat. 

"I'll still go for Jongin though." Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun, and flashes a small smile. "Give him a chance."

With that, their prof took an entrance and he started the class with a flashback of yesterday's topic. Minseok tried to focus on what the prof was saying but his mind kept on roaming around away from his class. His mind kept on asking,  Jongin or Luhan?

 

 

 

Luhan exhaustedly heaves a huff when he exits the principal's office. Today, he gathered all his things and informed the teachers that he won't attend classes nor continue his study anymore since his father, who's currently at the hospital, needed him to handle the company while he's on rest. His father doesn't want him to do that, but Luhan insisted telling them that it's his responsibility as their older son. 

Luhan's responsibility, though, seems like a little bit too much that it already hit the roof. His responsibility is to take his father's position for a while, monitor the company's improvement and attend the meetings his father needed to attend, but marrying a girl from his father's company partner for the sake of their stocks Lu's company has been receiving is not a part of it. It will never be a part of it, but like what Luhan did before, he didn't hesistate to accept the offer because the offer will surely help the fast rising from the ground of their company. No matter how many pleas he heard from his parents and his brother, there's no backing out for him. But he wouldn't deny that he felt disappointed that Minseok doesn't even tried to plead him too. It's not like he want him to do that, or maybe he does, he don't really know.

He's been feeling weird towards Minseok these past few weeks. Really really weird that he wants to hug Minseok and tell him that he's only his, and not anyone else. Luhan may be falling for Minseok too, but the chance of them being together is quite blurry. Maybe it's because of his pride and also the news that he'll marry someone else now. Luhan noticed that Minseok is isolating himself from him now a days. And Luhan doesn't know why he is hurting.

So this is what Minseok felt when he kept on rejecting him.

So this is what Minseok felt towards Luhan for a long time already.

Luhan doesn't know what to do. Maybe escaping from his feelings will do.

Luhan sighs, and starts walking out from the university, silently having his silent farewell too.

"Look what we have here," A familiar voice said from behind, "The Luhan."

Luhan turns his head and found a very familiar girls standing behind him with crossed arms and raised eyebrow.

"Yes,The Luhan that will marry another girl despite of knowing Minseok's feelings." Baekhyun stated rather loudly, circling around Luhan with judging eyes.

Kyungsoo followed Baekhyun and walks in circle with him, nodding his head. "Such a heartless man, how could you do that to his fragile heart?" Kyungsoo shook his head.

The deer boy kept his upright position though, looking blankly ahead. 

"Tch tch, good thing Minseok finally realized that Jongin is better than you!" snapped Baekhyun and stops in front of Luhan. "Jongin asked Minseok to marry him and guess what?" Baekhyun casts a look at Kyungsoo and the other glances back at him.

A moment of silence engulf the air. 

"What?" Kyungsoo asks dumbly, blinking twice, thrice trying to get what is the other trying to tell him. Baekhyun bit his lips and glares at him and automatically, Kyungsoo exlaimed an Ah! before turning to Luhan again.

"He said yes!" They said in unison and added, "Go marry your other girl now! He doesn't care anymore!" And then the two runs away from Luhan while jumping in delight and smiling from ear to ear because they finally had their revenge to him.

On the other hand, Luhan is dumbfounded and very confused in everything. Minseok will be marrying Jongin? Minseok said yes? Minseok loved another man beside him?

Luhan's face twisted in pain and annoyance, because that can't happen. He need to do something.

He doesn't care if he used to be the one chased before, because if it's for Minseok, it doesn't bother him to run fast, or even fall down just to reach his Minseok.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So hello guys, the first chapter is up! How was it? Anyways, I have decided to make this story a chaptered one because I find it hard to compress all the ideas in just a one shot. I have so many things in mind that I want to happen here, I'm worried that the one shot will be really loooooooooooooooooooong and I don't want that ;; Don't worry though, I'll just divide it in 5 parts or 4? It could be less than 4 but not greather than 10. 

And if you guys noticed, I started in the present time and not in their highschool time because I think it will make the story much more longer. I hope you guys don't mind. If you have any questions or confusions about this chapter, don't hesistate to comment below because I'll surely answer it. c:

Say hello to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongin too. Yaaay :D