In My Head

In My Head - Kevin

Dim lights scattered over the large room, the bass shaking the floor while people bounced up and down to the beat. Boys pushing glass cups and bottles up to their lips while the ladies showed off their best moves on the dance floor. Sparkles from the disco ball happily spun around slowly, diffracting the light and giving the place a fun feeling. Lights moved over the sea of people that jumped up and down.

The feeling in that place was so electric, something that made you feel alive and you were just so happy that you were invited to such a place.

Kevin leaned against the large wrap around bar, moving his eyes around the sea of faces, he tried to find something that he could introduce himself to. Eli happily sat on a bar stool talking to a girl that he just met when he walked it. Glancing at his wing man, Kevin shook his head while gently lifting up his drink and pressing it against his lips.

Taking small sips, he looked around trying to find someone that he could connect with, connect deeper than just looks. She needed something special to attract him to her.

The warm sticky air surrounded him as he pulled on his tie that was restraining him from getting air. Putting down his drink, he rolled up his sleeves and scanned the faces.

However, someone caught his eyes, the blinding lights happily danced over your figure as he watched you under the bright red and blue lights, moving and doing your dances to the songs that they would mold into another song. Your hair happily bounced over your shoulders as you danced the same moves as some of your other friends.

Laughing and smirking, he watched your beautiful smile curl onto your face as you danced along to the songs you knew. The glistening lip gloss that was gently spread along your lips moved under the strobe light while he watched the lyrics move your lips to form the words.

Watching you for a while, you and your friends broke from the dance scene and walked over to some tables along the wall. A waiter came over and took your drink over as Kevin sipped his drink once more.

Seeing you in a group made him nervous especially when you were with other girls that he wasn’t interested in. He watched you sit on one of the chairs, carefully crossing your beautiful legs at the knees while you pulled your hair over one shoulder and still moved your shoulders to the beat of the music that gave this club it’s pulse.

The waiter made his way back over to your table as he shifted his weight to his other leg before he checked his hair. Turning his attention back to you, he smiled seeing the glass gently push up against your plump lips while the soft glistening of sweat on his skin caused him to bit his lip.

Adverting his eyes away from you, he couldn’t keep them away for long before looking back at you. Noticing your friends leaving your table, he followed your friends with his eyes as he saw them return back to the dance floor.

Moving his eyes back to you, you leaned your glass on the edge of the base as he watched your peep toed black shoes gently move to the beat of the music. Running your fingers through the ends of your hair and twirling it around your fingers he couldn’t help but daydream as he looked at you.

Thinking how beautiful you would be for him to come home to, to watch the sunset in his arms on a beautiful dock that floats above a lake, to be wrapped up in a blanket as both of you watched the snow fall from your shared bed. How it would be to talk to you on long road trips and get to know your secrets, and for you to earn his trust and for him to earn yours.

As his mind started to create alternative scenarios he glanced back at Eli, Eli gave him a little smile to encourage Kevin to approach you.

Clearing his throat as his mind raced to think of a good start to walk up to you, he bit his bottom lip while he pressed his hands over his shirt trying to flatten the creases that were visible. Tightening his tie, he checked his hair once more and took in a deep breath.

Keeping his eyes on you, he brought his drink with him while he made his way over to you. With every step his heart beat faster and faster against his chest. Wetting his lips with his tongue, he tried to take deep breaths but nothing seemed to help as he felt something different inside of him.

Getting closer to you, your eyes moved to the figure that was coming closer to you. Seeing your eyes on him made Kevin freeze as he hesitated in his next step.

"Hi" He rose his hand to wave at you as he gave you a sweet smile.

"Hi" You smiled back at him as he stood beside you.

The two of you started talking and all of the dreams that he was making in his head he could see them unfold before his eyes as you talked to him. However he knew that he would have to take it one step at a time since it was all in his head.