Pilot

My Name Is Hers' ☤ HIATUS ☤
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID2]

{ P i l o t }

Rain falls then the sun rises

The weather is just like my heart

It's cloudy then it's clear,

Then I pretend I'm fine

T-ara Jiyeon '1 Min 1 Sec'

My N a m e Is Hers'

*italicized indicates past,

monologues,

phone conversations.[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID1]Aennrain closes the door before her with a sour face. The cell phone that's in her grasps has been buzzing ceaselessly since their last conversation in school, and that basically gets on her nerve.

 

She glowers at the screen, displaying the looks of full-blown hatred. “Such a pain in the ,” she said with a low, throaty-like voice. Once she said it’s over, then it really is; she couldn’t care less of how the ex-partner would deal with it as long as they’re not clingy toward her.

 

She rolls her eyes in exasperation. “What do you want?” she asks tonelessly without really paying attention to his words.

 

Aennrain stares blankly at the open window; she requested for it – for the window to be opened because whenever she wakes up, the window is where her first glance would land at. Throughout the years, it turns into a habit - to inspect for the weather – for the rain, a remembrance of both him, and her.

 

“Baby, I’ll do anything. Please ju-just don’t say it’s over. Please, baby.”

 

The phone is idly shifts to the other side. “Either you cut the “baby” off or I'll slit your throat to make it happen.”

 

Her dry remarks causing the other person to turn into a mute. Poor guy, he would have never imagined that the typical next-door girl would behave so differently today, especially after he’s failed to fulfil her request – to trace a person by only relying on her sketching.

 

“I-I wi-will do my best to-to fi-find that old hag, I prom…”

 

The phone is now lying flat in front of . “Ol-Old hag?! How dare you’re calling him that way?” she bellows, filling the spacious room. 

 

“Hey, how the heck am I going to find him if you don’t even have a single picture of that old…ah, I-I mean that per-person? It’s not that I don't try to find out but your sketching is abit…odd…”

 

She hears the chuckles on the other side of the phone, but rather than that, the mentioning about the "picture" has nullify her incoming wrath. A few seconds later, her eyes grow wide as a sudden realization hits her.

 

‘There’s a picture of him in that notebook!’ she reckons.

 

“Baby, if you have a picture of him, we could’ve carried out a more detailed investigations,”

 

‘That notebook, she took it with her’

 

Wrinkles begin to surface on her forehead while she recalls the events on that night.

 

“Baby, please give me one more chance. This time, I’ll definitely try to look for…”

 

She falls morosely at the edges of her bed, all of a sudden feeling dejected. “I’ll think of something to get my hands on his picture.” she said. Her fingers is already rubbing at her temples to ease the throbbing pain it caused.

 

“That’s great, baby! I’ll…”

 

“You don’t contact me before I do. Keep.Your.Mouth.Shut.”

 

She throws the phone on her bed. “Damn it! I should’ve grabbed that book when I get the chance. Aenn, you stupid!” She frowns and hunkers down.

 

“I wonder if it burnt with the fire,” She bites her fingernails as she rises from the bed.

 

“But, what if-“

 

“Maybe the notebook is still inside the house? Then…”

 

As much as she doesn’t want to remember about the past, at this crucial moment, she have to. She sighs and slowly closes her eyes to recall the "calamity" on that night.

 

 

 

[2008]

 

The rain had stopped when she returned that night to retrieve the notebook from Annerain. There's a picture of her father in that notebook and she does not want to lose that.     "F-Fire? Wh-What?"     ​She's stunned in front of the house, her body trembled tremendously and her knees have given up on her as she fell onto the ground. gaped wide open, all she could see was the blazing fire that engulfed a portion of the house.     "No, no! Annerain! No!"She shouted sonorously. The scorched beams of fire crawled all over her skin but she could only stand there, helplessly.     "No, no! You can't die, you can't!" She wanted to scream but nothing came out of her. With both hands, she clamped with a torried look upon her face. The lumpy sensation that was in impeded with every breath that she took.     “Help!”     The booming voices from within catches her attention. In that moment, she see a silhouette of someone inside the house, carrying another person in his embrace.      "Annerain!"

 

 

 

A veil of harmonious melodies seep into her soul, calling her back from the past; soothing her reminiscing heart. Her eyes is flooded with tears. The gush of feelings that swept over her a couple of minutes ago is still there – in her heart - stuffy heart.

 

That is what guilt is all about. The next thing you’d realize is the burden in your chest that's getting heavier day after day, smothering from within - forever and is unto death.

 

Kris is the one with the piano. Every Friday, he would come and fetch her home, because that day, their parent wouldn’t be at home. They call it a “special day” for only the two of them and that they will spend time together for the entire night regardless of how busy they’re. In this life, some are just destined to find their soul mate but some would eventually turn soulless for too many trial and error in love. Friday is the day of that incident six years ago, and also the turning point in her life – she’s adopted by Kris’s parent.

 

She’s one step outside of the most distal room in that double-storey house. It’s a room decorated with various music instruments, whom usually used by their family, except her.

 

As always, the door is not locked so she peeks from its gap and Kris is on the view, whom at the moment sitting on the piano bench, immersing himself into the piece that he’s playing – Pachebel’s Canon. His parent is a musician, so it’s a given that Kris would build up his own realms on music but music just isn’t his thing. On the contrary, he’s more interested in wilderness-like exploration, outdoor activities as he used to be an active junior scout, participating in leadership training held by the National Youth. However, after the incident of six years ago, his parent made him stop and even bar him from joining any activities as such.

 

 

[2008]

 

[ Kris ]

 

“A house! Finally! Oh God, tha-thank you!” A breath of relief has made its way through his lips.

 

His eyes gleam with hope when he found a house in that foreign region. Both hands are placed above his head to cover himself from the sprinkles of rain as he makes his way into that house.

 

He has been detached from the training troop few hours ago and hence, by relying on his scanty experiences on wilderness and a confusing map, he has wandered alone in that forest by himself. He optimistically exclaims to himself that this is a mere training and that he’s going to make it through, not until the rain falls where he's desperate to look for a shelter.

 

“Th-That girl is...” The tiredness that once controlled his body is gone when he’s at the entrance of that desolate-looking house.

 

His eyes widen in shock. “Blo-blood...wh-what? Is he tr-trying to mur-murder her?” Rather than panic, he’s eager to attempt something.

 

A girl is lying half-ly within the house with an adult man beside her, struggling with his own instability.

 

“Yah, ajusshi!” he shouts at him. “What are you doing?”

 

He could tell that the ajusshi is drunk and he’s severely disorientated at the moment. Startles by his voice, the drunken man falls upon the floor, scrunching in pain. Kris swiftly reaches for his backpack in search for something that he could use for defence.

 

“Crap! Why isn’t anything here?” he speaks timidly in a tremulous voice.

 

“Why the heck I’m bringing this fuel oil for...” he remarks, dryly and throw it aside, not aware of the repercussions later.

 

“Yes! This it is!” A grin is formed on his lips as he grabs that thing.

 

 

“Why are you dozing off, oppa?”

 

Aennrain nudges her elbow at him; she’s sitting beside him with her fingers striking at the keys as to mess with his notes.

 

“That’s so rare of you to play when our parents is not at home.” Her head is leaning against his right shoulder, running her fingers from one end of the keyboard to the ones she could reach.

 

“The door is not locked for a reason.” he remarks, without looking at her. He gently pull her hands off the keys and his fingers fly over the keys, resuming the notes that he’s been playing since earlier.

 

Aennrain stares warily at him. “Are you expecting someone beside me?” she pouts.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter