.Final.

*untold sequel*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai was awoken up by the nonstop ringing of his phone. With his eyes still closed, he answered the phone, “Mmm?”

The other line went silent. He slightly opened his eyes to see if he had pressed the answer button. He did, but why is no one answering? "The , man?! If you want someone to disturb then call another person! I don't have time for this ." He was about to hung up when the one from the other line finally decided to speak.

“Kai…umm..I. I don’t really know how to say this b-but...” the other line stuttered, as if he was too nervous to continue.

 “Hurry up and tell me, kyungsoo hyung! I want to go back to sleep.” he said in an irritated manner.

He heard the other line sigh,” You....know Baekhyun right? The nerd that previously confessed his feelings to you? He...”

…silence…

“Kai? Are you still there?”

Now Kai is now fully awake, eyes wide and body trembling.

“y-you have got to be ing kidding me, hyung!!!” he yelled.

No it can’t be.

Baekhyun wouldn’t do such thing!

“I know. I was shocked too. We all were. The others were also trying to contact you but you wouldn't answer."

Kai breathed in deeply, trying to calm himself.

They must be messing with me- he murmured, reassuring himself. "Haha okay hyung, you got me. I’m now finally awake!” he said with a forced laugh.

Please laugh.

Please tell me you’re only joking.

“But Kai,” Kyungsoo gulped “I’m not joking…actually, it’s all over the news..."

Kai then hurriedly opened the television.

“No no no!!! You’ve got to be ing kidding me!!!!” He shouted as he threw his cellphone, which has turned into pieces because of the hard impact.

He screamed until his lungs burned, breaking things that he sees. He couldn’t accept it. No he can’t, not in a 1000 years! The room now looks hurricane-stricken. Kai collapsed on the floor, crying his heart out.

The pain of his bleeding hand was overshadowed by an even greater pain-- the shattering of his heart.

~ ~ ~ ~

Why? Why did you do that?

He wanted to say no when his friends asked him if it’s okay to read the confession because it was supposed to be just him and him alone!

'I love you too'

Was what he really wanted to say when he heard Baekhyun’s confession, but instead of saying his true feelings, he spat the opposite.

He wanted to protect him because he knew that the girls, who called themselves his “fans”, would do anything or anyone that will get in their way. He was scared that Baekhyun will be in danger because of him.

Protect?

He chuckled bitterly.

You wanted to protect him? To put him away from danger?

Then why were you the one who made him lose his life?

You're nothing but a big COWARD.

~ ~ ~

His 11 friends were all shocked when they saw what his room turned out like. On top of that, they were terrified after seeing Kai on floor, unconscious and bleeding. Kris, who was the 1st to recover from the shock, immediately called an ambulance.

 Finally snapping back to reality, Chen instructed Xiumin and lay to stop Kai's wound from bleeding. The others just stood there in shock.

 Why would Kai do this?

 Is it because of that nerd?

 Wasn't he the one who told the nerd to die?

Conscience, maybe?

 All of them were thinking the same questions but the questions were left unanswered.

 ~ ~ ~

After Kai's incident, he was admitted to the hospital for two days. He had few bruises here and there, but the worse he had gotten was broken fingers. Kai’s mother was hysterical when she was told about the incident. She rushed into the hospital with a tear-stained face. Exo were also at the hospital, no one left and they all patiently waited.

When Kai woke up, he didn’t say a word. Even after so many persuasions, he still wouldn't talk. He just keeps on staring blankly in the space. Suddenly, he turned his head towards his friends. He suddenly felt angry. He suddenly felt like raging.

“Get out. All of you out!"

 His mother wanted to refuse, but after seeing her son's face, she just quietly walked out with exo following suite.

Tears slowly ran down Kai's face after he was left a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter