Chapter 1 - How This Mess Started

This Is Totally Messed Up

 

"Lee Taemin is the winner!" the announcer said and it made the crowd go wild.


Taemin was a little confused. Questions like What's going on?, What did i win?, What happened?, Where am I? Kept on repeating inside his mind. And that's when he saw the person standing on the opposite side of the stage with him. OH.MY.GOSH.


"H-how can you do this to me...to us!" Kai said with a sad but dark tone.


Taemin finally realizing it that he was standing on a huge stage inside a huge colloseum with Kai. WITH KAI. With KIM FREAKIN JONGIN. He almost fangirled at the sight of his one true love, But was a little confused about what he was saying. Though he was scared to ask, seeing the boy like that made his heart clench.


"Wh-what do you mean?" Taemin said sounding a little scared.


"Don't act like you dont know!" Kai said to him exasperately. Taemin can already see the tears forming in his eyes.


He was angry, VERY ANGRY. And Taemin didn't know why. He was about to answer the boy when suddenly he heard a powerful voice from the crowd which caught his attention.


"Yah! Lee Taemin wake up!" The person from the crowd said with a hint of impatience in his tone.


"What!?" Taemin answered back like the person was a loonatic shouting at him like that. But that voice sounded familiar, so he waited for a response.


"YAH! GET UP ALREADY YOU LAZY PRINCESS!!! IT'S ALREADY LATE!" The person said it louder this time almost forgetting that the boy he's talking to is not deaf.


"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S ALREADY LATE! AND FOR THE RECORD IF YOU CAN'T SEE ME, I AM UP!" This person was really pushing Taemin's buttons.


"GET UP NOW OR I WILL PERSONALLY DRAG YOU OUT OF BED MAKE YOU SHOWER IN COLD WATER AND LEAVE YOU ON THE STREETS IF YOU WON'T GET UP THIS INSTANT!"


And that's when it finally hit Taemin. OH.MY.GOSH. Realizing whose voice that is Taemin immediately opened his eyes only to see a pissed of looking Ricky beside his bed. Oh great! He inwardly told himself while smiling innocently at the pissed off manager.


 

 


 

 

"AISH! YOU SHOULD'VE WOKEN UP EARLIER! BUT NOOO! BECAUSE YOU HAD TO SLEEP SUPER LATE AT NIGHT JUST TO FINISH WATCHING KAI'S CONCERT ON FANCAMS! AND WHAT IS IT WITH YOU...HEY ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!?"


Taemin just nodded his head but mind wasn't present, he still can't understand what his dream was about. Well anyways all he can hear from his bestfriend was blah blah blah, he's too tired to listen to a rant right now. Sigh, anyways what's the point of doing two auditions if I just want to get in the other one. He thought to himself. Suddenly. "OUCH!" Taemin shouted.


"WE'RE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!?" The diva shout at his bestfriend for making him monologue.


"Yea yea yea you said that...uhhhmmm...what was it again? OUCH!"


"I SAID YOU SHOULD GET AN ALARM CLOCK SO THAT YOU WILL NOT SLEEP IN ON THE DAY OF YOUR AUDITIONS!" Ricky shouted as he kept his grip on Taemin's ear.


"My auditions will only be held in one day so what do you mean i should still get an alarm clock? And by the way why should i even audition for CGE if I only wanted to get in CKE?" Taemin calmly said to Ricky.


"Well Mr. 'IWANNALETMYBIASKNOWIEXISTSOTHATICANDATEHIM' (Ricky said with an unfathomable mocking tone) what if you don't get accpeted into CKE? You know that their standards there are very high and by the way if you get in i can't be your manager anymore. So i planned a back-up plan." Ricky said nochalantly.


"And you think being competitors will work out? In what world do you think rivals date huh?"


"In the world of Kpop."


"Well newsflash for you they don't. And if we become competitors he'll hate my guts!"


"Excuse me if you beat him, yes he may hate you but it'll give him an excuse to know you."


"Huh? What do you mean?"


"By the things you told me about him being cold and cool and all, he'll want to defeat you and the only way to do that is to know the enemy, which is you, and once you show him your true side and how you really are i can guarantee you that he'll fall head over heels for you."


"Hyung, what if he's straight?"


"You know the answer to that." Ricky said nochalantly


Taemin was literally in awe. He'd never though about it like that. Ricky wasn't joking i really could happen. Just last month three boys who were straight as a flag pole confessed their feelings for Taemin but were rejected. When Taemin was about to say something again Ricky's phone rang. And that's when it finally hit Ricky.


"OH MY GOSH!"


"What is it hyung?"


"THANKS TO YOUR SLEEPING IN AND LAZING AROUND YOU ONLY HAVE THIRTY MINUTES LEFT INORDER TO GET TO CKE FOR YOUR AUDITION!!!!" Ricky said as his eyes went wide


"And so?"


Ricky was shocked at his bestfriend. Maybe I should hit some sense back into his body


Taemin didn't get it at first why his bestfriend was freaking out. After a few seconds Taemin finally realized the gravity of the situation.


"WHAAAAAAAATTTT!?" Taemin screamed as his eyes got bigger, the size of golf balls.


Taemin chomped down his breakfast, almost choking for almost forgetting to chew the food, and literally took the fastest, but still cleaned himself thoroughly, bath ever in the world, and immediately putting on the first best set of clothes that he has laid his eyes on. And finally got to CKE just in time for their audition.


 


AT CHI-KEN ENTERTAINMENT


"Next up is Lee Taemin! Please get ready." The staff said out loud.


"Hey Taemin did you hear that? You're next!" Ricky said with such excitement to Taemin, only to see that he is speaking to no one.


"Tae?" Ricky said as he was searching for the said boy.


As he turned around, he finally saw the boy. He saw him shriveled up in a corner, by just looking at him you can see he is terrified. Ricky feels that he must comfort the boy so he headed towards him.


"Hey Tae are you okay?" He said as he calmly approached the boy.


"What do you think?!" Taemin said with a hint of sarcasm.


"I think you're fine, you just need to build up your confidence."


"Yeah right, you said it yourself this company requires high standards inorder to get in. How can you say that to me like its nothing to be afraid of?" 


"Well first of all since you're the most amazing dancer i have ever seen and your vocals may need work but nonetheless amazing."


Taemin was touched on how much his friend believed in him both as a manager and bestfriend. He felt tears almost forming in his eyes. He felt like he can do anything and without a doubt succeed. Well that was until the staff announcing the people who are auditioning came out and said that he needed to get inside for his audition. Taemin, once AGAIN, paled at the thought of auditioning.


"Maybe its a different Lee Taemin?" Taemin said as he flashed the most realistic fake smile he can make


Taemin was really pushing Ricky's buttons. What the heck should I do with him?!


"Final call for Lee Taemin!" The staff said angrily.


And that's what made Ricky snap. Seeing as Taemin had no plans of moving AT ALL, Ricky pushed Taemin with all his might until Taemin was finally inside alone. ALONE. That's what scared Taemin the most. He doesn't know why, but it was always like that. Although Ricky knew about his fears he still insisted Taemin do this for 'himself'. He never told ricky though that whenever he's alone he sees fragments of his past that he thought were lost since the accident (Which i'll be explaining another time when i find an opportunity). But karma's a and really took a toll on Taemin right now. He must tell the elder after this. If he's still CONCIOUS. There are three staffs and only one of him.


"Lee Taemin please step forward." The one taking auditions said.


Taemin, doing as he was told, stepped forward but is immediately shaking in fear. But he can't help but feel someone, other than the judges, was watching him. He kept on searching and that's when he finally saw him to his right, near the door. Ricky. The man that he thought left him here to perish and die okay a little bit exaggerated, was right there, unseen by anyone else but Taemin. So he didn't forget. Finally Taemin had all the courage he needed.


"Mr. Lee are you ready?"


"Yes" He said with full confidence at the staff.


Finally music started playing, both Ricky and the staff are speechless. They have never seen a performance like that EVER. His body moved automatically with the rhythm and beat of the music. You can see his energy overflowing and his passion towards dancing. It was like an illusion to the ones watching him but they actually see it Taemin's aura while performing is unlike any other, it feels as if his prescence can make you freeze in awe. Taemin was really one of a kind and not accpeting him would be the most idiotic thing to do. Then he finally started singing. His melodic voice took the hearts of everyone there, including Ricky, it was litterally the best show they have ever seen.

 


 


Taemin was finally finished with his performance.


"Mr. Lee that was amazing! Though i can't guarantee anything but i think you'll definitely get in. Your performance even matched Kai's" One of the staff said.


"I wouldn't get my hopes up if i were you Mr. Lee. Mr. Ahn i think you're forgetting what happened to that 'person'. And by the way no one could match Kai. Even The Choi Groups Entertainment was brought down to its knees by Kai." The other one said.


Though Ricky was hiding, he was ready to kill that staff that said that to Taemin. But he can't be seen since only the people auditioning can enter, so he kept on glaring flaming daggers at that person.


"Why what happened?" Taemin was really nervous but eager to know why that of a person was bringing him down


"Well.." Mr. Ahn said


"He was a very talented person but was rejected by the CEO. He was almost as good as you." The other one said nonchalantly.


Ricky was very displeased about it. HELLO THAT WAS ANOTHER PERSON AND THIS IS TAEMIN! AND HE WAS JUST ALMOST AS GOOD AS TAEMIN I EMPHASIZE THE ALMOST! WHICH MEANS TAEMIN IS STILL BETTER! GRRRRR. Ricky was really about to snap, he really needed to get out or he'll explode and get caught. As he was about to leave the other one called "Mr. Ahn" spoke again.


"Uhm...we'll send the video of you to the CEO, he usually starts watching during lunch so he should be finished with it after 2 hours. If you don't get the message today i'm sorry but you did not get in."


"Oh okay. Thank you." Taemin said as he headed towards the exit


Ricky finally left his hiding place and went outside. As Taemin left the other three started bickering which Taemin need not listen to since it wouldn't do anything. All he need is the CEO's approval.

 

 


 


Taemin and Ricky are having lunch in a cafe near CGE since the time of the audition is at 1 pm and they cannot afford to be late again. After the audition Taemin was really depressed. Ricky didn't understand why he was so depressed since Taemin did really good in his audition, great even. So he's been trying, for almost an hour and a half, to cheer the boy up by making puns and jokes, though they might be a little unusual and sarcastic oh gosh who the heck am i kidding its so bad its almost laughable.


"Hey Tae! Here's another one! Okay! A butcher tried so hard to be funny. But he didn't make the cut!" Ricky tried his best to sound super hilarious for the nth time


"Yea Ha.Ha.Ha its sooo funny." Taemin said with such uninterest and with a hint of sarcasm in his tone as he tried to make the most realistic laugh he could manage at the moment.


That's it. Ricky has had enough. Trying to cheer someone up whose not even paying attention is one thing but mocking him with such ajsjskdkdk. He will not stand for it even if it is his bestfriend. He needs to know NOW.


"Okay i'll get straight to the point this time, what the heck is wrong with you? You did so well on the audition. I thought you'd be happy!?" Ricky wasn't exactly fuming, he was just fed up about how the boy didn't trust him enough to say what's been bothering him.


"Well...remember about how i can't stand being alone?"


Oh Great! For the last hour and a half i've been trying to get answers by making jokes if they can be called that to make him talk but i just needed to ask him directly!? This is so unfair!


"How could i forget. One year of sharing a room with you, it was the most unpleasant experience i've ever had. Especially those times you had wet dreams about Kai. Oh gosh i didn't know how i survived."


"Okay you can stop there. I get it you remember." Taemin's face was so red it was the world's largest tomato


"You talked so louldy I could barely sleep a wink." Ricky still continued with a smug look on his face


"Okay...stop it NOW." Taemin was getting really angry by then


"I remember you saying 'Oh Kai! Kai! Yes i love you too! Please put it insi--'"


Ricky was literally shut up by a huge piece of bread that was forcebly pushed into his mouth. He wasn't expecting this. And now because of his muffled words. He almost choked on the bread. Finally the bread was spat out and Ricky was coughing his lungs out.

Hah! Serves him right. Taemin thought as he saw his bestfriend. He really found it hysterical how his bestfriend was mocking him a minute ago and now is coughing so hard. He could help but smirk at the sight. And ofcourse Ricky saw him.


"YAH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING! YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY!? I ALMOST DIED!" Ricky was fuming


"Don't be such a drama queen. And next time when i tell you to shut your mouth shut it already." Taemin said nonchalantly


"Don't you dare talk to your hyung like that! And what's the big deal anyway don't want the hear about your--"


"Want another piece of bread hyung?" Taemin intercepted Ricky with the best fake smile and cute voice he had.


"Okay i'll stop."


It was eerily quiet until the both burst into laughter. Just a minute ago they were on each others' throats now they seem perfectly normal like nothing happened, well they are bestfriends.


"Okay before got completely out of the topic, why did we discuss about sharing a room anyway?" Ricky said as he was thinking


"Oh yeah. So remember my fear? Which i guess you do since..yea okay.. There's one thing i haven't told you about it. Whenever i'm alone i see fragments of my past that i couldn't remember both before and after the accident."


"Oh! That accident." Ricky was shocked about this info. He never thought that those memories STILL haunted his bestfriend. And now he feels lousy for not realizing this sooner. He was his BESTFRIEND. Taemin had no one else but HIM. He doesn't even have a family anymore.


Taemin quickly noticed how depressed Ricky was acting. I guess he feels bad that he didn't realize it up until now.


"Hey don't feel bad. I just recently realized it too. I kept having those weird visions and they're all blurry so i can't really make out what happened but when i see them it felt like that time. So i concluded that it was really my memories coming back to me. I really thought that those were all gone but i guess they're still there. Taemin said as he tried to comfort the other. He was the one seeing those visions not Ricky, he should be the one whose sad right now. Oh right. I've been depressed since after the audition and Ricky hyung was here trying to cheer me up all that time i think its time we switch places.


"Hey! Stop it already you don't need to feel bad for me."


"It's not that. It feels like i have failed you and your parents for some reason. I vowed that time that i would protect you and here i am not knowing that you've been carrying a heavy burden all this time." Ricky was on the verge of tears


Taemin was really flustered by then since Ricky wasn't the type to cry AT ALL. He's always the diva. He'd never thought that the day would come when he (Taemin) will be the reason his hyung cried.


"Hey! Hyung no need to feel sad! Atleast now you know! And you can protect me now and that's all that matters!" Taemin said cheerfully


Ricky can't help it he wanted to hug Taemin right then and there. But the touching moment was ended when ricky's phone started ringing again. This phone really has the worst timing, whenever there's a moment it destorys it. When Ricky checked his phone he almost facepalmed at the sight.


"No. It can't happen again!"


"What is it hyung?" Taemin was really worried now.


"We're gonna be late for your audition again!" Ricky said as both their eyes almost popped out of their heads


Great! This must be our lucky day. Two times already they had to run to Taemin's auditions. So they ran as fast as their not so athletic bodies mostly their legs can carry them.

 

 


AT CHOI GROUPS ENTERTAINMENT


They got just in time, just in time for Ricky to pick a fight with the security guard.


"Name sir?"


"Yoo Changhyun and Lee Taemin."


"Sorry sir your names are not on the list. Please leave immediately."


"Uhm i think you misunderstood. We're here for the audition." 


"There are no auditions today sir. But if you give me your names i'd be happy to give it to the higher-ups."


Okay that is it. Ricky finally snapped and went into his diva-mode. No one makes him run that fast so that he could make the audition and tell him that he is not allowed in. One thing that Taemin knows that is if Ricky goes into his diva-mode you'd better get ready he'll be unstoppable. Taemin can only feel sorry for the er that will face Ricky.


"NO! YOU TELL ME YOUR NAME! THIS LETTER WAS GIVEN TO ME AS CONFIRMATION AND PROOF OF OUR AUDITION!" Ricky said as he smuged it in the face of the personnel.


"NOW LET US IN OR I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BOSS WILL GET A PIECE OF MY MIND AND MAKE SURE THAT HE'LL SEND YOU BACK TO THE HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF IF YOU DON'T LET US IN THIS INSTANT!" Ricky screamed at the top of his lungs.


The security guard was literally mortified at Ricky and frozen at the sight of the invitation.


"Oh! I'm so sorry maam I mean sir. That's actually an invitation for a special audition. In special auditions only one person is expected to audition. So i thought that-" The guard was immediately cut off by Ricky.


"OH!? YOU THOUGHT!? WELL MAYBE YOU CAN THINK OF AN EXPLANATION TO YOUR BOSS WHEN I TELL HIM THAT YOU DIDN'T LET US IN AND WE GOT LATE FOR THE AUDITION BECAUSE OF IT!" Ricky was practically fuming


Taemin really felt bad for the security guard right now. But even he can't stop Ricky. Well there's only one thing left to do.


"Okay you can stop now hyung. Its not his fault its his boss since he didn't say that today there was gonna be an audition. Excuse me can we go in?" He asked the guard, who was practically shaking right now


"O-oh yes."


"YEAH! LETS GO IN SO THAT I CAN GIVE HIS BOSS A PIECE OF MY MIND!" Ricky angrily said as he went in


"Wait hyung! We don't know where we should go." Taemin said as he tried to stop the elder


"You should proceed to the auditorium."


"OK LETS GO!" Ricky said as he ran inside


"Sigh, we still don't know where its is and he just ran inside like a lunatic." Taemin said


"Well just go forward until you've reached the end of the hall and turn right and turn right again on the second corridor."


"Oh thanks. I should find him first before i go."

 


 


"Where could he have gone?" Taemin said as he was hopelessly looking for Ricky


Taemin was about to go and look somewhere else when suddenly a tall frog looking man came his way with two girls at his side. Hmmp i can't believe they let in and men like him in here. Taemin said inwardly. Well maybe they saw him.


"Uhmm...excuse me have you seen a man with blue hair?" Taemin asked him kindly.


Suddenly the frog like man stepped forward and cupped Taemin's chin with a little force.


"Why? Why don't you go with me instead i'll treat you REAL good."


"I'm looking for him and-" taemin was immediately cut off by the man


"He wasn't that good looking. Why do you bother? Someone y and gorgeus as you will have a better time with me."


Taemin was shocked at the OLDer man' statement.


"What the heck!?" Taemin was really getting creeped out and disgusted


"Hmm he doesn't seem like the type to hire es such as yourself. Actually i thought he was a ! How much did he pay you huh? Cuz' i'll double it." The man said smugly


Taemin has had it. Being thought of as a girl is one thing but being called a and his hyung was called a even though he is but is insulting he should've called him gay. This man was really asking for it.


"If you can't see Mr. 'I love ' i am a boy! And by the way you're a erted frog looking old man!"


"Why you insolent brat! And how can people not think you're a girl look at you!" He said as he cupped Taemin's face harder.


"And i'm not an old man i'm 21 and-" SLAP! The lights were literally slapped out of the man, and Taemin ran for the auditorium


Ricky or no ricky i will finish this audition so that i can leave. Wait maybe he's already there.

 


 


Taemin reached the auditorium but only one person was there and it definitely wasn't Ricky. He saw a tall person with charms that will melt Ricky's cold fury. That guy is definitely Ricky's type.


"Ahh you must be Lee Taemin. Please come here." The man said


"Yes i am. Who are you?"


"I am Choi Jonghyun but you can call me Changjo. I'm the vice president of this company and is the one who helds the special auditions. Are you ready?"


"Yes. By the way you can call me Taemin, i feel kind of awkward when people call me Mr. Lee. Uhm before i start have you seen my manager by any chance?"


"Oh no. Not yet anyways, he's supposed to be with you right?"


"Well he was...but he kind of- had a- little misunderstanding with the security and uhh- he was kinda looking for you so that he could uhm- give you a piece of his mind..." 


Taemin really didn't know how to tell Changjo that Ricky is searching for him angrily because he (Changjo) didn't tell the security of their arrival and Ricky ran about three blocks just to get to the audition and got stopped rudely by the guards and now Ricky is in his diva-mode and may probaly snap at the tall fellow.


"Oh. I'm sorry i totally forgot to tell the guards there was a special audition that's supposed to be held today. Work just really took a toll on me recently so i'm very and truly sorry." Changjo said as he bowed to Taemin


"Actually its okay. Being the only one to audition means that even if i'm late you'll still wait for me right?"


"Yes. Actually only a selected few are able to get these special auditions. Anyways do i know you by any chance?"


"Not that i know of, why?"


"Well i set you up for the special audition since you seemed so familiar and i wanted to chat with you. Hmm i guess i'm mistaken. But anyways besides that i saw your achievements and i must say they're exemplary so that's another reason you got picked for the special audition."


"Thank you. Can i start now?"


"Ofcourse."


Again Taemin performed amazingly like the one he did earlier.

 


 


"That was amazing Taemin! The best i have ever seen from our applicants. I bet you're on the same level as Kai and with some training you can get even better!" Changjo said sincerely


"Yea. Thanks."


Taemin was down, and Changjo could easily see it.


"Uhm, excuse me if i'm intruding Taemin but is there something wrong?"


"Oh! No it's nothing. It's just that. I wish Ricky hyung was here to see it."


Ricky! Is it possible!? Changjo thought to himself.


Then suddenly there was someone who burst open the doors and entered the auditorium.


"Hey Changhyun hyung!" Taemin said as he saw Ricky


Changhyun!? It is really him! There's no doubt about it!


"TAE! WHERE'S THEY GUY TAKING THE AUDITION!? WHERE IS HE!?" Ricky was still fuming


"O-oh u-uhm funny story about that. Uhhhh uhmm so this is Changjo." Taemin said still scared of Ricky


Ricky's eyes went wide at the sound of the name.


"Cha-Changjo!?"


"Yes Ricky, it's me." Changjo happily said as he turned around


Then suddenly they hear someone screaming from the outside and once again barged into the auditorium. It was the erted frog-man Taemin faced earlier.


"Hey Changjo you will not believe what happened to me a little just-" the frog looking man was stopped by the sight of Taemin


"YOU! YOU'RE THE THAT SLAPPED ME UNCONCIOUS!"


"Hyung please calm down." Chanjo tried to reason with him, but was only ignored and was in the middle of the cross-fire


"So what!? Who are you anyways!?" Taemin said back to the man, then it was just then that Taemin realized it. Hyung!?


"Changjo-ah what do you mean hyung?" Taemin asked Changjo


"He's actually my older brother. The CEO of CGE, Choi Minho."


"THAT ERTED BASTARD IS THE CEO!?" Taemin was shocked


"Yes he is. And hyung he's the one who got the special audition."


"THAT LITTLE IS THE ONE WHO GOT THE SPECIAL AUDITION!?" Minho did not see this coming not one bit.


Ricky was still frozen from seeing Changjo. Both taemin and Minho were shocked frozen by the information. And it seems only Changjo was the only one who was not frozen. Great! They already hate each others' guts! And just when i thought we could finally beat CKE!


WHAT THE HECK WILL I DO!? All four of them said inwardly to themselves

 

 

WARNING!

*I dunno if this can be seen as Rated M but just a warning the following scenario is Rated M if it can be called that*


 


Taemin's video was playing on a large screen. Panting sounds can be heard around the room. And there's one man inside. And it seems he's himself.


*Pant* 


*Pant* 


*Pant*


He kept on faster as Taemin was getting close to the end of his performance.


*Pant* 


*Pant* 


*Pant*


And finally as Taemin reached the end of his performance. The man also reached his .


"Aaaaaahhhhhhh!" The man said as he screamed with pleasure.


After Taemin's performance a man appeared on the screen.


"How was he sir?" The man on the screen said.


"He was excellent. No. He was spetacular!" The man said.


"What should we do now sir?"


"I want you to get me that boy. And make him...MINE!"


"Affirmative sir!"


"Hey! Didn't i tell you to stop calling me sir!? I told you to call me
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
ONEW."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

SO HEY GUYS! 

AS YOU CAN SEE THEY FINALLY MET. KAISOO WILL NOT BE PRESENT FOR A FEW MORE CHAPTERS I THINK. NEXT CHAPTER WILL MAYBE BE A CHANGRICK SPECIAL WHERE I CAN EXPLAIN THE ACCIDENT AND SOME OTHER THINGS ESPECIALLY HOW TAEMIN ENDED UP ON CGE. ASDFGHJKL ONEW IS AHSJSJSNKSJS I REALLY CAN'T HELP IT. BY THE WAY I'LL UPDATE EVERY WEEK, FRIDAY TO BE EXACT. PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS, SUBSCRIBE ETC. ETC.

THANK YOU FOR READING! ^~^