Chapter 2

Hesitation

*Cont. of Flashback

 

        Sehun and Luhan became closer throughout the weeks. Luhan also started to accompany and wait for Sehun during his dance practice. That's also where he met Jongin.

 

Luhan sat on the bench while watching the instructor talked about the new dance they're gonna learn. After minutes, they started dancing with the rhythm. During the period, something caught Luhan's attention. He stood up and rushed to the other side of the room. There, he saw a boy on the floor, limping due to the pain he's feeling. Luhan crouched down, "Are you alright?" A strange stare was all he got. Luhan didn't even thought twice of helping the guy to bring him to the school's clinic.

 

"His waist is badly injured and some dislocation happened." the nurse clearly said. Luhan was startled to hear the guy's voice for the first time. "Can I still dance?" The nurse answered, "I recommend  you to stop for three weeks so you can quickly recover. Excuse me." With that she left. "." Luhan heard him cursed.

 

"How are yo-" "Who are you?" The guy cut what Luhan said. "Ah I-I'm Luhan. Sehun is my friend, maybe you know him?" The guy ignored what he said, "I'm going home." Luhan immediately placed his hand on the guy's back that caused the guy to stop. "What are you doing?" The guy asked like Luhan's the most idiotic person in the world. "Can't you see? I'm helping yo--" 

 

"I don't need your help." Luhan's temper rose. "WHY do you always cut me off!? Look, I'm trying to help and it's not like I'm going to ask something in return. Just let me, okay?" The guy kept his poker face, but buried deep in his heart, he was very moved.

 

The guy let Luhan walked him home. "Thanks." The guys muttered when they reached his house. The guy turned around, "Wait!" Luhan called and the guy looked back. "What's your name?"

 

 

"I'm Kai."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next days, Luhan always waited at the school gate for Kai, then taking a bus with him until he gets home. Luhan even sat with kai during break time and this day was not an exception.

 

"Don't you have friends? You're always alone." Luhan asked, one lunch time. "I have one here. The others are studying in other schools." Luhan fixed his things. Before he stood up, he spoke, "I have 5 minutes 'til my next class. So, see you later?" "B-but--" Kai was about to say something but Luhan ran off.

 

That afternoon, Luhan was waiting for Kai when Sehun passed by. He stopped in his tracks, "You going home? Come on, I'll give you a ride." Sehun offered. Luhan just shook his head, "I'm waiting for Kai. Don't worry about me." There's a hint of gloom in Sehun's eyes, "Is that so? Well, suit yourself. Take care."

 

Little did Luhan know, Kai went out with his friends. Worse, Kai doesn't have Luhan's number so he wasn't able to text him.

 

The night was getting deeper. Luhan was also out of school boundaries and there he sat on the sidewalk. He was playing with a rock when someone's feet appeared in front of him. He looked up, "Sehun.." he muttered. "I already thought this would happen." He chuckled. "Come on, I'll take you home." He helped Luhan to stand up. "But K-Kai--" "Look Luhan. The school's already closed. You think Kai's still in there?" And with that, they walked home.

 

"Thank you, Sehun." Luhan said when they reached his house. "No problem." Luhan sighed, "And I'm sorry, too. I wasn't able to join you guys these past few days. Kai had an injury, and he c-ca--" Sehun cut him off. "It's okay, Luhan.We understand." Luhan was really feeling guilty. "Uhm.. how about I'll treat you? I promise, next week." Luhan offered. "No, you don't need to." "No! Please, let me." Sehun thought for a while. "Well, okay. Since you insisted." Luhan smiled. Sehun was glad. "So I guess I'll see you at school." Sehun was about to walk away when Luhan pulled his arm and purposely kissed Sehun's cheek. They were both in shock, not until Luhan ran inside, "Goodbye!!" Sehun just chuckled with his cuteness.

 

 

 

 

The next days, nothing changed, and Sehun didn't liked it. It was lunch time and Sehun was looking at Luhan from afar, sitting happily with Kai. "Sehun, why exactly are you upset?" Chanyeol asked. "He shouldn't make promises." Sehun said seriously. "Look on the bright side. Luhan's really happy and maybe he didn't mean to break his promise." Baekhyun said. "Maybe you like Luhan, don't you?" Jongdae suddenly asked. "WHAT IF I DO?" Sehun bursted out. "WOAH WOAH! Then you should go after him before everything's too late." Chanyeol nodded towards Luhan and Kai's direction and Sehun looked that way, too. Should I? Sehun thought.

 

From Sehun:

            Meet me at the school's rooftop. Please.

 

"Jongin, I won't be able to accompany you." "Sure. It's okay." Kai said then smiled. They went their separate ways and Luhan met Sehun at the rooftop. 

 

"Sehun!" Luhan called and Sehun faced him. "What is it?" Sehun just stared at him and sighed. "Luhan, you know that feeling when your
heart beats fastly when you see this certain person and it hurts seeing him with another guy." "Woah, are you in love? Geez, with whom?" "You."
 Sehun said which came out more like a whispher. Sehun's words won't sink in Luhan's mind. "Let me court you, Luhan." Opposite from the reaction Sehun was expecting, he furrowed his eyebrows to see Luhan burst in laughter.

 

 

"Yah! Luhan stop laughing! I'm dead serious!" Sehun calmly yelled but he kept laughing. "Yah! Sehun are you serious? Not even an inch of my body is pretty. What the hell are you saying?" Luhan said, almost out of breath. He was steady still when Sehun held both of his hands.

 

"Luhan, I'm serious. I'm not looking for a pretty appearance. You're beyond perfect. I'm not looking for a y body. Your body is pretty perfect but to be honest, I don't depend on the outside appearance. It depends on the way you think nicely, always being happy and a soft hearted person and you're the only one that has it all. Yes, I want to court you. Even if you don't love me yet, I love you Luhan." Once again, opposite from the reaction he was expecting. All he could remember was the pain in his left cheek that Luhan slapped.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Subscribe and comment. =) Upvotes are always welcome. Sorry for the errors.