Change

My Name Is Hers' ☤ HIATUS ☤
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Change[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]24/11/2014[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Grabbing the door handle, acting like he was about to open but ended up retrieving it back to his side was what Kris had been doing while waiting for Aennrain. “Really, what's wrong with her?” he glanced at his watch and heaved a sigh. His eyes were glued on Aennrain, who was barely dragging her feet down the path, not even returning the greetings from others like she normally did. Rather than wondering why she was behaving unintellingently ever since they left the practice room twenty minutes ago, Kris was more interested to know about  the relationships between the two fearless girls - Aennrain and Anne. It didn't appear like Anne only knew her name, and, it was beyond ridiculous when Aennrain claimed it was their first meeting together. There was something fishy in this whole scenario. However, it still surprised him much seeing Aennrain acted that way toward Anne. 

“Yah!” He gestured his hands, urging her to speed up. He cocked a brow, then placed one palm on his forehead. "Yah, do we have all day here?" whenever he called, her face only get darkened. Oblivious to her surrounding, she bit her nails hard, and it had been like that ever since they left the practice room twenty minutes ago. Momentarily, he caught her glancing at him, but nothing came out from . It wasn't that she didn't hear him, more like she was engaged in deep thoughts. Aennrain held her hands tightly as she felt a bout of jitters signalling through her nerves.

‘Did Anne perhaps remember something? Why is she so daring? She’s not like that in the past, or at least this past few years. I’ve been eyeing on her, that's not her. She must've remembered something for her to change that way. What do I do? What do I do if she recalls everything? What if she tells everyone about the incident? What if she tells my foster about my stepfather? If she’s going to tell anyone about how I ditch her on that day, then I-I...’

Aennrain halted abruptly. The skin between her foreheads folded as the past haunted. She swallowed hard; Anne's face took form in her imagination. Her heart was burning in agony. She tried to hold in her breath, to calm herself, but it only make her heartbeats sounded prominently. The same thoughts darted in her mind: could it be that Anne already remember everything? that was why she accepted the offer just now? That sudden clarification had alerted her about the whole picture. If that so, then for now, it's only a matter of time until everything would explode.

Kris hissed, this time, with both hands dancing on the air. Then, he placed one hand on hips, sighing heavily. He had been trailing on Aennrain, and it still amazed him to actually able to witness this side of her. Where did that come from? He never knew. Girls have had so many faces that they tried too hard to keep it hidden from others, and this make his heart ache a little, weighing the fact that the "Aennrain" he knew was vastly different from the real "Aennrain". Somehow that side of Aennrain that he thought he would never see was smacked open by the rainy girl. Something snapped at the back of his mind. A small smile played on his lips as he recalled the incident outside the practice room earlier. Now that he thought about it, Aennrain used to tell her about the stalker thing. He was just happened to see the rainy girl stood outside the practice room, watching over Aennrain and the fellow with prying eyes. Maybe Aennrain didn't lie about the girl who stalked her. If that holds the truth, then it did make some sense that Anne would've stole something from her. So, the notebook containing the picture of Aennrain's father was stolen by her? for real?

 

“Unbelievable. Rainy girl...” he muttered, not aware that during the brief moment, Aennrain was happened to see that reaction portrayed on his face. Seeing that unexplainable uncomfortable scene, Aennrain quickened her pace, and within seconds, she was already beside him – scowling.

 

Aennrain eyed on him carefully. He was at it again – chuckled for something that was not the least funny.  Why was that for? is he perhaps thinking about Anne? fantasizing about her already? why did it make her feels so wrong? what’s wrong with him? what’s wrong with the world?

 

Everything was at fault...but her. Undeniably, those feelings were so familiar to her. The exact feel that she kept inside ever since four years ago – that moments when she had chosen to turn her back on Anne.

 

Is this another form of guilt? But, why? Guilt was something to be felt when one was doing something sinful. But, no, she did not. She saved her life and she did return for her. Then, why did it feel so wrong? If she did not return that day, Anne could’ve died. Throughout these years, she was living safe and sound without her memories. Unlike her, Anne’s world was intact, and untainted.

 

“You’re having so much fun up there, aren’t you, oppa?” she commented mockingly after they settled inside the car.

 

Kris glimpsed on her and chortled not long after. “You’re the one that’s having fun.” He dug out the car keys from his pocket. “Why are you doing that, really?” his voice toned down as he fit the key into the designated hole.

 

Aennrain rolled her eyes in exasperation before unthinkably throwing a punch on his upper arms.

 

Kris jerked to his seat. “Ouch, what the heck are you doing?” he stifled one hand up and down across his arms that violently harassed by Aennrain. On the next seconds, another punches landed on the same area repeatedly. While seeing her reacting unjustly toward him, Kris noticed something at the corner of her eyes. Kris narrowed his gaze, looking bewildered as ever. He couldn’t stomach the whole situation. He was so used of seeing the "strong" and cool Aennrain, and that now seeing her acting like four years ago shivered him from inside.

 

“Yah,” he grabbed both her wrists, held it in tightly as they met into each other’s gaze.

 

Aennrain bit her lower lips hard. Her heart was thundering. All sort of emotions burst from within, and in the spur of moment, the wonder wall that built around her was threatening to fell apart.  

 

“Let me go!” Aennrain was struggling half-heartedly. At this very moment, she was hopelessly needed someone to hold onto her and right when Kris tightened his grip, a breath of relief made its way to her lips.

 

Kris puffed heavily. “It’s something more than a mere notebook right.” He said in a low voice. Aennrain’s eyes sparkled after those words uttered out. Stiffly, she raised her chin and met up with his gaze. A strange warmth emerged under her chest. 

“That rainy girl...what did she do to you?” Kris asked. When his last word sinks in, a piece of truth had come to her realization. At least, there was still someone like Kris who would side with her, no matter what. In a flash, she regained her composure. 

Her gaze penetrated into Kris's. The weird fear that went past her a couple of seconds ago had vanished. "I told you, she's a stalker." 

 

 

"Yah!" Luhan heaved deeply; he was exhausted for following Anne around. Things gets more and complicated as they had left the practice room together. No, scratch that. She clearly shove him away, it was him who was insisted to follow along.

"Anne-yah." Luhan was facing her, grabbing at her left wrist from the side. When there was a sign of struggle from her, he clutched the other one, which left her with no choice but to confront him.

Anne shot a look at Luhan. "Move." She said shortly. Luhan inhaled, when he wanted to say something, Anne exclaimed, "I hate you." She muttered, then looked away. With every blink, the tears threatened to fall. Easily, she managed to pull her hands back to the side. 

Luhan stared at her unblinkingly. All of a sudden, even to say a word was becoming difficult. A weird sensation went through him. His mind refused to think, so, he just unknowingly let go of her. The saddening vibes were building in, it sort of reminding him of his sister's death – the worst period of his life. As he recalled those memories, he began to take one step toward her.

"Why..." in that spur of moment,  his sister's image projected from Anne. He lips was sealed; nothing came out no matter what. It was a breathtaking moment as students started to crowd them both. Some even took photos and video. Anne felt vaguely nauseated. She didn't know how to react, at the same time, the fear began to accumulate in her. Cold air seeped into her skin as she warped her arms. Something clicked at the back of her mind, making her head to hurt more. The throbbing-like sensation pressed her head circumference, causing her to retreat a step backward. 

She closed her eyes; fragment of memories flashing in front of her mind's eye. Her heart thundered as both hands balled into fists.

“You shall never disown your name.”

Please log in to read the full chapter