Stop Joking Around -

How to Save a Life

"I'm Park Jiyeon. And you're. . Park Hyomin. . right ?" The girl enthusiastically smiled at the now silenced Hyomin.

"How. . how. . what, who ?" Those were the only words that she can utter out of . A vast amount of questions were cramming inside Hyomin's head and jumbling up into a huge mess.

"Wow, it's been ages since someone has been able to see me !" Jiyeon continued, ignoring the other girl's amazement and shock. "How. . what do you mean you saved me ?" Hyomin sputtered at Jiyeon, who looked back at her with a sly grin.

"Big Boss said that your soul was about to be taken from demons or something. So I just made sure that those stupid vermins didn't come near your dead body and I guess your time wasn't still up. Thank me later.." Jiyeon carelessly replied at her serious question. "Wha- what ?! Demons ? Take my soul ? Big Boss ? What the are you seriously talking about ?!" Hyomin couldn't tell if she was gonna go insane from how she's still alive or being this person's entertainment source. She slowed down, trying to keep her head steady and avoiding any other thoughts.

"So. . does that mean you're. . an angel ?"

Jiyeon looked at her with pure amusement, smirking at her simple question. "You can think of it like that." This only irritated Hyomin more, opening to ask one more.

"What do you mean by demons ? What the hell are you talking about actually ?!"

Jiyeon sighed and opened to answer. "You see, what I mean by dem-" The sound of the driver's door latching open echoed in the truck, flooding back in the sounds of the outdoor reality.

"Ah ! That reminds me, can't talk for long. I got some urgent duties to do and people will think you're crazy. Normal people like the ones outside can't see me, but for some reason. . you can." Jiyeon's mouth moved quickly.

Hyomin raised a hand up to try and halt the girl from going. "Wait !"

"I have to go now, don't worry. . I'll be back later to tell you some stuff. For now, I think you'll need a rest." Jiyeon brought a hand up to lightly tap the girl's head.

Darkness quickly spread over Hyomin's eyes, as the last she saw was the "angel" disintergrating as if she broke into thouands of pieces.

"But I still have more questions. . "

---

Being in the hospital for a whole damn week dreaded Hyomin. She was stuck in some secluded room for one person and got minor visits from friends and relatives. For those 7 days, she heard people die, cry, scream, and talk about their illness. Every now and then, she'd get this uncomfortable feeling just tickling at her insides. It made Hyomin's stomach ache and it hurt too much to swallow the bland food they gave.

So basically, for the most part, this lazy slept most of those 7 days and delusionally dreamt about Qri.

Hyomin, you closet ert.

---

"Ah. . finally, out of this stupid place." Hyomin sat up on her hospital bed, fully dressed. She stretched her arms and legs to see if they worked just fine after the incident, and surprisingly she only had a mere scratch at some parts of her body.

"Pfft. . Maybe I'm just going crazy about me seeing an angel or something." Hyomin shook her head in dismay. The "angel" hasn't shown itself for all those days that she was in the hospital. Hyomin was now rethinking that those events were just her imagination going wild.

Hyomin made her way to the sliding door of her room. A deep and heavy sigh slipped through her lips, as she made her way to leave to the elevator. She saw a whole bunch of people clad in white uniforms and those green surgeon gowns. They seemed busy with doing whatever they needed to do. Hyomin timidly made her way down the bustling hall, trying to make her way down as fast as she can. Her eyes were locked onto the white floor tiles, avoiding to pick up her head.

---

As she reached the mental department, this strange feeling hit her. It came slowly, but it spread through her body quickly. She felt uncomfortable, the kind of uncomfortable where it almost feels like you're suffocating. "Huh. . why ? Why do I feel like this . . ?" Hyomin thought to herself, as she saw a pair of a patient's legs. She looked up and opened to apologize for being in the way.

Her eyes widened at what she saw. Her lips quivered and her palms had that nasty habit of forming sweat.

"What the. . "

A shadow. No. . a being was wrapped around the patient's neck. It looked like what a demon's shadow would've looked. It had no eyes, no nose. . just a mouth that seemed to be filled with jagged teeth.

Hyomin stepped back, but her body felt too heavy to move away any further.

"Is there something wrong. . ? Are you alright. . ?" The patient seemed concerned and confused at Hyomin's hesitant actions.

The patient seemed to have no knowledge of the "thing" around his body. The being didn't seem interested in Hyomin. It was quietly lurking around the patient's upper body, twisting itself around and whispering in a inaudible voice to the patient's ear. went dry, but she managed to rasp out "N-no. . It's alright. I'm fine." Hyomin's legs jolted into a run, her breath hitched at every step, but it became easier to breath the further she went.

She slammed her index finger onto the elevator button. It opened immediately, as if it were waiting for her. She went inside the elevator in shaky steps, holding onto the hand support for balance. She struggled to press the 1st floor button and laid her back against the wooden walls.

5th floor.

4th floor.

3rd floor.

2nd fl-

The elevator ceased to go further down. The lights flickered on and off for a moment, but it managed to keep the light in a dim level. Hyomin put a hand to her forehead, trying to rid of the imagery of the "ghost".

"So you saw one of those demons."

"Aw crap ! ! " Hyomin's shoulders jumped up in fright, turning her head to see Jiyeon standing on the opposite corner as her. "You ! How'd you get in here . ?! No, nevermind that ! What do you mean by "demons" ??" Her words were frantic and desperate for an answer. Jiyeon chuckled, amused at her panicky state. "I guess having the ability to see me has some consequences. Okay, did you feel really strange, when you were near it ?"

Hyomin nodded her head several times to the question. "I see. . alright, listen up. That thing you saw is something that we call "Seekers."" Hyomin looked at Jiyeon, clearly having no clue what she was talking about.

She continued with her lecture, ignoring the girl's expression "These things don't hurt you, but they "hurt" the ones that are being followed by them. You see, these don't physically harm, but mentally. It whispers disgusting, tainted, absolutely HORRIBLE things to the victim. . usually leading to suicide." Jiyeon paused and glanced at Hyomin. Her eyebrows furrowed and her insides felt like they were churning. "The more the person seeps into the Seeker's words, you'll start to see them grow bigger around the victim and you'll feel sick to the stomach."

 "So, you're telling me that I can see if someone is thinking bout suicide or not ?" Hyomin gaped, trying to pick up Jiyeon's every word.

"Yes. But remember, normal people do not see these demons. They just think it's their own minds saying those wretched words." Jiyeon put a finger to her lips and grinned "So, don't tell anyone about these Seekers. They'll think you're crazy."

---