end

His Happy Ending

 

Myungsoo is clingly; to the point Sungyeol feels suffocate by it.

Sungyeol is free and belongs to no one, but Myungsoo always clings to him like Sungyeol is his lifeline (it’s true).

Sungyeol tells him about this but Myungsoo gives him this hurt (betray) looks.

It makes Sungyeol shut his mouth and doesn’t say anything more.

Myungsoo got enough rejection already.

 


 

It all changes when Woohyun comes to Sungyeol’s life.

Myungsoo feels threaten by him, and he confronts Sungyeol about it.

Sungyeol says he and Woohyun only friends and Myungsoo is his best friend.

Myungsoo wants more than best friend.

Sungyeol can practically see that, but he decides to turn his back towards Myungsoo.

 


 

Myungsoo first see Sungyeol and Woohyun sharing a kiss under a tree in their campus ground.

Myungsoo screams at Sungyeol when Sungyeol came to their shared apartment.

Sungyeol says with frustration that, yes, he and Woohyun is boyfriends and Myungsoo only his best friend.

Myungsoo shots Sungyeol this horror (sad, hurt, betray, everything) and slams the door to his room with so much force the painting around it falls off.

Sungyeol doesn’t know this is only the beginning of Myungsoo’s tantrum.

 


 

Myungsoo arrives at their flat first and finds no one around.

Thinking about Sungyeol and Woohyun makes him sick, and he knows well how to get rid of that.

He walks straightly to the bathroom without any expression in his face.

He finds a razor blade inside the drawer and without much further ado, he slices his wrist open.

 


 

Sungyeol manages to bring him to the hospital before he died because of blood loss.

Myungsoo screams at him with tears in his eyes.

 

“Why did you save me when you don’t even love me!!??”

 

Sungyeol remembers what the doctor (Kim Seongsaenim) said to him before he entered Myungsoo’s ward.

 

“He’s mentally unstable, Sungyeol ssi. It’s not the first time he did this and we both know this will not be the last time. I suggest you put him under the right care before he does something more drastic than this. “

 

Sungyeol knows about Myungsoo’s problem (that’s why he’s been taking care of him).

Myungsoo falls limp in his embrace and Sungyeol cries.

They cry together on Myungsoo’s bed.

 


 

Myungsoo smiles more now that he’s out of the hospital.

Every time Sungyeol goes out, Myungsoo will smile widely at him and waves at him with his bandaged hand.

Sungyeol cringes whenever he remembers Myungsoo drowned in his own blood (because of him).

He never meets with Woohyun anymore after that.

 


 

Myungsoo shots Sungyeol a hurtful look when he sees Sungyeol and Woohyun together at the rooftop.

Sungyeol tells Myungsoo that he and Woohyun had been meeting secretly when Myungsoo asked for an explanation.

Myungsoo screams and pulls Sungyeol with him to the edge of the rooftop.

Before he can jump (bringing Sungyeol with him), Woohyun manages to knock him unconscious.

Woohyun says Myungsoo is way too dangerous for Sungyeol to handle and Sungyeol can’t say anything because Woohyun is right.

One wrong move, he can ended like Moonsoo.

 


 

“Moonsoo won’t talk to me…”

“Why?”

“He prefers his friend… he drifts further away from me since he's in 5th grade…”

Sungyeol said nothing. Part of it because he knew what Moonsoo was planning on.

“Moonsoo won’t talk to me…” Myungsoo pouts. “If he won’t talk to me, he will not talk with his friends either.”

“Why?”

“Because he will not wake up.”

The next day Sungyeol found out Moonsoo die in his sleep.

Myungsoo’s parents disown the 12-year-old Myungsoo alone, along with a big black stuffed teddy bear Moonsoo bought for him secretly with his friends.

 


 

Sungyeol still checks on Myungsoo when he’s at the hospital.

Myungsoo doesn’t want to meet Sungyeol because Sungyeol betrayed him.

He throws a tantrum that he’ll kill himself in the most gruesome way possible if Sungyeol ever shows up near him, and believe him, he will know if that happens.

Sungyeol never comes again although he still checks Myungsoo’s condition from phone calls.

Myungsoo at least allows that.

 


 

Myungsoo’s doctor name is Sunggyu, and Myungsoo’s caretaker name is Dongwoo.

Sunggyu is stern and strict. Dongwoo is nice and always laugh.

But he doesn’t want to talk to them because they’re not Sungyeol.

Myungsoo just want to curls up into a ball inside his room and somehow magically find his happy ending (death).

 


 

Myungsoo meets Howon and Sungjong when he walks through the garden.

Both of them look ridiculously happy together and Myungsoo thinks of why Sungyeol and he can’t be the same?

He somehow manages to find a sharp object and slices his wrist open for the nth time.

This time he feels calm because there’s no Sungyeol to save him.

 


 

Dongwoo saves him this time.

Myungsoo screams at him, hitting him with all the strength he can muster up at the moment, throwing things in his arms length at him, intended on hurting him, making him go away.

 

“Why did you save me when you don’t even care about me!!??”

 

He soon loses his strength and fall back to the bed (anemia is a ).

He glances towards his side, expecting Dongwoo to be nowhere in sight after he threw his tantrum.

Dongwoo stays though (his forehead is bleeding), and Myungsoo can only cries weakly under the soft caring gaze.

Maybe someone does care.

 


 

Dongwoo is really nice and caring.

Myungsoo finds out later that Dongwoo will laugh at almost everything and that his laugh is contagious.

He lets Myungsoo cuddle with him anytime he wants (Sungyeol doesn’t) and Myungsoo can’t be more grateful than that.

Myungsoo soon finds Dongwoo’s smile and laugh is beautiful (almost like Sungyeol).

Maybe he let Sungyeol visits him again sometimes.

This time with Woohyun on his side.

 


 

Howon and Sungjong is nice kids wrap under adult figure.

Myungsoo finds out from Dongwoo that they got into an accident together and act like little kids since then.

Dongwoo says it’s tragic, but Myungsoo says it’s beautiful.

When Dongwoo asked why, Myungsoo answer without any emotion.

 

 “Because they are happy together.”

 

He thinks that maybe if he gets into an accident he will finally find his happy ending.

But Dongwoo caressing his hair, and all thoughts drifts away from his mind.

 


 

Myungsoo finds Howon and Sungjong giggling while watching something when he walks through the garden.

He asks what they’re watching and Howon giggles delightfully (he’s older) before answering that Myungsoo should see by himself.

So Myungsoo watches. And regret it soon after.

Sunggyu proposes to Dongwoo, a ring on his hand.

Dongwoo accepts, happily hugging the life out of the doctor.

 

He should’ve known. He should’ve seen it.

 

There will be no happy ending for him.

 

Myungsoo screams and run away from there, ignoring Howon and Sungjong curios question.

He can hear Dongwoo’s voice behind him but he ignores it.

 

Myungsoo run until he manages to get out from the hospital.

He continues to run, bumping into someone (Sungyeol) and wriggling free from someone (Dongwoo).

 

A truck heading his way.

 

There’s a loud crashing sound and Myungsoo feels like he’s flying.

 

He can feel the impact.

 

And his mind finally at peace.

 


 

Happy ending comes in the form of a kid with a lot of similarities of himself.

“Come, hyung,” he says, taking Myungsoo’s hand in his own small hand. “Let’s play with Moonsoo. Because from now on, we’ll be together forever.”

 


 

Patient no. 666

Name: Kim Myungsoo

D.O.B: 1992, March 13th

Age: 22

Status: Discharge

Reason for discharge: Hit by a truck while trying to run away from the hospital.

 


 

I'm sorry Myungie-baby ;__; but my stomach cramp really does subside because I write this.......